PDA

View Full Version : Re-upholstery of bench seat and 4 x chair covers

ramnit
07-09-2011, 08:29
Hi all,
Can anyone help please we have a apartment in Los Cristianos and could do with the 2 x
bench seating sponges and also the 4 x chair sponges, re-upholstering these are all loose.
We would like to try to match the orange and white stripe pattern of the sun blind.
Does anyone know of someone local or a local firm that could do this for us.
We are over in Tenerife from the 1st until the 14th of October and if possible would like to
arrange to have it done then.

Thanks
ramnit

seal420
07-09-2011, 09:50
I'd try Biombo or Textile Sur at Las Chafiras. I'm sure they will be able to help. Biombo will also deliver and even send their upholsterer to make sure sizes are correct

carpenter
07-09-2011, 12:49
Hi There
This is no problem, I used to upholster all my panels and seats when I worked for Sunseeker International. I did a similar job for someone over here whose outside seat bases had broken. I simply made 4 new bases, used the old foam but used new material to re cover and I charged €50.
Textile Sur wanted €50 for each seat base.......
Let me know if I can help

ramnit
07-09-2011, 13:31
Thankyou for your replies seal420 & carpenter,

Biombo seem like just what I need

Carpenter, these are all loose sponges that can be used any way up and so no woodwork is required but if you
could make and fit the covers for us can you let me know

Thanks
ramnit

carpenter
07-09-2011, 13:44
Thankyou for your replies seal420 & carpenter,

Biombo seem like just what I need

Carpenter, these are all loose sponges that can be used any way up and so no woodwork is required but if you
could make and fit the covers for us can you let me know

Thanks
ramnit

Sorry I was just explaining the job that I did so that you could see that my prices are good. The upholstery that I do involves stapling the material to the underside of the base so I don't think I can help you on this one if you want covers with zip or velcro.
It sounds like you need someone like Crispy Bacon on this forum who will be able to help you

ramnit
07-09-2011, 16:25
Thanks carpenter,
Crispy Bacon, do you know how I can get hold of him/her please.

When I need any Carpentry or building work doing I will call on you

Thanks
ramnit

ramnit
08-09-2011, 08:58
I have been on the website for Biombo and it just seems like a very up market store so maybe not what I need
I wonder if anyone else can advise my where to get my sponges recovered please as I want to try to get the job
done when I am over in October
Thanks
ramnit

OST
08-09-2011, 09:45
Biombo is pricey, there is a place in between Guargacho and Silencio opposite the BP petrol Station that are great, worth a visit.