PDA

View Full Version : Change of address - how to inform the police?

arain
05-09-2011, 13:42
Hello,
when we change our address within Tenerife, do we have to inform the Police?

If yes, what's the procedure - the whole Residencia application has to be filled and resubmitted ?
Thanks.

bonitatime
05-09-2011, 14:17
You need to inform the town hall and my understanding it you are supposed to inform the national police and the driving license people.

Goldenmaniac
05-09-2011, 14:35
Change your empadronamiento first at the town hall - they will want proof of the new address ie rental contract or escritura
Yes with the Extranjeria you should go through the whole procedure again on the Ex16 form you tick the second box in the row marked
Modificación Certificado Registro residente comunitario
You should also do a modelo 30 form for the tax office
You should also do a change of address form for your vehicle if appropriate and driving licence if you have a Spanish one or your UK one is inscripted (both of these at Trafico)
You should also advise the INSS social security if you make contributions
You should also tell your Spanish GP

Unfortunately none of these databases "talk" to each other

arain
08-09-2011, 12:46
Thanks for the info.
I spend 5 months/year here, so I sorted out a NIE, but I don't want to be treated as resident.
I'm not a tax resident here , so why would I inform the tax office?

Last question: Assuming that at some point in the future I decide to leave Tenerife, do I have to tell all those institutions that I will no longer be at the old address?

Goldenmaniac
08-09-2011, 15:01
Thanks for the info.
I spend 5 months/year here, so I sorted out a NIE, but I don't want to be treated as resident.
I'm not a tax resident here , so why would I inform the tax office?

Last question: Assuming that at some point in the future I decide to leave Tenerife, do I have to tell all those institutions that I will no longer be at the old address?
Because even Non-Fiscal-Residents may have to interact with the Hacienda if they have property here. One of the sections on the Modelo 30 form shows your fiscal address in the UK and there is a box to tick to confirm "Non Resident" status, so depending on your circumstances yes you would have to advise the Tax authorities as well.

Yes when leaving Tenerife for good you should advise all the authorities relevant to your circumstances, but definitely the Padron (town Hall) and the Extranjeria. Regards Trafico you would at that point presumably have sold your vehicle or be applying to export it to another EU member state, either way they will know that you have no further relationship with them.