PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum 6th & Ecky Thump's 65th Birthday parties at O'Jangles, Los Cristianos

Ecky Thump
06-09-2011, 14:15
Its my big "65" Birthday while I am on Holiday next month and I think it would be a great opportunity for us to have a forum get together.

Doreen has kindly invited us to let us meet at O'Jangles on Tuesday 4th October. I will be there from 3pm and on this occasion Carol (my long suffering wife) will open her purse and buy all comers a drink!
:cheers:

:balloon:The more that come the more fun.:balloon:

The Tenerife Forum also celebrates it's 6th birthday on 7th October, so this will be a joint celebration

Malteser Monkey
06-09-2011, 14:22
Oh Ecks - will be there in spirit hun ! and don't forget that's your money in Carol's purse :whistle::cheeky:;)

TenerifeFanatic
06-09-2011, 14:23
Its my big "65" Birthday while I am on Holiday next month and I think it would be a great opportunity for us to have a forum get together.

Doreen has kindly invited us to let us meet at O'Jangles on Tuesday 4th October. I will be there from 3pm and on this occasion Carol (my long suffering wife) will open her purse and buy all comers a drink!

:balloon:The more that come the more fun.:balloon:I will be with you in "spirit"!! Boo hoo!!!!:cry:

Ecky Thump
06-09-2011, 14:29
Oh Ecks - will be there in spirit hun ! and don't forget that's your money in Carol's purse :whistle::cheeky:;)

I will be with you in "spirit"!! Boo hoo!!!!:cry:

Sorry you can@t be there, but SPIRITS are more than welcome!:vodkamachine:

sunspot
06-09-2011, 14:40
Ecky we will be there for sure,my word 65 does that mean your going to grow up now and behave yourself........................:whistle:

Ecky Thump
06-09-2011, 14:43
Ecky we will be there for sure,my word 65 does that mean your going to grow up now and behave yourself........................:whistle:

Oh Chris, I am hurt to the quick, have you known me not to be well behaved?

NO......Don't answer that.:D

Ed3229
06-09-2011, 14:54
Just so happens im free and in Tenerife that day........Would be great to meet you and other forum members(and its my birthday on the 10th Oct).

longtallalice
06-09-2011, 15:40
Will try and make it work permitting would be nice to put faces to names

sunspot
06-09-2011, 15:41
To be honest you have always been a perfect Gentleman and a perfect barman but you forget your wife Carol and myself are good mates and her
side of the story is completely different from yours...........................

Carol55
06-09-2011, 15:46
To be honest you have always been a perfect Gentleman and a perfect barman but you forget your wife Carol and myself are good mates and her
side of the story is completely different from yours...........................

Thanks Chris, I don't think we should really tell him what stories we tell each other.:o

We will phone you after Stuart, Leslie and the boys have gone home to arrange a chat and a drink.

sunspot
06-09-2011, 15:51
Thanks Chris, I don't think we should really tell him what stories we tell each other.:o

We will phone you after Stuart, Leslie and the boys have gone home to arrange a chat and a drink.

No my lips are sealed Carol,will look forward to your call

YOUNG GOLFER
06-09-2011, 16:13
I will pop down and have a pint with you ecky mate look forward to it.... might be around 8pm though if that's ok.

Santiago
06-09-2011, 16:33
Would love to be there and raise a glass in your honour but have to stay here and earn enough to have a really good time when I do go. Many Happies for the 4th, though and enjoy every moment of the day.

marbro8
06-09-2011, 18:45
we don't land till the 7th mate but will come and meet up with you another night, are you staying in the same apartment on el mirador?

Davie Thistle
06-09-2011, 18:50

Doreen has kindly invited us to let us meet at O'Jangles on Tuesday 4th October.
I will be there from 3pm and on this occasion Carol (my long suffering wife) will open her purse and buy all comers a drink!

We,l try'n stay sober for that time E.T.!
see you there!
I'll be the one wif the Jags Top on!!:jumping:

Ecky Thump
06-09-2011, 18:54
we don't land till the 7th mate but will come and meet up with you another night, are you staying in the same apartment on el mirador?

It will be good to see you when you arrive, we are there until the 13th Oct. and yes, we are staying at our best friends apartment on the El Mirador complex.;)

warbey
06-09-2011, 18:58
I know that will be a good night Ecky. Wish I could be there too.
With the two C's looking after things cant fail.
Enjoy, You deserve it.!

marbro8
06-09-2011, 19:01
It will be good to see you when you arrive, we are there until the 13th Oct. and yes, we are staying at our best friends apartment on the El Mirador complex.;)yes mate will be good to see you and carol again i will pm you my mobile number because we are not staying on there this time, because there are 9 of us, we are staying on the compostela in a villa

AL JAY
06-09-2011, 19:01
Would love to be there myself, I just might surprise you Ecky!!! What date are you there till?

Ecky Thump
06-09-2011, 19:06
Would love to be there myself, I just might surprise you Ecky!!! What date are you there till?

We fly out on Sept.22nd and return home on the 13th Oct.
You and Carol can chat about Mays Lane, Barnet.;)

AL JAY
06-09-2011, 19:08
Im just on the phone to uncle Hamish and uncle Pepé to see whats available! :whistle::bootyshake::D

Sal
06-09-2011, 20:24
Wish we could be there - but we'll be in Fuerteventura, but with you in spirit!

Have a fantastic time Eric (like you need me to tell you!) x

Ecky Thump
06-09-2011, 20:52
Wish we could be there - but we'll be in Fuerteventura, but with you in spirit!

Have a fantastic time Eric (like you need me to tell you!) x

Sorry that you wont be able to join us Sal,:cry: but looking on the bright side, you will be having a great time in Fuerteventura and we will this time be able to get to bed before 3am!:D

KirstyJay
07-09-2011, 01:03
I *should* be in Greece from the 1st until the 9th of Oct, so can't make it, but it's the forum's 6th birthday on the 7th, so maybe you could celebrate that on our behalf too :)

kingbaker
07-09-2011, 01:19

I won't be there untill the 5th but I suppose you'll be still there Ha! Ha! :wave::wave:

Medman
07-09-2011, 01:40

I'll miss it by a couple of weeks, back home on the 23rd Sept. Huv a gid yin Ecky :cheers:

Ecky Thump
07-09-2011, 09:00
I *should* be in Greece from the 1st until the 9th of Oct, so can't make it, but it's the forum's 6th birthday on the 7th, so maybe you could celebrate that on our behalf too :)

That sounds good to me, maybe CIM could spread the word in his old role of TF Meet-up Organiser.:)

West mids tyke
07-09-2011, 11:31
wish i could be there with my gaffer lol but would have to sleep on the patio never mind will have a pint or 7 for you when we out there in november

CIM
07-09-2011, 16:55
Can this thread be made a sticky? It will be bumped and bumped over the next few weeks so should get plenty of attention. The other thing that may help would be one of those notices when people log into the forum and have to read a certain page before continuing browsing. Is it worth doing that for this thread?

slodgedad
07-09-2011, 20:08
Can this thread be made a sticky? It will be bumped and bumped over the next few weeks so should get plenty of attention. The other thing that may help would be one of those notices when people log into the forum and have to read a certain page before continuing browsing. Is it worth doing that for this thread?

Thread stuck....

Sal
07-09-2011, 20:20
Sorry that you wont be able to join us Sal,:cry: but looking on the bright side, you will be having a great time in Fuerteventura and we will this time be able to get to bed before 3am!:D

Are you sure about that bedtime? You know O'Jangles is the local of a certain young Irish lady! :crylaughing:

KirstyJay
09-09-2011, 23:41
That sounds good to me, maybe CIM could spread the word in his old role of TF Meet-up Organiser.:)CIM told me he didn't want to be meet up organiser anymore.

Does this mean you've changed your mind? ??? :devil: :D

I dunno about one of the 'force to read' notices, as that would only invite people that come online in the next few days, but we could send an email out to all members inviting them if you would like us to :)

Ecky Thump
09-09-2011, 23:50
CIM told me he didn't want to be meet up organiser anymore.

Does this mean you've changed your mind? ??? :devil: :D

Its not only a women's prerogative to have a change of mind.:D

While I am posting this, would it be a good idea to change the heading of this thread to somehow include the T/F anniversary.:idea:

CIM
09-09-2011, 23:51
I think an email would suffice so everyone knows where and when. Are you coming down?
Ad hoc meetings every couple of months seem to be working well. Date and time - turn up or dont. Nice and simple and its effective. The last one Ecky did was well attended and Iīm sure this one will be too.

Angusjim
10-09-2011, 10:46
Ecky do not give away too much booze we have world wide image to preserve:scotland: Have a great time hopefully we will meet up one day but we are not over now until Hogmanay:cheers:

Ecky Thump
10-09-2011, 10:52
Ecky do not give away too much booze we have world wide image to preserve:scotland: Have a great time hopefully we will meet up one day but we are not over now until Hogmanay:cheers:

The amount of the drink that I will buy will depend on my ability to negotiate a price that will meet my wallet!:D

I am sure one day you will be driving along the A78 and will pop in for a wee dram or two, but then you would not be able to continue with your journey....very large wee drams served here.

Angusjim
10-09-2011, 10:58
The amount of the drink that I will buy will depend on my ability to negotiate a price that will meet my wallet!:D

I am sure one day you will be driving along the A78 and will pop in for a wee dram or two, but then you would not be able to continue with your journey....very large wee drams served here.

Or next time you are on route to the Bervie Chipper up the A90 you can call in:tiphat:

KirstyJay
10-09-2011, 11:29
I have added a poll, in order to gauge attendance figures and I will send an email out now :)

Davie Thistle
10-09-2011, 15:14
.........we are ova on the 3rd, so I'll drag the boss her mam & dad along too.
don't know wot time tho'
but we will defo turn up!

West mids tyke
10-09-2011, 17:59
sorry cant make it we not out til 15th november, but good luck to all the parties and may many a hangover be there, proud to be part of the BEST Tenerife forum

Terrynsue
10-09-2011, 18:11
Sorry to say Sue and Terry are not over until 26 Oct but want to wish Ecky a happy birthday. Counting the days now and lookinf forward to sharing a pint or seven with the gang:jumping:

Goforgold
10-09-2011, 18:17
It will be good to see you when you arrive, we are there until the 13th Oct. and yes, we are staying at our best friends apartment on the El Mirador complex.;)

Is that the same one with the rainbow? ;)

Ecky Thump
10-09-2011, 18:35
Is that the same one with the rainbow? ;)

Its the one and the same.:)

Any one else reading this will not have a clue what you are on about.;)

Goforgold
10-09-2011, 19:04
Its the one and the same.:)

Any one else reading this will not have a clue what you are on about.;)

This one? :)http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/goforgold/Misc/DSCN3121.jpg

crazychris
14-09-2011, 17:44
would love to attend but still stuck in the UK till end of Oct :(

jim1joiner
14-09-2011, 17:45
bloody hell dont fly out till wednesday,anyway have a great bash

golazzo
14-09-2011, 17:47
What a bummer, just got back from Tenerife staying across the road from on jangles as well.

Have a great birthday, mind you, if it was me I'd have it at the Big Ben, much much cheaper

Tenerife Babe
14-09-2011, 17:50
I am gutted I don`t fly over until 14th October I would loved to have come and put names to faces etc.

Happy 65th Birthday Ecky Thump and Happy 6th Birthday to the forum.

:thanx: for the Invite.

CMEdinburgh
14-09-2011, 18:12
Damn

THAT is the day we fly back home!

michele
14-09-2011, 18:40
we would of loved to meet you all and hope you have a great time,and a fantastic 65th birthday...we will be over for xmas and a few more wks after so would love a get together then ....:wave:

Ecky Thump
14-09-2011, 18:53
What a bummer, just got back from Tenerife staying across the road from on jangles as well.

Have a great birthday, mind you, if it was me I'd have it at the Big Ben, much much cheaper.

When you reach the age of 65, you don't want to save money....Spend, Spend, Spend is my philosophy as you cant take it with you.;)

Apart from that, O' Jangles is much much better.:)

rotchie
14-09-2011, 20:11
Ecky
Have a wonderfull time, sorry we cannot make it, as we will not be out until late october now due to unforeseen circumstances
Kind regards
rotchie

MaxineC
14-09-2011, 20:41
As you've promised me several drinks, I shall be there.... :drunk: :D

KirstyJay
14-09-2011, 21:09
As you've promised me several drinks, I shall be there.... :drunk: :DYou ca n have my quota... as I'm really upset I can't be there :(

I expect you to take some good photos. ;)

cinnamon
14-09-2011, 21:12
count me in... :)

MaxineC
14-09-2011, 21:13
You ca n have my quota... as I'm really upset I can't be there :(

I expect you to take some good photos. ;)

Why can't you be there? How can there be a forum birthday bash without the admin there ???

Pffft!

rexxonna
14-09-2011, 21:19
Hi! I celebrate my birth day too on the 4th.of octomber:jumping:,but...sorry we won't be there at that time...we are from Romania and arrive to Tenerife on 8 oct.enjoy your party and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:wave:

Ecky Thump
14-09-2011, 22:02

And, what did you promise Meeeeeee!:D

MaxineC
14-09-2011, 22:36
And, what did you promise Meeeeeee!:D

The pleasure of my company.... and some great shoes for you to admire! :rofl:

Andy0210
14-09-2011, 22:44

Yeah right!!!!!!

You will be in the Hospital Costa Adeje or Green Clinic no doubt!

i would love to know which Dr or Drīs you fancy! ;)

But i hope you are there! :)

MaxineC
14-09-2011, 22:58
Yeah right!!!!!!

You will be in the Hospital Costa Adeje or Green Clinic no doubt!

i would love to know which Dr or Drīs you fancy! ;)

But i hope you are there! :)

Well thanks for that cheery thought.... Git!! :raspberry2:

I feel bad enough when I have to go there and all the staff know me, I'll be getting an invite to their staff do next... I'm praying it'll be sometime before I have another mini break in there... :(

Andy0210
14-09-2011, 23:13
Well thanks for that cheery thought.... Git!! :raspberry2:

I feel bad enough when I have to go there and all the staff know me, I'll be getting an invite to their staff do next... I'm praying it'll be sometime before I have another mini break in there... :(

Me too Max, i wish you all the best, i know what it is like when i was long term ill 10 years ago, you know more of what goes on in the wards than most of the staff!

Wouldnīt wish it on anyone! ;)

Not a lot coming to the meet so far it seems, its a shame, i would come but it coincides with my 40th Birthday which is on the same day as Eckys 65th but i have been told in no uncertain terms by my girlfriend not to make any plans for that week! :)

ramnit
15-09-2011, 08:38
Hi Ecky Thump,
Having been entertained by many of you since May on this forum without really getting involved the forum has
been very helpful when I have needed any information so it would be great to meet you all at Ecky's birthday bash at O'Jangles on the 4th, it is also my wife's birthday on the 4th so we are over from the 1st till the 14th of October to celebrate it with some nice weather hopefully and if I can persuade my wife to stop sun bathing early we will
see you at 3pm ish.
I have put a maybe on the poll
Thanks
ramnit

jo mac
15-09-2011, 09:32
Hi there, many thanks for the invite, both of us will definatley be there. as we are newbies to the forum, it will be great to meet everyone.
See you all soon
Jo & Eric x

williethetim
15-09-2011, 11:51
we arrive on 20th sept and depart on ...let me see...the 4th of oct ....drat...

triciaty
15-09-2011, 15:33
THANKYOU ECKY. We have not yet had the pleasure or meeting anybody from the Forum so will be extremely pleased to meet yourself and other members on your birthday. Look forward to seeing you.
Triciaty

KirstyJay
15-09-2011, 17:04
Why can't you be there? How can there be a forum birthday bash without the admin there ???

Pffft!Look at the date... I am in Greece. ;)

Ecky Thump
15-09-2011, 17:22
Look at the date... I am in Greece. ;)

If I can make the effort to fly from Jockland, then you can do the same from Greece.:D

NikkiB
15-09-2011, 20:31
I would love to be there but unfortunately not back til March..:( I'll have a drink in Kent instead and celebrate here :D

Added after 3 minutes:

I would love to be there but unfortunately not back til March..:( I'll have a drink in Kent instead and celebrate here :D
Happy burthday! Hope you have a fantastic time!

Added after 2 minutes:

Sorry..editing skills obviously not my strong point :spin:

And I cant spell....Happy birthday!:crazy:

SteveAndSophie
15-09-2011, 21:39
Few of us moved here this month so would love to come and meet you all :)

Santiago
15-09-2011, 21:45

Buying it? .....................

lewlew
15-09-2011, 22:06
As much as I'd love to join you for your party, I'll have to decline.

Not enough holidays left to take to get time off work. Have a great time!!!

LeFrunk
15-09-2011, 23:29
Sorry we wont be there , but some day we will meet up with yerself and some of the members of the forum . HAPPY BIRTHDAY ECKS . Bus pass on the way.

MaxineC
16-09-2011, 01:26

Grease is the word, is the word, it's the word. It's got groove, it's got meaning.... Damn, this medication is good!! :crazy: :D

ps: I don't know what day of the week it is, how the hell do you expect me to remember when you're away... :rolleyes:

Added after 4 minutes:

If I can make the effort to fly from Jockland, then you can do the same from Greece.:D

Look on the bright side Ecky, the glamour puss and most entertaining forum member (me, not Henry!) will be there... and without the lightweights there, there'll be more food and drink for us! :heyhey: :D

Ecky Thump
17-09-2011, 18:55
Sorry we wont be there , but some day we will meet up with yerself and some of the members of the forum . HAPPY BIRTHDAY ECKS . Bus pass on the way.

At 65, that is about the only perk that there is left!:whistle::D

pablo1
17-09-2011, 21:45
I may well be there, I have a window between 1st and 11th Oct when I can get over for a few days, so hopefully see you Ecky. :-)

Ecky Thump
18-09-2011, 20:38
I may well be there, I have a window between 1st and 11th Oct when I can get over for a few days, so hopefully see you Ecky. :-)

Lets hope you can make it, we owe you a couple of pints from the last we met in June.;)

tenerifedave
19-09-2011, 09:50
Will be in Tenerife from the 30th September with the better half. Look forward to meeting Ecky, Carol and other forum members.

Ecky Thump
19-09-2011, 21:33
Will be in Tenerife from the 30th September with the better half. Look forward to meeting Ecky, Carol and other forum members.

It will be great to meet both old and new faces, after Carol's promise to buy a drink for every one, she has been to the bank for a loan.;)

Santiago
19-09-2011, 21:39
It will be great to meet both old and new faces, after Carol's promise to buy a drink for every one, she has been to the bank for a loan.;)

Do they keep that much money on the island or will they have to send over to the mainland for supplies?

Carol55
19-09-2011, 21:59
Do they keep that much money on the island or will they have to send over to the mainland for supplies?

I have kept a stock of Pesetas especially for the night.:laugh:

Santiago
19-09-2011, 22:09
I have kept a stock of Pesetas especially for the night.:laugh:

I have several bags full of pesetas over here. Want me to send them over? :airplane:

Carol55
19-09-2011, 22:11
I have several bags full of pesetas over here. Want me to send them over?

No! Bring them over and make a personal appearance.

Santiago
19-09-2011, 22:15
No! Bring them over and make a personal appearance.

Would love to but I have a holiday business which doesn't close until the end of October so can't get away. I could give them to Sal to take to Fuerteventura and she could put them on the ferry - I'm sure someone would get them to you.

Ecky Thump
21-09-2011, 19:50
Well that's us all ready and packed, we are now off out for a bite to eat and then bed, ready for the alarm clock ringing at 3am!

We hope to see some of you at O'Jangles on the 4th October.:)

sunspot
21-09-2011, 20:53
Well that's us all ready and packed, we are now off out for a bite to eat and then bed, ready for the alarm clock ringing at 3am!

We hope to see some of you at O'Jangles on the 4th October.:)

We are looking forward to it Eric,enjoy your time with the family

lozzie1821
22-09-2011, 00:32
its my 24th bday on the 6th, I will try and pop in as im spending the 4th and 5th in the beauty salons in the day getting ready for my big night out :-) x

Andy0210
22-09-2011, 00:45
its my 24th bday on the 6th, I will try and pop in as im spending the 4th and 5th in the beauty salons in the day getting ready for my big night out :-) x

48 hours in a Beauty Salon to get ready for a 24th Birthday ???

Thats scary, are you booking in for a month for your 40th ??? ;)

lozzie1821
22-09-2011, 00:58
48 hours in a Beauty Salon to get ready for a 24th Birthday ???

Thats scary, are you booking in for a month for your 40th ??? ;)

ha ha the 4th is hair dyed and a spray tan... ma hair will take 4 hours in total.. with all the waiting round..
5th is gel nails & toes, eyebrow and lashes dyed, eyelash extentions....
4 different Wax treatments... thats nothing compared 2 my 18th and 21st!! god forbid when im 30 but lets not look that far ahead haha

michele
22-09-2011, 09:32
im 55 and if i win the lotto myself and best friend are off to america for 6 wks ..face lift well every thing lifted boob job and lipo suction....my other half laughed and said it would take 6 months to sort you 2 out ...lol

pablo1
22-09-2011, 16:47
ha ha the 4th is hair dyed and a spray tan... ma hair will take 4 hours in total.. with all the waiting round..
4 different Wax treatments... thats nothing compared 2 my 18th and 21st!! god forbid when im 30 but lets not look that far ahead haha

Reading that makes me thankful that I'm a bloke! Shower, s@@t and a shave and job done... :-)

Reading that makes me thankful that I'm a bloke! Shower, s@@t and a shave and job done... :-)

Malteser Monkey
22-09-2011, 16:51
typical bloke ! keeps on repeating himself:tongue::cheeky::D

Afternoon Pabs ! where you been hiding ?

pablo1
22-09-2011, 18:24
typical bloke ! keeps on repeating himself:tongue::cheeky::D

Afternoon Pabs ! where you been hiding ?

I have lozzie down as a blonde for some reason so thought i'd say it twice... Ha Ha!

Been a busy boy last few weeks, thankfully the wedding season is now coming to an end and my semi permanent smile can finally subside !!

Seems a lot nicer on here for some reason recently, can't quite put my finger on it... :-)

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 18:43
i will try and come. it depends on my hours at work that week.

sunspot
03-10-2011, 17:49
Looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow afternoon, should be a laugh as usual,try to come along to Ojangles,if you can

michele
04-10-2011, 13:07
:wave:happy birthday enjoy your day ....our grandson is 6 today now living in cyprus...so you will all have the sun ....best wishes from cold windy england ..:)

Santiago
04-10-2011, 13:25
Hope you all have a good afternoon - don't forget the photographs for those of us who can't attend! (I would particularly like one of Ecky being carried out at the end!)

:drunk2:

sunspot
05-10-2011, 00:57
Being that its 12.55am and im rat assed i will post a full report on the meetup tomorrow,all i will say now is fantastic turnout,great food,great service and a really great day,not forgetting the fab cake......................im off to bed,goodnight

YOUNG GOLFER
05-10-2011, 01:10
Missed a few members as i turned up around 7.30ish after work but still nice to catch up with a few folk...Maxine first time i met you and she seems cool, Kgbkaz nice to see you too(long time) and VW thanks for the Brandy...and Sunspot with her hubby just a few to mention missed all the food so had to go for a bite to eat elsewhere all in all the bar looked busy with both Forum members and folk on holiday.

Think Eric had great time on his birthday so all in all a nice little meet-up.

Vortex Wake
05-10-2011, 07:29
Yes nice meeting everyone too :)

Hope you had a great day Eric :)

Medman
05-10-2011, 10:42
Missed a few members as i turned up around 7.30ish after work but still nice to catch up with a few folk...Maxine first time i met you and she seems cool, Kgbkaz nice to see you too(long time) and VW thanks for the Brandy...and Sunspot with her hubby just a few to mention missed all the food so had to go for a bite to eat elsewhere all in all the bar looked busy with both Forum members and folk on holiday.

Think Eric had great time on his birthday so all in all a nice little meet-up.

Light weights, can't last 5 hours......name names!! ........ knew Maxine would last the pace .. :eyebrows::wine::heyhey:

sunspot
05-10-2011, 11:18
Feeling much better now,2 coffees and a couple of ciggies works wonders.
Yesterdays celebration meetup for the forums birthday and Eckys birthday was a great day and if i miss anyones name off i apologise Ecky and Carol55,Davethistle,Lesbroz,Dennis and wife,Maxine,CIM,Young golfer,sundownersvince,
Vortexwake,sean,imelga,Glostergirl,Anna,alfredo,pi xie ( who made the delicious cake) Jackie,Slodgedad,Doreen, Kgbkaz,Longtallalice and her hubby,TenerifeDave and his wife,Ramnit,Ashro,and John and myself,it was a great turnout and really good to meet all of them,Ecky enjoyed the day and i did too.......thanks Doreen and all the staff for making this another good meetup

MaxineC
05-10-2011, 15:37
It was a fab day, I too missed the food & cake (damn, I love Pixies cakes!!), and it was great to put some faces to names... I was gutted everybody knew exactly who I was when I walked in, I was going to pretend to be somebody else :D Ecky, thank you so much, you are a true sweetheart... Sunspot is a complete nutter, but had me in stitches! Young Golfer & CIM shall now be known as Tweedledee & Tweedledum :rofl: , but stars for hanging back and looking after me until Geoff arrived ;) Vortex, for getting the Kissing bit all wrong and I ended up snogging his ear!! :eek: kgb Karen, who can talk for Britain, and some... :D Anna & Alfredo, so good to see you again after such a long time. And finally meeting my wonderful scrabble buddy, Splodge... :kiss:

Lastly, to Doreen & all the staff for looking after us so well... though I'm still miffed you didn't save me any food & cake! :rofl:

Sorry if I've forgotten anybody, but sure Sunspot made up for it... I think she was taking a register :D

Thanks again, I had a great time.... Ecky & Carol, enjoy the rest of your holiday xxx

triciaty
05-10-2011, 17:07
We too thouroughly enjoyed being part of Ecky's birthday bash. But were luckier than yourself because we did have scrumptious food, a lovely birthday cake and champagne cocktail and a very warm welcome. We are new to the Forum and Tenerife and am staying in Peurto Santiago. Not quite got the hang of the threads yet.
If there is anyone living close by us perhaps we can meet up and have a chat about things. We are usually at the Oasis Swimming Pool in Los Gigantes around 10 o'clock on
Saturday mornings and follow this with a pint of beer at T Jays which is the little bar at the entrance of Los Gigantes Hotel ( 11.30ish). we really hope that someone will take
us up on our offer, Local or not. Tricia and Dennis. And again our thanks to Ecky and Mrs Ecky.

Medman
05-10-2011, 17:08
"I was gutted everybody knew exactly who I was when I walked in,"

It would be the spotty shoes ya dumpling ..:duh: :lol:
OR
Maybe they spotted your dumplings !!

Leam_Lin
05-10-2011, 18:52

OR

MM watch out, you're going to get a slap.......................

tenerifedave
05-10-2011, 19:16
Thanks to Ecky, Carol and all the Forum members at Ecky’s birthday bash for the warm welcome to me and the missus.

warbey
05-10-2011, 19:57
I hope the next Bash is sooner than 12 Months Ecky.!!:jumping::jumping:

Nice to hear of Anna and Kaz too.....

slodgedad
05-10-2011, 20:09

OR

I certainly spotted 'em...:agree:

MaxineC
05-10-2011, 20:39

OR

I wasn't wearing my spotty shoes... but I did have my dumplings on, can't take those off! :D

Sal
07-10-2011, 22:49
Good turn out for the double birthday! Wish we could have been there.

:drinking::drunk::trink2: :wine:

:drunk2:

AL JAY
08-10-2011, 00:17
So glad you all had a great time:party4::cheers::trink2:

Ecky Thump
16-10-2011, 10:14
Now we have returned to reality it is time to thank every one who came along to O'Jangles, also Doreen, Tom and the rest of the team that help make it a memorable day.:c2:

A couple of special thanks to my good friend Chris (Sunspot) who nearly stayed sober and Maxcine who I met for the first time, who is a lovely person and fun to be with.:)

Also thanks for the cards and best wishes from those who could not be there on the day.:thanx:

Ashro Autos
16-10-2011, 10:30
Glad you enjoyed your day,will catch up more on the good old days next time your over.Say hello to Jimmy and the rest of the rogues if you see them

Vortex Wake
16-10-2011, 10:33
Nice meet you too Ecky even if 'fitting' faces to forum names can difficult at times.
I sat next to Maxine for ages until.I realized who she was :) .
I was pleased Slodge did not spell check my ramblings :D

Ecky Thump
16-10-2011, 10:37
Glad you enjoyed your day,will catch up more on the good old days next time your over.Say hello to Jimmy and the rest of the rogues if you see them

It was good to meet you and it goes to show that how small a world it is, next time I am in Birmingham I will say a big hello to all the old crowd of reprobates that knew us both in business there and who surprisingly left us both with our Kneecaps intact! :wink:

Angusjim
16-10-2011, 11:29
Now we have returned to reality it is time to thank every one who came along to O'Jangles, also Doreen, Tom and the rest of the team that help make it a memorable day.:c2:

A couple of special thanks to my good friend Chris (Sunspot) who nearly stayed sober and Maxcine who I met for the first time, who is a lovely person and fun to be with.:)

Also thanks for the cards and best wishes from those who could not be there on the day.:thanx:

Ecky hope you have recovered from having to buy all that drink as a fellow Scotsman I feel your pain.:tiphat: Glad you had a great time take care

Jim

sunspot
16-10-2011, 13:48

I must admit it was a great day and i hope theres another one soon but my darling Eric,its almost impossible to stay sober when having such a good time...........:smack:
Thankyou so much Eric and your lovely wife Carol for the wonderfull night out at Pimms and for those extra special vodkas you pour as a nightcap,the best vodka/ cokes in Tenerife xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lesbroz
21-10-2011, 17:42
Hi everyone. Sorry it has been so long in posting. Still trying to sort out the internet. Just wanted to say it was lovely to see you all and put faces to names. Apologies to Sunspot - I am sorry I disappointed you by being female, but I hope my charm and wit (and modesty) made up for it.

Canīt wait for the next meet up. I am hoping that I will have the opportunity to have more of a chat.

In WITZEND at the moment making good use of their facilities until I get sorted (so thanks to Tenerife Teddy and Mrs TT.)

DJ Dangerous
03-10-2014, 14:38
So, the forum is NINE YEARS OLD on Tuesday next?!!!!!

Ecky Thump
03-10-2014, 15:24
So, the forum is NINE YEARS OLD on Tuesday next?!!!!!

Time flys by and you've just let everyone know how old I was yesterday.....even Malteser Monkey who I have been telling that I'm only forty three!:lol:

DJ Dangerous
03-10-2014, 15:26
Time flys by and you've just let everyone know how old I was yesterday.....even Malteser Monkey who I have been telling that I'm only forty three!:lol:

HAPPY FORTY THIRD BIRTHDAY, Ecky!!!!!!!

Malteser Monkey
03-10-2014, 15:30

Well when you told me that I just presumed to double it :laugh:

Ecky Thump
03-10-2014, 15:47

The saying goes..Your only as old as the women you feel, so I'll not be groping you on a dark night in Wales.:raspberry:

melm
03-10-2014, 16:56

Hope you had a lovely birthday ecky. will have a small refreshment later to drink to you good health:cheer::cheer:

martincrabb99
03-10-2014, 17:58
Hope you had a lovely birthday ecky. will have a small refreshment later to drink to you good health:cheer::cheer:

It's hard work but someone has to do it[emoji485][emoji485]

macdonald5
03-10-2014, 18:18
Yes us too Ecky, we will have to raise a wee toast .......Cheers :party4:

warbey
03-10-2014, 19:43

So will I Ecky.............hic.............cough............ .....

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yes us too Ecky, we will have to raise a wee toast .......Cheers :party4:

And another one......................................

It's hard work but someone has to do it[emoji485][emoji485]

Did Someone say lets have another....??

O.K. I'll have a Double..............................= Pished............................:confused::confu sed::confused::confused::shy::zzz::zzz:

Malteser Monkey
03-10-2014, 22:44
So will I Ecky.............hic.............cough............ .....

And another one......................................

Did Someone say lets have another....??

O.K. I'll have a Double..............................= Pished............................:confused::confu sed::confused::confused::shy::zzz::zzz:

I'll have what Warbs is on

Cheers Ecks where's the bike ?

marbro8
03-10-2014, 22:49
It's hard work but someone has to do it[emoji485][emoji485]i am a martyr to that bloke:laugh::drunk2:

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 07:53
The saying goes..Your only as old as the women you feel, so I'll not be groping you on a dark night in Wales.:raspberry:

So you feel 75:laugh:

Ecky Thump
04-10-2014, 10:37
So you feel 75:laugh:

I heard that Lucky gave MM his old Zimmer that he no longer uses, evidently he now has a carriage pulled by his ferrets to take him to the pub.;)

scotchmist
05-10-2014, 14:13
Hi Ecky belated birthday wishes someone from another forum told me you were 97 could you clarify your age please

I am trying to get ecky to reply to my last post regarding his age is it 65 or 97 thanks

Angusjim
12-10-2014, 08:22
Meant to ask did you get my card I put a wee gift voucher in there for a stay at a luxury suite at the the Star these are very difficult to obtain hope you enjoy:whistle:

Ecky Thump
12-10-2014, 09:46
Meant to ask did you get my card I put a wee gift voucher in there for a stay at a luxury suite at the the Star these are very difficult to obtain hope you enjoy:whistle:

Can you tell me (from your own experience) what entertainment the Star Hotel offers as I am quite concerned about the quality of its artists?

Angusjim
12-10-2014, 09:53
Can you tell me (from your own experience) what entertainment the Star Hotel offers as I am quite concerned about the quality of its artists?

Never been for a while but I believe there is a couple o auld wumen that do a dancing act that appears now and again but the reviews are not great I think arthritis has taken over but bless em god loves a trier:lol:

Ecky Thump
12-10-2014, 09:58
Hi Ecky belated birthday wishes someone from another forum told me you were 97 could you clarify your age please

I am trying to get ecky to reply to my last post regarding his age is it 65 or 97 thanks

Yes, I'm definitely within that age range as I am no longer 65 and have not quite reached 97!:lol: