PDA

View Full Version : Internet Why is home internet so difficult to get in Tenerife?

sevenislandlets
02-09-2011, 22:09
I ordered my internet through Movistar on 2nd August and am still waiting!! My friend (who speaks spanish) called them a week later to complain and they reordered it. Now I am really fed up so this week I went into the store and cancelled the lot and started again. I was promised that I would hear from the technician by end of week and still no sign. Can anyone please give me some advice as I really need my wi-fi asap? Many thanks

slodgedad
02-09-2011, 22:13
Why not try Direct Telecom?

You can get the whole package with them, including cheaper line rental.

caretenerife
03-09-2011, 04:33
It must be where you live, when I moved to Taucho last year they came the same day I ordered it, and here in Arico the next day
However my friend in Los Cristianos waited almost 2 weeks for theirs, there is a lady in the movistar shop in Los Cristianos that speaks great english and is always very helpful and can solve many movistar problems

sevenislandlets
03-09-2011, 11:42
I live in San Isidro. I will try shop in LC and if no luck will try direct telecom

Many thanks

cressrt
06-09-2011, 22:17
We live above Charco del Pino and can't get a land line or Internet through the normal channels as there are no telegraph pole near us. We have the Internet from WIFI Canarias (they have a web site). They came out the same day and tested that we could get the service and Installed it there and then. We pay 50 euros a month for unlimited use and get 3 mbs. They start at 30 euros for 1mb. You just need to choose how many mbs you want to receive. They speak great English and the service has been second to none which frankly is refreshing out here!

arain
08-09-2011, 12:32
We have our internet line from Telefonica (is that the same provider as Direct Telecom?). Comes to about 56EUR per month. That's quite a lot of money compared to european prices of broadband. Do you know cheaper alternatives?(not considering mobile broadband like vodafone or movistar). 30 euros for 1mb from WIFI Canarias is the cheapest alternative?

timmylish
08-09-2011, 14:30
I live in San Isidro. I will try shop in LC and if no luck will try direct telecom

Many thanks

So do I and I have to tell you that we were hooked up in less than 48 hours. However, as always when dealing with Movistar, we went to the Movistar people in Cabo Blanco (just can,t remember name but they are right across from the main bus stop (if that helps!). Technisur? No probelems whatsoever. Good luck!

dotty1
08-09-2011, 19:18
I Use Direct Telecom, had it in no time, on the internet in a couple of days.

Scoffer
30-08-2013, 19:40
We live below Charco del Piņo, below Montaņa Gorda. We use Wifi Canarias and, up to the last few months, it worked well. Unfortunately, we now have constant problems with low/no signal. Despite informing them of our problem, it has not been fixed. Does anyone else have the same problem?

primrose
30-08-2013, 19:48
I ordered my internet through Movistar on 2nd August and am still waiting!! My friend (who speaks spanish) called them a week later to complain and they reordered it. Now I am really fed up so this week I went into the store and cancelled the lot and started again. I was promised that I would hear from the technician by end of week and still no sign. Can anyone please give me some advice as I really need my wi-fi asap? Many thanks

It's August, Nothing gets done in August, they are all on holiday.:doh:

casabonny
30-08-2013, 20:31
We live below Charco del Piņo, below Montaņa Gorda. We use Wifi Canarias and, up to the last few months, it worked well. Unfortunately, we now have constant problems with low/no signal. Despite informing them of our problem, it has not been fixed. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Contact member cressrt as they have the same system and see if they are having any problems , in which case it might not be just you and as has been said NOTHING happens in August!

9PLUS
30-08-2013, 20:51

That's Movistar for you

cressrt
30-08-2013, 21:41
We have had no problems recently and when we do it is always fixed and money deducted from DD to compensate, we deal with Gilfreda for any problems, PM if you do not have his mobile.

9PLUS
30-08-2013, 21:48
Love the forum without the Internet, don't hold it to ransom.

OK cheers

x

slodgedad
30-08-2013, 22:52
Anyone elsr noticed that the OP is 2 years old?

9PLUS
30-08-2013, 23:16

you're worth every penny you make from this forum sloggy, a true marksman

cressrt
31-08-2013, 06:32
The original post is but someone had posted a new issue on it.

chifleta
31-08-2013, 11:05
Why not try Direct Telecom?

You can get the whole package with them, including cheaper line rental.

I'm with you.... I've had mine with them for yonks, and although my area is still slow ADSL in comparison to others, i've stuck with them as I never get any shock phone bills, and even though I speak fluent Spanish, I prefer them to deal with any potential problems. I'd rather jump off my balcony than try and get help from Telefonica aka Movistar LOL

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

It's August, Nothing gets done in August, they are all on holiday.:doh:

:laugh: so true :) amazing how few people are ill too, the doctors surgery was sooooooo quiet yesterday

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

you stalking again? :denied::bolt:

TOPGUN77
31-08-2013, 15:25
Hi was having problems with WIFI Canaries slow speed tv freezing so contacted Direct Telecom got the phone line installed in 3 days then the problems began I have been waiting nearly 6 weeks still no internet,the problem was Moviestar who owns the line reckon the line and number doesn't exist but was using the phone ok up until 2 weeks ago the line went dead.
Contacted DT after them making 27 phone calls to Moviestar and getting no where they decided to apply for a new line, now for some reason I have the phone working but with a different land line number.
I now just have to wait for the internet to be connected so god knows how long that is going to take lucky enough my friendly next door neighbour is allowing me to use his internet through wi fi.

Pooh
31-08-2013, 17:06
When we moved to our new house a few months ago, in May, the engineer from movistar wanted to install it at 8 in the morning the day after I ordered it.
I had to tell them to hold off until after the weekend, since the previous owners still lived in the house.
They came Monday morning at 8, installed 2 new lines, and by 9:30 both were up and running, with good and stable speed... No complaints at all about their services in that regard.
When it comes to cancelling the old line in the other house, that's another story...

sunseeker
31-08-2013, 17:41
When it comes to cancelling the old line in the other house, that's another story... make sure you send your letters registered.

JCanles
02-10-2013, 11:36
Recently moved to this place I was looking for reliable service provider. After reading your reviews, I think movistar is the best service provider.