PDA

View Full Version : "The Bloke" owes me 50€!

CIM
04-09-2011, 11:27
I had a friendly bet with the bloke one afternoon in Torviscas.He was yapping on and on about how Man United would "definitely" buy Modric during the summer transfer window. I disagreed - strongly! So, we decided to have a bet. 50€ to him if Modric went to Man U on or before 31st August and 50€ to me if he didn´t.

Sooooo - 50€ please! :bottomline:

Ian55
04-09-2011, 11:32
I had a friendly bet with the bloke one afternoon in Torviscas.He was yapping on and on about how Man United would "definitely" buy Modric during the summer transfer window. I disagreed - strongly! So, we decided to have a bet. 50€ to him if Modric went to Man U on or before 31st August and 50€ to me if he didn´t.

Sooooo - 50€ please! :bottomline:

Ah CIM Was it August 2011 or Aug 2012 :crylaughing::whistle:

CIM
04-09-2011, 11:35
Definitely this years transfer window. No wangling out of it!

Ian55
04-09-2011, 11:39
Definitely this years transfer window. No wangling out of it!

I think 'The Bloke' is getting mixed up with Wesley They both be foreign :spin:

obs
04-09-2011, 11:43
Come on CIM, name & shame why don't you ??
:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Ian55
04-09-2011, 11:46
Come on CIM, name & shame why don't you ??
:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

i know who the rascal is obs :D

obs
04-09-2011, 11:48
So do I Ian ..... ;) :whistle:

malvasia
04-09-2011, 11:48
You were on a good thing there, CIM, as Luka only has eyes for Chelsea, wages X 3 ............until Man City X his wages by 7

CIM
04-09-2011, 12:07
I thought it was a pretty good bet too :)
Had anyone offered 40 million in June, we should have sold him, but offering it on the last day of the window was just stupidity on Chelseas part. Spurs made the mistake of selling one of their best players late when Berbatov went to Man U and we didn´t have time to get anyone in as a replacement.

Hopefully once Man Citeh have won the Premiership and Champions League, the Sheikh will realise what an anti climax it all is as YES, it can all be bought if you just continuously throw hundreds of millions at it. And at the point he will ditch them,. Man Citeh will become the biggest bankruptcy case in football.

KirstyJay
04-09-2011, 12:21
Well I'm currently livid. :(

CIM
04-09-2011, 12:25
Kirsty, wander through to the kitchen, open the cupboard, select a nice, big, shiny frying pan, go find him and then give him the good news.

imablue
04-09-2011, 12:29

:wow:You,re livid.....how d,you think CIM must feel ...:whistle:

Angusjim
04-09-2011, 12:30

Yea I thought he would have signed for them as well but would not say I was livid about it:whistle::twak:

malvasia
04-09-2011, 12:38
CIM,................. At last, someone who understands the game and the economics of it.
Yes all titles can be bought, ask Blackburn fans. You show me any league and give me the finances of each club in it and I will place them in almost the correct finishing position. It doesn't matter if you are looking at the Premier League or the Ryman league............money talks. Some of the amounts being paid to non league players and some non league managers would frighten you to death.
The sooner one or two "BIG" clubs go to the wall the better for the game. The footballing authorities need to stop clubs buying players when they still have oustanding debts on others, at least that would be a start.
You are spot on about Berbatov and look at the mess Arsenal have been in over Fabregas and Nasir, which lead to some panic buying. Arteta may turn out to be ok but doubts surround his fitness. Metersaker, ok Arsenal desperately needed a centre back but but an earlier bid for Cahill or Samba would have been a better result and poor old Yossi wont know which ground in London he wont be palying at this season !!!!.

CIM
04-09-2011, 12:57
This is a top thread! Football banter, gambling, angry wives - It´s got the lot!

Yes, I remember Blackburn buying Shearer and then the title and that didnt out so well for them in the end. I think its just a matter of time before a "big club" goes tits up with their finances. They are walking a tightrope. Annoying being a Spurs fan and seeing everyone racing past you with super dooper signings but maybe Levy is playing the long game and ensuring the club remain profitable rather than gambling our future away on a massive signing who could break his leg in his first game (it also makes the club a much more attractive proposition if and when ENIC want to sell it!)

Arsenal look like going the same way as Liverpool a few seasons back. I would not be surprised to see them drop out of the top 4 this season. Saying that, Wenger has done incredibly well given their limited budget when signing players. I think Nasri was the most they ever spent at 16 million. Peanuts compared to the other clubs competing for Champions League.

El Viento
04-09-2011, 13:17
Is this Tenerife related? :argue:

Angusjim
04-09-2011, 13:19
Is this Tenerife related?

They both stay in Tenerife so I suppose it is:spin::wave:

garlicbread
04-09-2011, 13:20

You're livid............................talk to my missus. Alledgedly I bet a local Canarian taxi driver, he could have the keys to my house if Barca could beat Man United in the Champions league Final. Godd job he doesn't know exactly where we live.

MaxineC
04-09-2011, 15:00
I so want a ringside seat for when KJ mentions this subject to the bloke... :rofl: :rofl:

bonitatime
04-09-2011, 15:08
I wouldn't want to be him when he gets home this afternoon

slodgedad
04-09-2011, 15:17
Is this Tenerife related? :argue:

They both stay in Tenerife so I suppose it is:spin::wave:

I have moved it to General Chat

El Viento
04-09-2011, 16:15
CIM can you start your another super, extra, fascinating thread in right section? Or is this too difficult? arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

CIM
04-09-2011, 16:18
CIM can you start your another super, extra, fascinating thread in right section? Or is this too difficult? arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

How about keeping your super, extra, fascinating opinions to yourself because no-one´s interested? Sounds good to me. If you dont like a thread stay off it, REALLY simple - even for you....

El Viento
04-09-2011, 16:22
Just think Tenerife, it's soooo simple!

And can you see that "your" thread was moved so shut.............. up!

CIM
04-09-2011, 16:23
You still droning on about it? How dull are you? Go and play on the autopista or something....

LeFrunk
04-09-2011, 16:24
Im a Leeds fan and we where almost at the top but bought too many players that we couldnt afford and look what happened to us , bankrupt .

CIM
04-09-2011, 16:25
Im a Leeds fan and we where almost at the top but bought too many players that we couldnt afford and look what happened to us , bankrupt .
Same with Portsmouth. There´ll be more!

Angusjim
04-09-2011, 16:44

And can you see that "your" thread was moved so shut.............. up!

CIM thats you put in your place how can you ever show your face in public again you posted in the wrong section thats about as bad as it gets:cheeky::ashamed: Mods get him banned:whistle::ban:

CIM
04-09-2011, 16:47
Definitely - I should be infracted to death and then banned for life!
El Fartio should be promoted to super moderator with the power to terminate membership at will!

YOUNG GOLFER
04-09-2011, 16:53
Definitely - I should be infracted to death and then banned for life!
El Fartio should be promoted to super moderator with the power to terminate membership at will!

Did anyone see you make this bet?

CIM
04-09-2011, 17:02
Yes, I have a witness, although not a very reliable one :)

sleepy
04-09-2011, 17:07
Yes, I have a witness, although not a very reliable one :)

Hope it wasn't El Viento :laugh:

CIM
04-09-2011, 17:08
El Fartio would have been too busy moaning and complaining about nothing to have noticed - so yeah, good job!

delderek
04-09-2011, 17:24
If Kirsty is on your side, then you haven't got a problem. The Bloke wouldn't cross her, even Saddam Hussein would have backed down faced with Kirsty.:whistle:

warbey
04-09-2011, 18:38
If Kirsty is on your side, then you haven't got a problem. The Bloke wouldn't cross her, even Saddam Hussein would have backed down faced with Kirsty.:whistle:

I really hope the 50 euros wern't Kirsty's C.I.M.

You could be second on Her List.........omg..

Angusjim
10-09-2011, 10:31
So CIM has the bet been honoured :dontknow:

CIM
10-09-2011, 10:56
Not heard from him yet, but he knows where the office is, I´m sure he´ll be popping in some time soon :)

TheBloke
10-09-2011, 11:49
Congratulations on keeping himrolleyes2:....it must have been tough to turn down 40 mill from Chelsea!

Will pop in soon.

YOUNG GOLFER
10-09-2011, 11:56
Congratulations on keeping himrolleyes2:....it must have been tough to turn down 40 mill from Chelsea!

Will pop in soon.

Just pop it in anytime i will make sure it is passed on or 50% of it anyway:yum:

Angusjim
10-09-2011, 12:12
Just pop it in anytime i will make sure it is passed on or 50% of it anyway:yum:

Is that a typical percentage that you take for handling money:whistle:;)

YOUNG GOLFER
10-09-2011, 12:35
Hi mate should of put 5% not 50% slap wrist....want to see the Blokes face when he hands it over. Hope Kirsty is still talking to him lol.:twak::twak::scared::scared:

Angusjim
09-03-2015, 15:29
This very old thread popped up when I was looking at another thread did you ever get paid Andy:whistle::tiphat:

CIM
09-03-2015, 15:35
Nope, I did mention it a few months back when I bumped into him...!

Malteser Monkey
09-03-2015, 15:36
This very old thread popped up when I was looking at another thread did you ever get paid Andy:whistle::tiphat:

Why doesn't this surprise me:laugh:

Angusjim
09-03-2015, 15:52
Nope, I did mention it a few months back when I bumped into him...!

I assume you will be looking for interest :lol:

Ecky Thump
09-03-2015, 16:04
I assume you will be looking for interest :lol:

Of course that will be compound interest, depending on the rate, that €50 bet will be quite costly.:cry:

YOUNG GOLFER
10-03-2015, 00:02

Will pop in soon.
Rather sooner than later lol