PDA

View Full Version : Is there a knack to getting the plastic coin holders to fasten?

christa
05-09-2011, 18:37
Holiday time looming, got a stash of coins that get thrown into a pot so thought I would bag them up and change them at the bank for notes.

Now, in the UK this is a very simple task, ask bank teller for appropiate bags and fill with correct amount of coins/denomination.

Here, got plastic coin holders from bank, lined up columns of coins but cannot for the life of me get the bloomin' things to fasten!!! Arggggggggggh! :confused::confused:

Is there a knack to this, whose done it successfully? or like me, given in after much effin and blindin'? How can such a simple task get me so heated? (Ok, I know age just might have something to do with it). :spin::spin: :spin::spin:

Please, there must be someone out there who has been in the same situation, it can't... can't just be me!:ashamed:

Ecky Thump
05-09-2011, 18:56
Get a five year old in to help...it works for me in most things that are difficult.:D

christa
05-09-2011, 19:00
Get a five year old in to help...it works for me in most things that are difficult.:D

Hahaha.

A bit like policemen............. never one around when you need one!

Tinkabel
05-09-2011, 19:12
I always have the same problems, take out a couple of the coins and they fasten much easier, they never seem to weigh them here and so far i've never had a problem.

Ecky Thump
05-09-2011, 19:13
I always have the same problems, take out a couple of the coins and they fasten much easier, they never seem to weigh them here and so far i've never had a problem.

Ohhh...Thats being naughty!;)

sunspot
05-09-2011, 20:07
The only way i can get them to secure is pop a bit of clear tape around them,got so fed up with the dam things opening up

johnh1
12-10-2011, 23:29
Just give them to me!!

Jackie
13-10-2011, 07:28
I'm with Sunspot on this, even on the very rare occasion that I can get them to secure properly I still put some tape around them because chances are when they are in my bag they will open