PDA

View Full Version : How are you with Heights.?

COL NIL SATIS
05-09-2011, 21:28
Nearly fainted just watching this OMG :wow::wow::wow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c

The scary path .............GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrEeEy5s67Y

dokgolf
05-09-2011, 21:53
Couldn't pay me enough

lesbroz
05-09-2011, 22:38
Feeling a bit giddy now. Very scarey

YOUNG GOLFER
05-09-2011, 22:41
Put it this way i won't watch it.

COL NIL SATIS
05-09-2011, 23:42
Put it this way i won't watch it.

hahaha !!!!!!!!

MaxineC
05-09-2011, 23:57
If it involves heights, I ain't watching it either.... Heights make me :v3:

slodgedad
06-09-2011, 00:05
What amazes me is that that footpath was terrifying, but someone walked it with a video camera in his hand.

Brain dead or what?....:spin:

MaxineC
06-09-2011, 00:07
What amazes me is that that footpath was terrifying, but someone walked it with a video camera in his hand.

Brain dead or what?....:spin:

... Or What! :D

Medman
06-09-2011, 07:42
I have seen the tower one before and thought OMG, but that path is unbelievable. Even sitting at my desk I felt sick. It's what nightmares are made of. Did he have to walk back down it as well ? Mind you I'm no good with heights anyway; I can't even wear two pair of socks !! :D

Goforgold
06-09-2011, 08:48
And I thought I was going to die going up the Long Mynd - in a car!!!!

Ecky Thump
06-09-2011, 09:20
I used to be OK climbing ladders, but on the last occasion I came down a lot faster and sooner than expected!

After checking the concrete floor was not damaged, the wife then phoned for a ambulance.:D

dokgolf
06-09-2011, 09:33
The people in that film (path) are nuts. The concrete was crumbling away for God's sake!

TOTO 99
06-09-2011, 10:25
I think we should spare a thought for the people who had to build that path in the first place...:wow:

bonitatime
07-09-2011, 17:45
I have got worse over the years. There are roads in Gran Canaria I ovoide and I try beyond all reason not to take the road between Tamaimo and Chio

Goforgold
07-09-2011, 18:06
I have got worse over the years. There are roads in Gran Canaria I ovoide and I try beyond all reason not to take the road between Tamaimo and Chio

Have you been out on that 'from' Puerto Mogan? It may have been improved now as I haven't been back for 12 years - but it wasn't good! :)

warbey
07-09-2011, 20:44
When I took a lot of Photograph, I decided to take a Picture of a Large Railway Station from a unique angle.
I went up a Pylon used to light up the Shunting Yard. It was about 45 feet high.
It just came out of the Grou nd with no wires to steady it.
It took Me a long time to get the last 10 feet believe Me.

The Photographer on that Path was either very experienced or a Nutter..... Cant make My mind up..

I remember the Road into Mogan too.....Phew......

slodgedad
07-09-2011, 21:02
Have you been out on that 'from' Puerto Mogan? It may have been improved now as I haven't been back for 12 years - but it wasn't good! :)

I still dream about that road 20 odd years later.

We had hired a jeep for the day and nearly left the road, on an innocent looking bend, with nothing below but rocks hundreds of feet below.

Jackie
07-09-2011, 21:35
OK I managed to watch the one with the guy walking along the path but found myself leaning into the rock face while sitting in my chair lol. I am really really bad with heights and you may laugh but I can't even walk over the rusty bridge in Los Cristianos. I had to cross the motorway bridge near Gran Sur last week and thought I was going to die. I had to wait until there was no one in front of me so I could just walk at a fast pace looking straight ahead. The pavement is too narrow for me and you have to walk too near the railings. Even living up here if I have to go to San Miguel and we walk, we have to walk the back way through the potato fields because there are a couple of bends on the 'main' road with silly breeze blocks on the edge as a barrier and I just can't walk past them.

AL JAY
07-09-2011, 21:43
OK I managed to watch the one with the guy walking along the path but found myself leaning into the rock face while sitting in my chair lol. I am really really bad with heights and you may laugh but I can't even walk over the rusty bridge in Los Cristianos. I had to cross the motorway bridge near Gran Sur last week and thought I was going to die. I had to wait until there was no one in front of me so I could just walk at a fast pace looking straight ahead. The pavement is too narrow for me and you have to walk too near the railings. Even living up here if I have to go to San Miguel and we walk, we have to walk the back way through the potato fields because there are a couple of bends on the 'main' road with silly breeze blocks on the edge as a barrier and I just can't walk past them.

Thanks Jackie that just tickled me :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::D

Carol55
07-09-2011, 21:48
I used to be OK climbing ladders, but on the last occasion I came down a lot faster and sooner than expected!

After checking the concrete floor was not damaged, the wife then phoned for a ambulance.:D

I was worried that the blood might have stained the paving. WIMP!;)

Jackie
07-09-2011, 22:04
Thanks Jackie that just tickled me :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::D

Well thanks for the sympathy AL JAY :), I also tend to have that effect on my family when they see how scared I am. Another story was when we went to Masca one year while on holiday here....I was hanging onto the car door handle so tight it was like a white knuckle ride for me. My three kids who were a lot younger then were sitting in the back laughing at me and reminding me that if the car went over the edge the door handle was going with it. I was so tense for the whole journey up there and back that by the time we got back to complex I was a trembling wreck. I didn't even bother going up to the apartment...I headed straight for the bar ;)

LeFrunk
07-09-2011, 22:17
Sorry folks , im up very high near every day at work , repainting blocks of flats and high rise offices, so i think after 32yrs at the game im ok up there . The younger lads frighten me as they have No fear at all .