PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Marias Restaurant and Lounge Bar, Golf del Sur, Tenerife

megsdad
06-06-2011, 16:03
I love this place, the position , overlooking the ocean, the ambience, set in el Nautico suites it screams opulence, the staff, Canarian and canīt do enough for you.
Went to the opning night last Friday, free champagne and canapes, must have been 150 people there, all saying how this was the sort of placethat they always frequent donīt you know, They must have all had other engagements because at 10 p.m. when the free food and drink stopped it emptied down to nine of us in 15 minutes!!! As soon as the till first went ker-ching it was like a suicide bomber had entered fully wired up. I swear the fur coat and no knickers brigade were positively climbing over each other rather than shell out for a snifter, Priceless!!!
Anyhow , went in again this Friday, bar looking great, clean and impeccably tidy, same attentive staff served us at our table, bottle of Viņa sol only 12€ served in an ice bucket and poured for us. Now wether that was because we were the only ones in there I donīt know, Then a few more joined coming from the restaurant and listening in all were singing its praises.
Sunday night took Meg , my daughter ,for our Sunday dinner. The restaurant is gorgeous, huge walls of glass affording views of the ocean, beautifully laid tables and the same wonderful service. The food was excellent, I started with a serrano ham bruscett, Meg with a parmesan and truffle salad, main for Meg was a chicken and mushroom tagliatelli, I went with a steak that melted in the mouth washed down with a bottle of rioja, mine all mine, and followed with a superb tiramisu that Meg and I shared.Mde to feel very special in a very special place.
So why will it fail? For the same reason it always has, it looks TOO good, no marketing, no foot traffic and eventually they, like all before them, will start to cut corners. If you want to experience something truly special go very soon before this happens. Buen provecho

Jelly Baby
06-06-2011, 16:24
What sort of price point for starters, mains and desserts?

megsdad
06-06-2011, 22:28
the above for me and Meg stood me 60€ including the bottle of very quaffable rioja, what would you shell out elsewhere?

will a
13-01-2012, 21:50
well it was packed last night every table full ,lots of dancers made for one of the best nights I have had the pleasure to be part off

tracy hampshire
13-01-2012, 22:26
glad to hear. it;s good to hear of good places doing well, instead of reverting to the microwave food most revert to , hope it prospers :)