PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving to the South

SteveAndSophie
30-08-2011, 11:37
Hello,
We are flying to Tenerife this Friday with 2 friends. We have accommodation for 1 month. Our aim is to find work and a permanent home.
Please could anyone give us some advice on obtaining a NIE number, the medical insurance - we Were going to get a travel insurance like back packers so that it was long term? Also the best places to go for jobs, we have our CV's and references.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Steve and Sophie

Ed3229
30-08-2011, 12:20
Sit and read all the threads posted on the forum in the "Living in & Moving to Tenerife" section you will get all the info you need...:tiphat:

SteveAndSophie
01-09-2011, 21:12
Thank you.

We are flying tomorrow but still struggling to find decent insurance. Our E111's won't be valid as its not Europe??? Also the insurance is so expensive for out of Europe. Is there any way around this with out spending so much money? also what is the advised length of insurance as we have a months accommodation but are going to register for residency straight away and apply for work.. please can someone advise us on the rules for health etc over there. Thank you very much.

Steve and Sophie

sevenislandlets
01-09-2011, 21:24
We moved here in June and I had a trip to the hospital shortly after and used my E111 card with no problems! Just had to take my passport with me and the translators were very helpful. Hope this helps

SteveAndSophie
01-09-2011, 21:32
Thats fantastic! Thank you very much!!!
Been looking frantically online... this site is brilliant

Ta

Stoney
01-09-2011, 21:36
Go to the police station at the back of the Caribe Hotel/Apts also close to Bus Station in PDLA, get there early and pick up the forms for Residencia/NIE think this is now all on one form. They will give you another form to fill in which you take to the bank and pay the amount due. The Police station closes at 2pm for all enquiries about Residencia etc. Hope you Spanish is good as the forms are all in Spanish, if not get on the Internet and use the translator might take a bit of time, but everything here does. Good luck on the job front, not many about at the minute but you might be lucky, be careful about taking jobs that are commission based and get everything in writing about getting paid, just lately a few people have complained about working a week and then they let them go saying they will pay them at the end of the month, but because it was all verbal they got nothing.