PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Oil Rig training courses in Tenerife?

Bekki
05-09-2011, 17:07
Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible to do oil rig training anywhere at all in Tenerife. My partner is looking into going on the rigs but not sure whether he can do the courses here (underwater survival, compex etc) any information would be great. Thanks

9PLUS
05-09-2011, 17:24
I don't think there would be any oil rig courses running in Tenerife

Greg
05-09-2011, 20:10
nope. Aberdeen is the closest!

judetenerife
05-09-2011, 21:07
unless he is fluent in spanish dont even attempt in spain. there is a marine centre near newcastle, courses are pricey and the basic requirements for any european rig employer is MIST, BOSIET and you have to have an approved medical before you can take the courses. of course you have to be experienced in yr field of work and rig jobs are extremely hard to get. dont be sucked into the internet "advice sites" as they are a crock. most of the real jobs all say offshore experience required. most people get on via family/friend connections

ddoyle
05-09-2011, 21:46
unless he is fluent in spanish dont even attempt in spain. there is a marine centre near newcastle, courses are pricey and the basic requirements for any european rig employer is MIST, BOSIET and you have to have an approved medical before you can take the courses. of course you have to be experienced in yr field of work and rig jobs are extremely hard to get. dont be sucked into the internet "advice sites" as they are a crock. most of the real jobs all say offshore experience required. most people get on via family/friend connections
Agree my son did the course a few months ago it was expensive and no sign of work from it.

Bekki
05-09-2011, 23:00
His dad is working on the rigs and he's said there's a really good chance he'd get on just wondered whether he could do his courses out here but it's looking like he'll have to do them back in England.