PDA

View Full Version : HOME Needed! Another Pomeranian needs a home in Tenerife

caroletenerife
06-06-2011, 18:07
Another Pomeranian mix was brought into the Charity Shop today, his name is Smokey and it turns out he is Baileys brother (one of the litter found by the roadside). He is about 4 months old, 12 inches long and knee high to a grasshopper. He is a quiet little soul, but a bit upset at being left with strangers. I have him at home with me just now so if anyone has a place in their home and heart for this little chap, please contact me.

caroletenerife
07-06-2011, 17:33
Little Smokey has a nice new home, a Spanish family were looking for one just like him..result, if only they were all that easy:D

Pets@Home
07-06-2011, 18:26
Result ..............

Susief
07-06-2011, 18:28
Good result Carole, could be due to his cuteness! lol

YOUNG GOLFER
07-06-2011, 18:55
Well another happy ending...but i make that now 3 dogs left at the shop and 1 kitten.
Not really good news as i feel this shop will be like K9 LA and others...... just another place to dump your problems onto someone else.

Sad really....

reggie
07-06-2011, 18:59
Well another happy ending...but i make that now 3 dogs left at the shop and 1 kitten.
Not really good news as i feel this shop will be like K9 LA and others...... just another to place to dump your problems onto someone else.

Sad really....

Didnt think you would get involved in another dog thread, after all the trouble you caused before, :cowboy:

YOUNG GOLFER
07-06-2011, 19:14
Didnt think you would get involved in another dog thread, after all the trouble you caused before, :cowboy:

I don't cause trouble.....we at Las Carabelas are one big happy family...the ladies that work there are very nice in fact too nice.

If i worked at one of these shops i would put up a sign....

PLEASE DON'T DUMP YOUR PETS HERE OR WE WILL BE FORCED TO PUT IT DOWN.
And i would.

So it would be themselves who have put their pet to sleep by dumping it.

Also it might make people think about taking on a pet......if they can't look after it then no one else can.

The ladies do a good job and it's very hard for them to raise money as it is for the other dogs let alone take in someone else pet until a home is found.

Anyway well done on finding the lovely little chap a home he was a cute little dog.

caroletenerife
07-06-2011, 20:09
Not really good news as i feel this shop will be like K9 LA and others...... just another place to dump your problems onto someone else.

Sad really....

Its 4 dogs actually
1.pondeco pup found by dog walker. unsure what to do with it, she was on her way to work so she brought it to me
2. white scruffy dog covered in ticks, thrown from moving car. Customer stopped her car when she saw this and brought it to us...proper channels were used and police were called 6...yes SIX times, still waiting for them to turn up two months later.
3. Chocolate Lab, again found on road, again police called, again a no show, in fact they hung up on me....happy ending there, was taken to LiveArico, checked for chip and owner found
4. Little pom, girl found it in street when it was 6 weeks when its litter was dumped, she didnt plan to have dog but could not leave it in street, I would have rather taken his photo and got back to her with news of a home, but she chose to leave it at shop as she couldnt cope.
KITTEN. lady found it on the road crossing, she was on holiday, what are you going to do......the shop is sign posted, so she brought it to us, i found a family for the kitten.

I can understand why people get annoyed when people dump animals...so do I. However animal refuges here are not famous like the RSPCA, people do not automatically know what to do. Live Arico having the Charity Shops means the name and what we do are visible on the high street. The dogs that have been dumped will be DUMPED regardless, I am thankful that these people did come to us first and not left these poor animals to their fate. I also know that this will probably happen again. In fact when Deb came for Smokey today, i said ' i will keep the lead, i will probably need it soon'. haha I dont want dogs dumped at the shop, but i would rather that, than have them put in Basuras or thrown onto the street to fend for themselves....and we all know that happens way too often

Added after 6 minutes:

I don't cause trouble.....we at Las Carabelas are one big happy family...the ladies that work there are very nice in fact too nice.

And i would.

Also it might make people think about taking on a pet......if they can't look after it then no one else can.

The ladies do a good job and it's very hard for them to raise money as it is for the other dogs let alone take in someone else pet until a home is found.

Anyway well done on finding the lovely little chap a home he was a cute little dog.

:eek::eek::eek: Wash your mouth out Young Golfer haha, I would die before i would put a sign like that up. And stop telling peope im nice, thats a malicious rumour:D

reggie
07-06-2011, 20:23

And i would.

Keep your shirt on stu, :surrender:

astara
08-06-2011, 00:47
well done again girl - animals first - people after !!! xx

SuzyQ
08-06-2011, 00:51
Great post Ms F. xx