PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Frydays chip shop & takeaway, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

Greg
18-07-2011, 21:08
Oh dear! I'm a very disappointed bunny! I've waited all day for my doner kebab with lashings of chilli sauce. i stood for an hour waiting for it. (not a problem in itself as it was their first day and they were trying to cope with a few people) I got it home, opened it to find..... I don't know! But it's not doner kebab! I was a tad suspicious when I couldn't see the spit in the kitchen. I think the meat is some flat pack stuff that they put on the plancha or deep fried it. Definately not proper doner meat off the spit, and not a drop of chilli sauce either! One bite later and it now has pride of place in my bin. :fryingpan:

Tinkabel
18-07-2011, 21:25
Thats a shame about the kebab, we tried the cod and chips and although the wait was a long one, the cod was lovely and good value for money, will definately try it again but may have to give them a little longer to find their feet and get a little more organised in the kitchen, maybe prioritise the people in the restaurant instead of the deliveries. The very best of luck to what could be (with a little more organisation) a great business.

Knobby
18-07-2011, 22:09
Oh dear! I'm a very disappointed bunny!

Me too.

Thought a chippy was supposed to be walk in and walk out with your supper - i'll stick to Scampi's.

Harmonicaman
18-07-2011, 22:14
Thought a chippy was supposed to be walk in and walk out with your supper - i'll stick to Scampi's.

If you had to wait 'til they cooked it fresh, then that can't be bad surely?

Knobby
18-07-2011, 22:22
If you had to wait 'til they cooked it fresh, then that can't be bad surely?

over 45 minutes, did they pop down the sea front to catch the fish? - maybe give it another chance in a few weeks, food wasn't that good.

cheery
21-07-2011, 20:23

If you went into a restaurant and ordered fish and the waitress returned 30 seconds later with it you would wonder if the quality was up to it. I certainly would and I should know, I spent 10 years supplying fish and chip shops and have now bought my own. Obviously we cook fish to order to maintain the quality. If you can't wait 4 minutes for a fish then it's a bit of a poor show. We have an ultra modern high efficiency range and never have a queue (i.e. someone still in the shop waiting) for more than 20 minutes even on a Friday night.

Suej
21-07-2011, 20:26
If you went into a restaurant and ordered fish and the waitress returned 30 seconds later with it you would wonder if the quality was up to it. I certainly would and I should know, I spent 10 years supplying fish and chip shops and have now bought my own. Obviously we cook fish to order to maintain the quality. If you can't wait 4 minutes for a fish then it's a bit of a poor show. We have an ultra modern high efficiency range and never have a queue (i.e. someone still in the shop waiting) for more than 20 minutes even on a Friday night.

I can also remember in UK the queue being up the road and round the corner of the Chippy on a Friday! but at the end of the wait the food needs to be good!:hungry:

Tinkabel
22-07-2011, 19:27
We went for a takeaway on the first day opening and tried the cod and chips, although the wait was a long one, the cod was lovely and good value for money, will definately try it again but may have to give them a little longer to find their feet and get a little more organised in the kitchen, maybe prioritise the people in the restaurant instead of the deliveries. The very best of luck to what could be (with a little more organisation) a great business.

basil brush
26-07-2011, 16:38
Sorry but you seem to be the only one,as yet, that has a good opinion of it, 3 freinds of mine have been and they said, they had no haddock, but cod was just ok, chips very greasy, batter greasy, why do these people think they can learn ' on the job ' think i will give it a miss...tar.

Chris P. Bacon
26-07-2011, 17:23
We had takeaway fish and chips from Frydays yesterday and it was great :spin: Chips were not greasy and neither was the batter. We shall certainly be back :hungry:

Mastiff
26-07-2011, 21:12
went there last week with the missus.
Sat down and ordered cod and chips.
Apart from having to wait ,the fish and chips were excellent.
We will definitely be going again.

Loaded
26-07-2011, 21:47
We went and loved it! Chips defo not greasy , batter was ace, service friendly - couldn't ask for more ! We will be back soon!!!

pjelec
27-07-2011, 23:36
We went this week and tried the haddock and cod with chips, mushy peas and curry sauce. It was perfect

Cruise
28-07-2011, 17:31
I went and got takeaway yesterday and tried the haddock and cod with chips, Yummie said our tummies, met the owners, they were lovely people and sorry Steph and Graham ( hope I got the names right) canšt tell you which tasted better wrapped differently as they were both delicious...

plancher
28-07-2011, 22:47
Popped in at lunch time...was starving. Excellent fish and chips to eat in...only 6.45, cant beat it. Good luck to them

Loaded
29-07-2011, 19:43
Had a delivery other night and it was ace, massive portions and fed the whole family for just over 20 euros!

grumpy
01-08-2011, 17:18
i took a friend for dinner here recently and was not impressed, after reading the good and bad posts i thought i would give it a try. It has to be the worst fish and chip shop i have ever been to. the food took forever to come the service was disgusting and the price was well over the top i will never use this chip shop again. off to try scampis this week so hope its better than this one.

walkerj3
02-08-2011, 12:58
I was so looking forward to trying Frydays as it is close to use. We went and ordered Haddock and Cod, both with chips, we were really surprised with the cost, 12euros something for both! It took 25 minutes to takeaway which was excessive we thought, but we waited and thought it would be worth it. When we got home the haddock was half the size of the cod and cooked to an inch of it's life, dark brown and batter was rock hard stuck against the over cooked fish. The chips were a good sized portion but so greasy and soggy and a real mixed bag, I had raw pieces of potato, chips that must have been re-fried a few times from previous orders then just the plain soggy ones. I must admit I like a fee soggy ones but this was too oily. Cod was cooked perfect though. I really hope they read the comments and change things as would love for it to be good and they make a success of it!

sarah012
03-08-2011, 14:50
We had a lovely afternoon lunch there recently....Wishing them every success

Jackie
06-08-2011, 10:34
My daughter and I went here last night and it was perfect with reasonable prices. I have to admit we were starving after both being at work all day and then doing a bit of retail therapy before eating at about 8.30ish. I had Cod and Chips and have to say it was lovely with very light batter, my daughter had battered sausage and chips and we both had a Walley, well you can't have fish and chips without one. We also had bread and butter as well as 2 coffees and 2 Nestea's, the bill came to 18 euros which I thought was very good. Compliments to the chef ;)

Tojack
15-08-2011, 22:38
Just been to Frydays had cod,chips,mushy peas & scraps wife had battered sausage, chips,mushy peas & scraps, both were excellent.
Owners and staff were very friendly, service was quick and very reasonably priced. Will definately go back again and would certainly recommend.
only thing would suggest to the chef is that in Yorkshire lemon goes in G&T or V&T not on fish with mushy peas:yum::goodluck::thanx:

marydoll56
15-08-2011, 23:07
We went the first week it opened and had chips, they were very greasy, we were really hoping it would be good as we love cod n real chips. Don't think we'll bother going again.

Jackie
16-08-2011, 06:42
We went the first week it opened and had chips, they were very greasy, we were really hoping it would be good as we love cod n real chips. Don't think we'll bother going again.

Marydoll give it another go, one thing I can't stand is greasy food of any type. We tried it a couple of weeks ago and no sign of greasy chips at all

Tojack
16-08-2011, 09:36
They were not greasy at all, in fact they were the best we have ever had on the island. every business has teething problems at the start and it is worth giving them another try. we will certainly use again

walkerj3
18-08-2011, 12:13
We went again with the real hope that so many people here have had a good meal but no, unfortunately not, we always have take-away, perhaps that is the difference but the paper was dripping with oil and our plates also after, the fish was lovely but the chips this time were not cooked. I am a gluten for punishment so will try again in a few weeks as the staff were so lovely and friendly, I really hope it works out for them.

ali marshall
22-08-2011, 13:15
We went to frydays yesterday and we all enjoyed our meal.The staff was very pleasant and asked as if we enjoyed our meal and if was happy with everything,the fish and chips were lovely,were not greasey at all,the cod was nice big chunks and the batter was perfect.The chips are chip shop chips,not frozen chips,was just like having fish and chips from back home.Defaintly go back again as the prices were good as well.I wish the owners the best of luck in the future.

murph
24-08-2011, 17:26
Had Fish and Chip take away from there the other night - Lovely!

murph
24-08-2011, 17:47
Had Cod and Chips take away from here the other night - Lovely! Especially the Cod!

robntoni
05-09-2011, 11:32
I want fish n chips now. Where can I find Frydays? I'm still new to Los Cris (three weeks tomorrow!) and haven't come across this chippy yet.

murph
05-09-2011, 12:03
I want fish n chips now. Where can I find Frydays? I'm still new to Los Cris (three weeks tomorrow!) and haven't come across this chippy yet.

Find your way to the Bus Station in Los Cristianos. Walk down to the lights, turn left and on your left is a big Holiday Apartment Block - San Marino.

Frydays is underneath next to the Heritage pub on the left (you have to walk up the road 100m to get into it)

glostergirl
05-09-2011, 13:25
hi we are at san marino which is at back of the bus station. open from 5pm daily last frying orders 1.30 am. delivery service also available. see u soon

robntoni
05-09-2011, 13:29
Delivery service? Now we're talking! Is there an online menu I can check out? I fancy fish n chips at my door! Could I get the phone number, please?

glostergirl
05-09-2011, 13:33
hi the number is 922796509 minium order for delivery i think is 10 euros.

robntoni
05-09-2011, 13:42
Thanks! C'mon, 5pm! Counting down now... 3 hours and 18 minutes :)

VideoMem
28-11-2011, 22:49
My wife & I visited "Frydays" week before last following recomendation from some forum members and we were delighted with the cod & Hadock with chips and in my case "Mushy Peas" which we received. A warm welcome was given and we will return again when we vist Los Cristianos again in February!:tiphat:

Knobby
28-11-2011, 22:54
My wife & I visited "Frydays" week before last following recomendation from some forum members and we were delighted with the cod & Hadock with chips and in my case "Mushy Peas" which we received. A warm welcome was given and we will return again when we vist Los Cristianos again in February!:tiphat:

If it's still open!

p.s. my last post is deleted!!

Cairo
28-11-2011, 23:21
Been here a few times now and very happy with what I have ordered :)

Incognita
29-11-2011, 19:33
[QUOTE=Knobby;119775]If it's still open!

And why would it not be open? strange thing to post I thougt!!

no.job.2.small
29-11-2011, 20:24
Went there this afternoon (1.30pm), cant comment on the food as they were closed !
Sure they advertised they we're open lunch times ? Back to Scampi's but would of loved to of try Frydays !

Incognita
29-11-2011, 20:47
Originally Frydays used to open in the daytime but hasnt done for sometime now. It is open from 5pm everyday, sorry you had a wasted journey no.job.2.small but maybe you will find the time to visit one evening.

Knobby
29-11-2011, 22:14
[QUOTE=Knobby;119775]If it's still open!

And why would it not be open? strange thing to post I thougt!!

Large place for a chippy, lots of overheads, not enough customers, complaints from residents on San Marino & food inconsistant.

Went there this afternoon (1.30pm), cant comment on the food as they were closed !
Sure they advertised they we're open lunch times ? Back to Scampi's but would of loved to of try Frydays !

And only open when they feel like it.

Delivery service is also not available any more.

Incognita
29-11-2011, 23:10
Ahhh I see now, Knobby joined in July, coincidence - Frydays opened in July, Knobby has only made 5 posts and every one has been to the detriment of Frydays ..... I smell a rat!! - To clarify there have been no complaints from San Marino, in fact there are many regular customers that visit from San Marino. Frydays does still have a delivery service. The hours changed on 17th August and have stayed the same ever since. The food is only inconsistant in that the menu may vary from time to time.
Does knobby concern himself with the size of the premises or the overheads of any other businesses similar to Frydays I wonder!

Knobby
29-11-2011, 23:31
Ahhh I see now, Knobby joined in July, coincidence - Frydays opened in July, Knobby has only made 5 posts and every one has been to the detriment of Frydays ..... I smell a rat!! - To clarify there have been no complaints from San Marino, in fact there are many regular customers that visit from San Marino. Frydays does still have a delivery service. The hours changed on 17th August and have stayed the same ever since. The food is only inconsistant in that the menu may vary from time to time.
Does knobby concern himself with the size of the premises or the overheads of any other businesses similar to Frydays I wonder!

Just looked at your posts - you joined in may, many about the chippy. Do you work there, because you like to promote?
I have only posted on here because thought originally it would be good and was told to look on the forum for comments - 2 previous threads closed down due to whatever reason.
Not concerned about businesses but have had experiences - now retired.
Only rats are the one's you will find in the kitchen! (UB40) :raspberry2:

Incognita
30-11-2011, 00:02
Just looked at your posts - you joined in may, many about the chippy. Do you work there, because you like to promote?
I have only posted on here because thought originally it would be good and was told to look on the forum for comments - 2 previous threads closed down due to whatever reason.
Not concerned about businesses but have had experiences - now retired.
Only rats are the one's you will find in the kitchen! (UB40) :raspberry2:

I am the owner of Frydays as you can tell from my previous posts, and have never attempted to hide the fact. Tonight I have merely attempted to correct and clarify some of the allegations that you have made and defend my business. If you read through this thread you will see that other than the first few weeks all the feed back has been positive, but thank you for showing such an interest. Maybe you should try us again.

timmylish
30-11-2011, 01:19
Free publicity is rarely to the detriment of any business!

VideoMem
30-11-2011, 10:22
Knobby is entitled to his opinion, but to me his comments smells of a deliberate act of sabotage!:wave:

Ecky Thump
30-11-2011, 11:08
Knobby is entitled to his opinion, but to me his comments smells of a deliberate act of sabotage!:wave:

Or maybe smells a bit fishy.:wink:

Suej
30-11-2011, 16:10
I am the owner of Frydays as you can tell from my previous posts, and have never attempted to hide the fact. Tonight I have merely attempted to correct and clarify some of the allegations that you have made and defend my business. If you read through this thread you will see that other than the first few weeks all the feed back has been positive, but thank you for showing such an interest. Maybe you should try us again.

Can you tell me if you still do Kebabs Incognita? the report wasnŽt too good on that score in the early days but I think one of your staff mentioned a new machine being on the way? OH loves fish but I donŽt, also not keen on burgers or battered sausage. Thanks!:)

timmylish
30-11-2011, 16:40
Can you tell me if you still do Kebabs Incognita? the report wasnŽt too good on that score in the early days but I think one of your staff mentioned a new machine being on the way? OH loves fish but I donŽt, also not keen on burgers or battered sausage. Thanks!:)

What aboot battered Mars Bars?

Incognita
30-11-2011, 17:18
SueJ, the kebab meat is done on a plancher, we dont have the full machine as yet. Over the months though I will say that the quality has improved, the chili sauce, salad and pitta bread suppliers have been changed, the chicken kebab has been taken off the menu and all in all the customers now do seem satisfied. As for the mars bars!!! my OH had a fit when I mentioned it! says it will mess up his fryers ....

nurse ratchet
30-11-2011, 18:53
Never mind some second rate establishment in Tenerife, even the best places are in trouble

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article3243432.ece

Suej
30-11-2011, 18:58
SueJ, the kebab meat is done on a plancher, we dont have the full machine as yet. Over the months though I will say that the quality has improved, the chili sauce, salad and pitta bread suppliers have been changed, the chicken kebab has been taken off the menu and all in all the customers now do seem satisfied. As for the mars bars!!! my OH had a fit when I mentioned it! says it will mess up his fryers ....

IŽll give a kebab a shot when OH wants your fish and chips which he really enjoys! I end up with a bowl of soup! :( and IŽm not really a soup kinda gal!:)

Cairo
30-11-2011, 22:32
What aboot battered Mars Bars?

I think it is an English chippy rather than a Scottish one ;)

Ecky Thump
30-11-2011, 23:04
I think it is an English chippy rather than a Scottish one ;)

Thank goodness for that, because all we seem to get here now is Haddock with greasy chips, but there are a few exceptions, even if they are hard to find.

clarkie71
29-02-2012, 00:01
hi does any one have contact details of the owners of frydays please

glostergirl
29-02-2012, 00:16
can you not call into them at the chippie??

delderek
29-02-2012, 10:09
Frydays closed, a week or so ago.

Incognita
29-02-2012, 11:10
hi does any one have contact details of the owners of frydays please
Hi clarkie I tried to reply but your inbox is full x

Suej
29-02-2012, 12:18
Frydays closed, a week or so ago.

Oh what a shame! we went there a few months back and it looked busy and we had a lovely meal!!!:(

VideoMem
29-02-2012, 12:32
:angry:
Oh what a shame! we went there a few months back and it looked busy and we had a lovely meal!!!:(
We too last November, here again, and was looking forward to some "Proper" fish & Chips:yum:

Suej
29-02-2012, 12:52
:angry:
We too last November, here again, and was looking forward to some "Proper" fish & Chips:yum:

There is a place called Starstruck along from Admiral Travel they do excellent Fish and chips! give it a try VideoMem!:yum:

tfs1
28-09-2012, 12:12
is Starstruck still around. The owners were sellng up and cant seem to find it now on Tripadvisor where I had posted some comments (positive one !) some months ago.

update, have had another look at Tripadvisor and the previous Starstruck feedback has gone and a new entry called Starstruckcafebar, started a couple of months ago has appeared, with 2 comments.

Did it get sold and anyone had the fish and chips recently ?

henry
28-09-2012, 12:45
i remember when i heard fryday so last year i thought i give them a try. when i went there it close down. it something you heard a place open up. you make plans to go in a few weeks to only find out it close down !! just when the word speading they close down

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i remember when i heard fryday so last year i thought i give them a try. when i went there it close down. it something you heard a place open up. you make plans to go in a few weeks to only find out it close down !! just when the word speading they close down

Suej
28-09-2012, 14:55
is Starstruck still around. The owners were sellng up and cant seem to find it now on Tripadvisor where I had posted some comments (positive one !) some months ago.

update, have had another look at Tripadvisor and the previous Starstruck feedback has gone and a new entry called Starstruckcafebar, started a couple of months ago has appeared, with 2 comments.

Did it get sold and anyone had the fish and chips recently ?

Terrible shame! they closed in August and the owners went to Canada! it was the best place for fish and chips!!!:crying2:

KirstyJay
28-09-2012, 21:13
Restaurant closed, so thread closed :)