PDA

View Full Version : Marina Palace, Playa Paraiso, Tenerife Owners thread.

LeFrunk
03-09-2011, 20:27
Hi all , firstly i would like to say a big giant thank you to Young Golfer for his help and advice . We are just back from our holiday in our apt at Marina Palace out in Playa Paraiso. When we got there i noticed that the complex was in need of a clean up and a good paint job . Over the next week myself and a big Dutchman complained to the president in very strong words as to why our once beautiful complex had been turned into a slum . We went to the main office in Armenime to see what info we could get , it all boils down to money . There are 218 apts at Marina and out of that there are 118 who dont pay the communal fee each month , out of that again 83 have been repossessed by the banks , who dont get the paperwork from the courts for about 18 / 24mths then the bank has to pay the fee monthly. We where told that some people just went to their bank and handed over their keys and walked away , some people just walked away and said nothing at all to their bank. As our 2nd week started the two local workers started to paint the pool area and fix the sun loungers , a few days later they started to clean the dog sheet around the outside of the complex. But the expats on the complex said to us that the work was only being done because we where still there and when we are gone it will be the same again as before. We got the minutes of one of the first meetings held and it stated that apt owners where allowed to keep a small pet but renters where not allowed to keep pets at all . We got a lot of info from the expat owners and told the president that we ALL wanted the AGM to be held next August when we are all there and not in November when it suits the Spanish/Italian owners and he agreed. We told him that we will be back in Jan`12 to see what improvments had been carried out and if not we would then go to Adeje council and if needed the Police to sort dogs and cats out. The council would close the pool area as there is about 10mtrs of the plastic missing around the edge of the pool and a childs foot could get caught in it and a possible break . As i said at the start of my rant a big thanks to YG , but we still had a great time in Tenerife and will in the future.

tamoshiunas
01-08-2015, 15:47
Hi all. I am just wondering what is the situation in this complex at the moment? Is it worth buying in here now?

Your honest answer is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Tom

Angusjim
02-08-2015, 07:33
Hi all. I am just wondering what is the situation in this complex at the moment? Is it worth buying in here now?

Your honest answer is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Tom

YOUNG GOLFER may be the man to give you info about this:tiphat:

bonitatime
02-08-2015, 10:34
I know someone who has just bought there. There seem to be a few bank repossessions. The comunity are doing quite a bit and are converting the light and water on to individual bills. I was over there looking at his apartment and the pool area looked good. It still needs work but seems to be on the up.

delderek
02-08-2015, 11:05
Originally Mafia involvement, probably different now , but you may also want to look at this:

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/surrey-grandmother-denies-laundering-money-7775536

LeFrunk
02-08-2015, 14:40
Hi all , I have had an apt there for a few years and I can tell you that we have had a boat load of sheite this last few years. But Bonitime is right , the complex is very slowly on the up. Delderek is also right , the Italians did have a major hand in things there and left us with a considerable debt to the electric and water companies. It would be wrong to say they haven't gone away either. The complex has good and bad going for it , its in a great spot , quiet , nice wee village down the street and handy for the bus into LA or Los Cris . On the other hand as the recession took hold a lot of owners rented and then came the dogs , cats and the *****e. I have absolutely nothing against renters , just the ones whose idea is "This apt isn't mine so I don't care and if I want 3 dogs and 2 cats in a 1bed apt so what" that's what destroys complexes. But I shall be over in a fortnight for my hols and no doubt will enjoy every bit of it .

Lapa
18-08-2017, 13:17
Hi all! Is anybody going to visit Annual General Meeting on August 24,2017? Just got "Listado de morosidad"...