PDA

View Full Version : Other Shipping from the UK to Tenerife

weesongbird
05-09-2011, 22:28
What happens when the personal items you have shipped from the UK arrive in Santa Cruz?

EileenD
05-09-2011, 23:09
We just had one box shipped and when it arrived we got a call from the Customs people telling us how much tax we were due and when the box could be picked up from the port. We got a delivery firm to uplift it and deliver it to us in the south.

weesongbird
05-09-2011, 23:24
Thanks for the reply, I have some personal and household things arriving, have heard so many stories of customs making problems I wondered if there was anything I needed to be doing.

jewels
06-09-2011, 00:04
My friends have had to send a copy of the empadrioment and also a form they had to get from the hacienda called something like equites Id never heard of it before.Im sure someone will be along with the info you need soon.

A.P.&.S.S
06-09-2011, 08:57
Yip, I shiped a box over a months back, all was in hand by Dave at Rima Freight, they collected from my UK address and put it on the boat - 5days and it was in S/C and the collection agencey (imex I think) called me to say what was what. The delivered it for a nice cheap fee and I paid the tax etc direct to the driver. I also had to go to the Hacienda Office in Las Americas (opp the green hospital) to get an A4 sheet of bar codes (equites) then the job was done. My last box is being colllected from the UK today again by Rima Freight as now my family are all here at last.

weesongbird
06-09-2011, 10:35
My friends have had to send a copy of the empadrioment and also a form they had to get from the hacienda called something like equites Id never heard of it before.Im sure someone will be along with the info you need soon.

Thank you for this, I have all those documents and forwarded them on to the company working along with the UK company.

londonjimmy
06-09-2011, 13:22
Hi Mike

Hope your well mate. Our plans are changing and we probably are not going to drive now and fly instead which means shipping items over. So just wondered how much did it cost you all in for a box and how big a box are you talking? Also, how long did the shipping take?

Cheers
James

bonitatime
06-09-2011, 13:23
Those would be etiquetas, which are sticky labels provided by the tax office with your details.

londonjimmy
07-09-2011, 12:30
So I just got off email with Dave from Rima Freight and was stunned how good a quote I got for everything I need to be sent. His email is dparris@rimafreight.co.uk (01268 773936) and it's best to measure the H x D x W of what you want to send for him to quote you.

The items picked up from ours in London on the Tuesday, Shipped on the Thursday and arrive in S Cruz on the following Tuesday. Really Impressed.

I will probably get Imex in Tenerife to deal with the port and deliver but as Mike said above I think they will be pretty decent quotes too.

I'm extremely happy!

Cheers
James

weesongbird
21-09-2011, 21:16
Just an update on shipping my personal items from the UK.

The company here were contacted by the company I used in the UK, they then got in touch with me to tell me what documents I needed, I had everything except the etiquetas, after scanning and emailing these to them they dealt with customs clearance then delivered everything to my home, I had to pay a small fee for import tax, wouldn't hesitate to ship stuff again knowing now what the process is.

Thank you to all of you who took time to answer my message.

Does anyone know where I would be able to get my hands on push in bulbs?

ElaineTV
17-01-2012, 15:45
Hi everyone,

As we are moving to Tenerife in July I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of shipping companies from the UK.

I will be driving my car over with the kids and my hubby will be riding his motorbike but we will need to ship a container over with small items of furniture such as TV's, lap top etc as well as some personal belongings. I would be very grateful if we could have a company to contact for details - I've browsed the internet and there are so many all stating different things, so a recommendation would be good.

Also, any idea on cost? It will only be a small/medium size container as only taking the beds and various other items such as crockery, toys, clothes etc.

And finally, do we need to register our vehicles in Tenerife and if so how do we do this?

Many Thanks.
Elaine.

Simon-M
17-01-2012, 17:51
For cars, speak to user Ashro. He seems knowledgeable on this.

In The Sun
18-01-2012, 10:48
Hi everyone,

As we are moving to Tenerife in July I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of shipping companies from the UK.

I will be driving my car over with the kids and my hubby will be riding his motorbike but we will need to ship a container over with small items of furniture such as TV's, lap top etc as well as some personal belongings. I would be very grateful if we could have a company to contact for details - I've browsed the internet and there are so many all stating different things, so a recommendation would be good.

Also, any idea on cost? It will only be a small/medium size container as only taking the beds and various other items such as crockery, toys, clothes etc.

And finally, do we need to register our vehicles in Tenerife and if so how do we do this?

Many Thanks.
Elaine.

Hi We used GB Liners. They have offices all over the UK. They will come out and give you a free quote

GB Liners Ltd

Tel: 0161 929 8998
Fax: 0161 929 8765

bigbite
16-06-2013, 16:25
can anyone give me a rough idea of cost for cubic m, even if it is rough (from uk to tenerife )

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

have you got the number for imex ( will they do the paperwork )