PDA

View Full Version : Relocation What's it like living in Tamaimo, Tenerife?

kingbaker
05-09-2011, 01:18
Hi are there any members who live in Tamaimo and if so can you tell me what this town is like as I've only passed thru
during the afternoon when everywhere was closed. Any info would be helpfull.:wave:

Thanks

KirstyJay
05-09-2011, 07:14
Don't live there, but I have a lot of friends that do, my OH is the English Assistant teacher at Tamaimo school and we often go to Bar Tenerife in Tamaimo with the kids.

It's lovely. About 15 mins drive from Los Gigantes. bar Tenerife has a lot of English clientele, as the woman that owns it is Danish, so she speaks German Danish English and Spanish. There is a kids play area in there too if you have little ones.

kingbaker
05-09-2011, 21:50
Thanks for your reply. I thought that it would be a mainly Canarian population but obviously not.
I've eaten in restaurant Guama a few times (fab views looking down the ravine from back window seat):tiphat::tiphat:

bonitatime
06-09-2011, 13:35
I have a friend who lives there and doesn't really like it but stays as it is cheap and convinient for work.

kingbaker
06-09-2011, 14:07
I have a friend who lives there and doesn't really like it but stays as it is cheap and convinient for work.

Hi Bonitatime Just wondering what does he not like about the place?
Thanks Paul

bonitatime
06-09-2011, 17:40
Diffiuclt to mix with the locals who they say are not very sociable and can be cold.

Goforgold
06-09-2011, 19:14
Diffiuclt to mix with the locals who they say are not very sociable and can be cold.

They sound a bit like me!! :)

KirstyJay
07-09-2011, 00:38
Diffiuclt to mix with the locals who they say are not very sociable and can be cold.Does your mate speak Spanish, as I've always found them fine. Admittedly, the OH does teach half their kids though ;)

julia44
07-09-2011, 06:54
I am surprised at this as I live in Chio the next village and everyone is very friendly here and I only speak a tiny bit of Spanish, you go into a bar or shop or just walking Oscar and everyone says hello.