PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend somewhere for a Birthday Bash in Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

HUFC
01-09-2011, 20:25
Guys, help required.
Coming over in November to celebrate Wife's Birthday. arriving on a Sunday Evening, 10 confirmed (possibly 2 more).Staying in Los Cris Area, some in Villa in Vista Hermosa, some in Castle Harbour. Birthday is Tuesday. Day of B/Day, weather permitting will be spent at Siam Park. Evening is where I require help and advise. Looking for a nearby eaterie, where food is good (doesn't need to be fantastic!), but more important is fantastic atmosphere, friendly staff etc, we want to be able to turn up about 8.30, and still be there at midnight ( We hate being rushed through a meal) restaurant will make killing on beer and wine!!
Want to be able to call in on Monday, pay in advance for B/Day cake.
Any suggestions? With directions (dont know Los cris at all)
Thanks for any help, and apologies for long post!!

Alan

HUFC

golazzo
01-09-2011, 20:49
Then you need to be looking at the El Mirador strip of bars just 5 minute walk away from where you are staying.

DOREEN QUINN
01-09-2011, 21:49
I am sure many people on here will recommend lots of places and be grateful of a party of that size.
When are you arriving exactly?

slodgedad
01-09-2011, 22:42
It would help if you said what type of restaurant.

Quality food and drink only, decent food and a **** up or food, drink and entertainment?

Tenerife has all of these open at the silliest of times.

HUFC
02-09-2011, 08:28
thanks for replies so far, we arrive Sunday 20th Nov. As for type of restaurant,,Just a general style where they offer steaks, pasta etc, would be great if they had tables large enough so we can chat to all the party, not just the few around you. Slodge your best analogy is decent food and a ****up! many years ago, we stayed over in Torviscas, so can't remember name of restaurant, but they had large tables, and a solo singer on. which made for a great night, so something similar would be fab.

marbro8
02-09-2011, 19:42
you could try the bistro, not the original bistro i think that's quite expensive and a bit more intimate, if you walk along the front coming from the arona gran, walk for about half a mile and you come to a split in the path, the right takes you along the front and to los cris harbour, so bare to the right and walk past the red lion(where you can get good food and entertainment also) then past churchills and i think it's either the first or second on the right, about halfway up the hill next door to a chinese, we are over in october and there are 9 of us so we are thinking of trying the ivy house, thats not far from los cris harbour, when you get to that split in the path as mentioned, take the left and walk for about 20 mins and you come to the centre of los cris(there are some whales or dolphin figures that have been placed in the path and look like they are coming out of the ground) just a few yards past there you will see up a side street a pub called the miners, walk past that and turn left and you come to quite a large square with a fountain (that's not working) and it is a few yards down there on the left

Ecky Thump
02-09-2011, 19:54
It would be hard to beat "Terrazza del Mare" its situated in Las Americas, the quality of food and service is of a very high standard, with its sea views, decor and its general ambiance it is in a class of its own and it is owned by our own forum member Doreen.:)

There is a review of the restaurant on the forum which will give you all the information.

marbro8
02-09-2011, 20:04
It would be hard to beat "Terrazza del Mare" its situated in Las Americas, the quality of food and service is of a very high standard, with its sea views, decor and its general ambiance it is in a class of its own and it is owned by our own forum member Doreen.:)

There is a review of the restaurant on the forum which will give you all the information.i did think of that ecky but didn't know if it would be further than they wanted to travel or walk? cus you could walk it easily but it would take about an hour and half? from where they are staying

Ecky Thump
02-09-2011, 20:19
i did think of that ecky but didn't know if it would be further than they wanted to travel or walk? cus you could walk it easily but it would take about an hour and half? from where they are staying

I think the cost of getting a Taxi would be about €6 each way, not to high a price to pay for that "special:love2:" night out, plus the restaurant has its own cocktail bar to sit and look at the ocean views well into the wee hours.:spin:

Maybe Doreen will be along later to give us information regarding the actual cost of the taxi fare.

Ecky Thump
04-09-2011, 09:50
I think the cost of getting a Taxi would be about €6 each way, not to high a price to pay for that "special:love2:" night out, plus the restaurant has its own cocktail bar to sit and look at the ocean views well into the wee hours.:spin:

Maybe Doreen will be along later to give us information regarding the actual cost of the taxi fare.

Wakey Wakey Doreen:snore:....information needed.