PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on portable air conditioning units

balababe
04-09-2011, 19:22
I need to buy a portable air conditioning unit for a bedroom - I have patio doors and can't leave them open. I find the ceiling fan is inadequate and I am hot hot hot! Any advice would be very welcome.

Andy0210
04-09-2011, 22:31
How many do you want? I have two for sale, PM me if interested! :)

cressrt
05-09-2011, 10:36
The majority of the portable units have an extractor to vent the hot air, they usually have an adaptor for a window; you could make a larger adaptor to fit a sliding patio door but if you have French style opening doors it would be more difficult. The best option would be the new type of condensing air con unit that does not need venting, but would be more expensive. I have not looked into where these can be bought in Tenerife, but would expect they could be purchased.
Hope this helps.

balababe
05-09-2011, 11:59
The majority of the portable units have an extractor to vent the hot air, they usually have an adaptor for a window; you could make a larger adaptor to fit a sliding patio door but if you have French style opening doors it would be more difficult. The best option would be the new type of condensing air con unit that does not need venting, but would be more expensive. I have not looked into where these can be bought in Tenerife, but would expect they could be purchased.
Hope this helps.

Thank you very much - that helps a lot. I know nothing about air conditioners and did not realise the portable ones needed venting, although I suppose that was logical. I will definitely go for the condensing ones.

cressrt
05-09-2011, 13:23
Had a quick look at the Worten website and they sell one for €499, a PAC AN110 DELONGHI. The De'Longhi site says that this has the "Exlusive Condensate Recirculation System".