PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum 'Off Topic' Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

rose456
16-07-2011, 11:21
I do not understand what this has to do with you i have explained myself more than once about my pets i wish for people to comment on my post regarding my pets not the jobs im interested in i do not see how this is your business.

willowlily
16-07-2011, 13:31
I do not understand what this has to do with you i have explained myself more than once about my pets i wish for people to comment on my post regarding my pets not the jobs im interested in i do not see how this is your business.

hi jessica i am afraid what you post on any forum becomes everybodies business and if the original poster read your last post they would see that you do not have the neccesary pr skills to work with sometimes difficult people successfully

rose456
16-07-2011, 15:48
LOL willowlily how do you know i do not have the pr skills you actually do not know what skills i have thank you very much .... rude people..... and no my posts does not become everybody business. I suggest you concentrate on your own stuff maybe....

Goforgold
16-07-2011, 15:58
Are you saying OL is difficult??? :)

onelegnofeet
16-07-2011, 16:31
and no my posts does not become everybody business.

I do keep trying to be helpful .................it becomes eveybodies buisness when you post something that is readable on the forum ,had you followed the instructions given to the OP to PM him none of the ensuing comments would have been made .Also remember when your posting you may well be saying something to the manager /one of the staff under their on line user name .Part of the job you will have to deal with difficult people ,and that the way you post if read by the manager wont show you in good light i'm afraid ..................i hope this helps

Are you saying OL is difficult??? :)

MOI??? i like to help you know that ..........but some dont see it that way ,but hey lol

sundownersvince
10-08-2011, 18:33
Where's that fishing smilie gone?........Two posts and the juicy bait has been cast.

mossy
10-08-2011, 18:50
Give him the benefit of the doubt,he might be legit

sundownersvince
10-08-2011, 19:07
Aha......another Essex boy like me...:wave:

mossy
10-08-2011, 19:29
Not for long:raspberry2:

howard thornton
11-08-2011, 15:03
Private Message sent. who to?.......

Zara
11-08-2011, 15:55
Private Message sent.

Swap - Shares in Jimbos bar for shares in Stuarts business :goodluck:

tonypub
11-08-2011, 23:44
plenty of trolls

Jimandsi
12-08-2011, 15:04
plenty of trolls

Yes, hopefully they'll be moved to off topic soon. ;)

sundownersvince
13-08-2011, 01:03
All very well but where's my mate Reggie and the Big cheese?

MaxineC
13-08-2011, 11:46

They've gone over to the dark side.... ;) :D

Jimandsi
13-08-2011, 12:33
and OneLeg :confused:

reggie
13-08-2011, 12:35
I'm still here Vince, The only way i can stay out of trouble, Is to stay out,
I look in when i have insomnia,

pablo1
13-08-2011, 15:07
Who cares if people decide to post elsewhere? They always come back when they realise they're not quite as important as they think... Or get banned! Bless'em. :-)

MaxineC
13-08-2011, 15:14
My reply was meant tongue in cheek... I don't care where people go, none of my business!

Jimandsi
13-08-2011, 20:01
To J.

not confusing you, you are confusing yourself....read Doreen's post...

Can you afford EL Duque Prices ???? confused..

No you are not allowed to pay rent.....it will be an illegal rental.....lol ....

Yes, I've read doreens post - now what ?

Can I afford del Duque prices ? - Of course I can, can you ?

Tell me - are you just trying to promote your "HEAD TO TOES SALON" ? Because if you are, I'm afraid you're not making a very good job of it. :crylaughing:

Cruise
13-08-2011, 20:14
Yes, I've read doreens post - now what ?

Can I afford del Duque prices ? - Of course I can, can you ?

Tell me - are you just trying to promote your "HEAD TO TOES SALON" ? Because if you are, I'm afraid you're not making a very good job of it. :crylaughing:

lol.....You are as sad as they come.....feel sorry for your bad attitude....http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/images/smilies/crylaughing.gif

Jimandsi
13-08-2011, 20:44
Thank you for your intelligent input.

Cruise
13-08-2011, 21:32
And what exactly has your post got to do with the subject of this thread ?

Hopefully it will be filed under off topic.

I know J should be filed under off topic...heard only rubbish from you.....and you don´t even pay rent.....yes because nobody will rent to u and you cannot afford AI.... or else tell us the villa name????? lol no name you cannot even afford a flight here....lol....sad , you have green eyes....

slodgedad
13-08-2011, 21:34
Calm down chaps.

Jimandsi
13-08-2011, 21:35
I know J should be filed under off topic...heard only rubbish from you.....and you don´t even pay rent.....yes because nobody will rent to u and you cannot afford AI.... or else tell us the villa name????? lol no name you cannot even afford a flight here....lol....sad , you have green eyes....

TROLL alert ! ! ! ! !

Harmonicaman
13-08-2011, 21:38
Calm down chaps.

Calm down ladies sing this song...Doodah!

Cruise
13-08-2011, 21:56
TROLL alert ! ! ! ! !

TALKING TO YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR..LOL...SAD MAN....hahahaha

Jimandsi
13-08-2011, 21:58

Oh yes - there's plenty of green eyes here, but I can confidently assure you that mine aren't.

Thanks again - goodnight :raspberry2:

cainaries
24-08-2011, 20:40
Just visit the sites mentioned and bookmark them then they are all there in case of emergencies. The site Sue mentioned has been a god send up here in the hills for the last couple of years when the signal has gone on the Sky due to storms/rain. I found it thanks to friends in Cyprus who have to suffer the same with Satellite TV when they have storms.

Also agree with Sue about Expat shield, it totally messed my computer up and a lot of people on myiplayer say the same thing. Always have a chat with people on there as well. I bumped into Alimarshall on there and in turn we bumped into Chifleta who we had never met or spoken to before but we have all met up and had a great time. We also bumped into Gloucestergirl, Timmylish and Astara on there. Have to say we probably spend more time chatting on there but it is also a great way of meeting people from all over the world who we have made friends with. I think at one time they were getting a bit worried as people from Tenerife seemed to be taking over lol, it was in the middle of storms though lol

Do you mean you met up literally, Jackie? In person and face to face ... over a glass of vino, for example. Or just that you were chatting over the internet? (And where would I be without that!)

Jackie
24-08-2011, 20:48
Do you mean you met up literally, Jackie? In person and face to face ... over a glass of vino, for example. Or just that you were chatting over the internet? (And where would I be without that!)

I had already met Ali for lunch a couple of times and we both had different usernames on the TV site but we kind of worked out who each other was when we got chatting lol. The people starting asking where everyone was from and Chifleta said Tenerife so Ali and I basically told her she was meeting up with us for a drink and it went on from there lol

cainaries
24-08-2011, 23:00
I had already met Ali for lunch a couple of times and we both had different usernames on the TV site but we kind of worked out who each other was when we got chatting lol. The people starting asking where everyone was from and Chifleta said Tenerife so Ali and I basically told her she was meeting up with us for a drink and it went on from there lol

Thanks for the explanation. I really must get over to Tenerife one day (it's not that far away after all) and meet up with some Forum members.

Malteser Monkey
24-08-2011, 23:07
Apologies! I think I've got it sorted for the moment but I will certainly keep all the info on this thread somewhere safe so we don't miss anything else.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Isn't this Forum wonderful?

Yes isn't it hun time for a baraquito

cainaries
24-08-2011, 23:10
Yes isn't it hun time for a baraquito
What an absolutely brilliant idea! Nothing to do with this thread but never mind. Am off to make one right now.

Malteser Monkey
24-08-2011, 23:18
sorry hun just looking for some friends - where is everyone ? off to the dungeoun

Added after 2 minutes:

sorry hun just looking for some friends - where is everyone ? off to the dungeoun........................

MaxineC
26-08-2011, 23:47
Bug bare?;)
Is that a deliberate typo, Maxine?

Hope you find the chiropractor and get some help for your headaches.

Yes it was.... :D

Unfortunately, it turns out my neck is fine... Hey hum :(

Pets@Home
25-10-2011, 23:11
Hi some of u may know that I quarantine dogs and then send them back to their owners in the UK and I try and do it cheaply by not charging much for the quarantine, doing everything else at cost, and doing flight shares, sometimes saving as much as 900 pounds per flight for the owners.

I have a very difficult situation. Someone came to me to send his dog home in January, on a flight share, on the new
service.

We went thru everything cage etc, then it turns out she cannot fly back to the uk, if she did she will be taken and put down.
My owner is distraught, he leaves on the 20th November, and has had the dog for 9 years from a little baby.

The dog in question is an AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER, and is a banned breed in the UK.
Does anyone here know the way forward for this owner, how he can get his dog a good home over here,
he does not really want it to go into a refuge, apparently she is a real sweetie ........
Any advice, help would be appreciated ........

Dear Luke and Shirley,

I’m sorry to tell you but you do have a problem. They will not let Luke’s dog into the UK, I imagine it would be seized upon arrival at the Animal Reception Centre. There is no guarantee it would get as far as court and Luke would certainly receive a criminal record, so it’s a no go.

Please see their reply and attached is a leaflet for your information.
Kind regards

Gill

Jet Set Pets Ltd

Tel 0208 5645584
Fax 0208 7113115

Inflight mobile 07912 078 994 (only for use if you are flying)

caroletenerife
30-10-2011, 18:53
Is jimandsi banned...when did that happen?????

CIM
30-10-2011, 19:12
Added after 4 minutes:

It would appear, by the times of his posting about a hour ago.eek2:

Probably been caught using multiple usernames again... Tut Tut!!! :redcard: :lol:

Ecky Thump
30-10-2011, 19:14
Probably been caught using multiple usernames again... Tut Tut!!! :redcard: :lol:

Should we start to believe in reincarnation?;)

CIM
30-10-2011, 19:39
I guess we should! He has already been reincarnated as Mike Hunt, Taxmans revenge, IgelEid... and probably quite a few others - Sad, sad, bitter little man. Lifetime ban - best thing for him and about time! Well done mods :cheers:

AL JAY
26-12-2011, 18:44
Do you have a vacancy for a wine taster? :whistle:

Ecky Thump
26-12-2011, 18:46
Do you have a vacancy for a wine taster? :whistle:

And a wine tasters apprentice?:jumping:

slodgedad
26-12-2011, 18:48
And a wine tasters apprentice?:jumping:
And a wine taster's apprentice's trainee...

Ecky Thump
26-12-2011, 19:44
And a wine taster's apprentice's trainee...

You maybe more suited to a position of senior quality controller.:idea:

kingbaker
28-12-2011, 17:23
My biggest regret was 30 years ago when I was 22. My boyfriend at the time asked me to marry him.............like an idiot I did:crylaughing:

Long time since you saw 52 eh!!:nono::nono::nono::eyebrows:

Added after 3 minutes:

Yes!!! Should have listened to my dad and married for money!!!! Only jokin' !!!! :D

Tut!!!!! Tut!!!! No wonder Santa didn't bring you anything--You're verrrry bold!!:nono::eyebrows:

Jackie
28-12-2011, 17:42
Long time since you saw 52 eh!!:nono::nono::nono::eyebrows:

What is this? pick on Jackie day :twak::poke::punchbag:

Actually it's longer until I see 53 than it is since I saw 52..............just:raspberry2:

Jackie
28-12-2011, 18:40
I regret not moving to Tenerife 4 years ago when we first bought our house over there , my 10 year old is so struggling at the moment , he'd have only been 6 and I think he would have been fine back then but hey ho my younger two are adapting well though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll settle soon enough Tracey it's early days yet

kingbaker
28-12-2011, 18:59
Lighting my first cigarette!:(

Yeah!!! Have to agree with you 100% Are you a non smoker now? Did you do any damage?:(

Added after 6 minutes:

What is this? pick on Jackie day :twak::poke::punchbag:

Actually it's longer until I see 53 than it is since I saw 52..............just:raspberry2:

Come on Jackie tell us how old are you really?:eyebrows:

Same question to you Go for old?:eyebrows:

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 19:24
Yeah!!! Have to agree with you 100% Are you a non smoker now? Did you do any damage?:(

Added after 6 minutes:

What is this obsession you have with age KB? ;) Surely it's all to do with how well you've worn and whether you've got any get up and go!!! :D

Jackie
28-12-2011, 19:25

Added after 6 minutes:

I've told you:duh:

What is this obsession you have with age KB? ;) Surely it's all to do with how well you've worn and whether you've got any get up and go!!! :D

Think he's hoping to find someone older than himself on the forum but at the moment he can't ;)

kingbaker
28-12-2011, 19:32
Blady Wonderfull.........one tell porkies and the other answers by askin' another question...........blady marvelous in'it. Either of you could be in politics (thats if any party would have you) HA!!HA!!:whistle::whistle:

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 19:36
Think he's hoping to find someone older than himself on the forum but at the moment he can't ;)

Took a moment but the penny has just dropped :laugh::laugh:

Blady Wonderfull.........one tell porkies and the other answers by askin' another question...........blady marvelous in'it. Either of you could be in politics (thats if any party would have you) HA!!HA!!:whistle::whistle:

Oh no!!! One typo and two grammar errors!!! :(

kingbaker
28-12-2011, 19:54

Blady marvelous

Still not answering properly. Must've been trained how not to answer Q's:whistle:

Jackie
28-12-2011, 19:55

Obviously getting excited by the older women:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 19:59
Obviously getting excited by the older women:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Well 80 is the new 50 !!! :D .... speaking for myself here - of course !!!

Jackie
28-12-2011, 20:12
Well 80 is the new 50 !!! :D .... speaking for myself here - of course !!!

GFG you are as old as the man you feel...that's why I always go for a younger model haha ;)

Ecky Thump
24-01-2012, 11:40
From the lifeguard hut on the beach head south east 250 yards, then turn left and continue walking until you come across the large dark coloured rock with nobly bits on the side, and then wait.

It will be a long wait, as I am not there until June, but, I am worth waiting for.:wow:

CIM
25-01-2012, 02:03
PM Forum member Young Golfer (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?u=89). He knows the scene very well.

YOUNG GOLFER
25-01-2012, 02:20
CIM is right i do now............. and if it was not for CIM i would never of known thanks mate:bootyshake::smack::kiss2::spit:

Ecky Thump
25-01-2012, 11:16
PM Forum member Young Golfer (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?u=89). He knows the scene very well.

CIM is right i do now............. and if it was not for CIM i would never of known thanks mate:bootyshake::smack::kiss2::spit:

My thanks must go to both of these fine upstanding young men for showing me the delights available in Tenerife and if it were not for the intervention of that horrible policeman who found us hiding amongst the rocks, then I am sure our liaison would have been more rewarding.:(

PS. I loved the liuttle swimming trunks that CIM wears, they have pictures of little puppy dogs on them.;)

Vortex Wake
25-01-2012, 11:32
Glad someone understands my humour:)
http://img.tapatalk.com/50074abc-dad8-e6b7.jpg

nodrog
28-01-2012, 12:21
do you no any guys phone nos would you like to meet up

YOUNG GOLFER
28-01-2012, 12:27
DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT YOU LOT........i know whats going through your minds i dont want my number put on here lol

CIM
28-01-2012, 12:44
Hahaha - you read my mind...

AL JAY
28-01-2012, 12:51
And mine :whistle:

Ecky Thump
28-01-2012, 16:21
Hahaha - you read my mind...

And mine :whistle:

I didn't think about it............I just did it!:p

Jackie
05-02-2012, 22:15
http://www.*************.com/

I really can't believe that after all this time we are still unable to link to Janets reports

caroletenerife
06-02-2012, 03:55
Yes there was Zara but Janets story was slightly different in the fact that it says the man actually threw himself into the sea after the police were called because he was walking through the streets naked threatening people. It also states that he had mental health issues. Janet's reports are never released before she knows that the facts are 100% correct. I just find it sad that we still can't put any links to them here.
Why cant we? I know if there is anything I need to know about local news she seems to know whats what.

Jackie
06-02-2012, 07:45
Why cant we? I know if there is anything I need to know about local news she seems to know whats what.

We haven't been able to since the 'split' how ever many years ago that was

Ecky Thump
06-02-2012, 08:48
We haven't been able to since the 'split' how ever many years ago that was

Maybe its time to let go of past issues, which appear at times to keep festering and to the most of us has no known reason.:dontknow:

caroletenerife
06-02-2012, 11:29
If its bad blood since the olden days, I think you are right Ecky. There are new owners now so what does it matter. Unless there is a news hound on here that up dates with news promptly, I dont see the problem in allowing a link to another site. We can easily do it with BBC or sky or even Tenerife newspapers, but they are hardly quick of the mark, that is if they even report it in the first place

Roadkingrider
20-02-2012, 11:05
try java bar on the funchal in los cristianos 7 nights entertainment
As recommended by the leading expert on EVERYTHING to do with Tenerife!! NOT

mr java
20-02-2012, 11:20
Clearly I must be an expert I not the one that tried to rip people off it seems obviously we have touched on a nerve as you seem to be following all my messages so like I said before don't hide behind a screen meet me to discuss these issues or are you just a and lets see how big you really are with your comments then, €125 for second hand coffee machine when you can buy new for less whoa the conman

muzzler
20-02-2012, 11:27
When I started the thread didn't think it would get this serious haha

mossy
20-02-2012, 12:28
Don't worry it's just a carry on but one of them is right :)

mr java
20-02-2012, 14:47
Apologies this other guy feels the need to follow me on everything I say, the ironc thing was I was interested in buying the item he had for sale until I researched it and found I could get cheaper in uk, and as we always have people coming out to us this would have been the better option, all I did was point this out to him and boy you would have thought the world was about to end, great salesman.

Oberon
04-03-2012, 16:23
My last post appears to have been removed.
Has it been moved to another thread?
Could someone please pm me to explain why.

Angusjim
04-03-2012, 16:26

You mentioned the unmentionable "A" name :whistle::spin:

delderek
04-03-2012, 17:23

The "A" person used to be a moderator on this forum (or the previous one), and then she moved to another forum, and ever since due to childish tantrums, any mention of the name on this forum will be punished.

Loaded
04-03-2012, 17:35
just repeat your post and put dots between her name like this: Janet A.n.s.c.o.m.b.e.

Oberon
04-03-2012, 17:40
Thanks folks, I stand informed. Quite new here.

just repeat your post and put dots between her name like this: Janet A.n.s.c.o.m.b.e.
No need, the question was if everybody was referring cryptically to that site.
I think that has been answered.

delderek
04-03-2012, 17:44

But it really is time for this forum to grow up, Forums can be informative, and to deny people on this one, access to a very well respected source of information, is at best naive, and at worst plain stupid.

Malteser Monkey
09-03-2012, 14:02
some can't live without it, and some clearly don't feel they really need it, it's fascinating how different we all are.

I feel this way more about me wine:D

Now that is a preconceived idea, that here in the West Coast of Scotland, that we don't get heat waves, we do and we also get hot air from the Gulf Stream and on some of our coast line you will find palm trees growing.

So yes we do have the need for air conditioning in our cars!

And occasionally our Ecks can be seen on the West Coast sporting a rather nice polker dot bikini:D

Ecky Thump
09-03-2012, 14:14
And occasionally our Ecks can be seen on the West Coast sporting a rather nice polker dot bikini:D

I told you that in confidence, any way due to our inclement weather here in Jockland, Mink bikinis are the order of the day.

Suej
09-03-2012, 14:16
I told you that in confidence, any way due to our inclement weather here in Jockland, Mink bikinis are the order of the day.

Oooh! Mink muffs! (for the hands!!!):raspberry2:

Malteser Monkey
09-03-2012, 14:18

spotted mink bikinis ?

Oooh! Mink muffs! (for the hands!!!):raspberry2:

OOOOOOOOeeeeerrrrr Missus I'm saying nowt !:crylaughing:

angeldrawers
09-03-2012, 17:44
Delderek . please God i never bump into you in a bar.You really DO MY HEAD IN !

delderek
09-03-2012, 19:36
Delderek . please God i never bump into you in a bar.You really DO MY HEAD IN !

WHY?:dontknow:

tonypub
09-03-2012, 19:44
Delderek . please God i never bump into you in a bar.You really DO MY HEAD IN !he will be in a corner surronded by gin n tonics;)

gsc
09-03-2012, 19:48
he will be in a corner surronded by gin n tonics;)Sounds good to me. :D

delderek
09-03-2012, 19:51
he will be in a corner surronded by gin n tonics;)

Especially if the bill comes to 50 euros, and you forget to put the zero on.:whistle:

timmylish
17-04-2012, 02:20
I didn,t Not had a bit of spam for years!

macdonald5
17-04-2012, 07:28
I didn,t Not had a bit of spam for years!

Can get it in tins in Asda, even a light version now for us watching the waistline!!

timmylish
17-04-2012, 13:00
Which Asda on Tenerife, please?

macdonald5
17-04-2012, 13:53
Which Asda on Tenerife, please?

Sorry timmy Scottish Asdas was where I clocked it
Can you not get some friends to take you a couple of cans when they go?

Zara
18-04-2012, 08:37
:crylaughing: I like it that macdonaldS is the first person to thank you clara, I wonder where they are :sorry:

dokgolf
18-04-2012, 09:45
very good!:D:D:D:D

9PLUS
18-04-2012, 10:40
I've got an Angle grinder it's not for sale

dokgolf
18-04-2012, 13:05
What condition is it in??

cainaries
18-04-2012, 15:40
And how much don't you want for it?

Vortex Wake
18-04-2012, 15:42
And how much don't you want for it?

First buy some angles ?

Angusjim
20-04-2012, 06:58
I'm not banging on about anything. The law says it is illegal to let residential accomodation to the tourist market. Those doing the "banging" are either those who have been caught out and fined, or those who have been illegally renting and lining owners pockets with pound notes on arrival, both of which are against the law in this country.

I can understand why the Government of this country wishes to maintain some control of what happens here - kinda makes sense to me. There is an argument that parts of the law could do with a review here and there making it easier, for example, to oust a letting agent when it is clear there are issues, but allowing a free for all is not the way forward.

Is there much between the Canarian Government looking for ways to collect money in then the UK Government looking to stop those with too much money offloading it into fake charities to avoid tax?

Not really, the beauty of being in charge is you can make the rules.

Why don't the Canarian govenrment charge VAT at same rate as the rest of Spain & cut out subsidised flights for people who can afford to pay the correct fare that would also raise a lot of money, but would cost them votes so will never happen.

Muppet
20-04-2012, 09:42
Why don't the Canarian govenrment charge VAT at same rate as the rest of Spain & cut out subsidised flights for people who can afford to pay the correct fare that would also raise a lot of money, but would cost them votes so will never happen.

This shows you know little about what makes the islands actually work. The VAT rate here is lower than some parts of Europe, agreed to by the EU in order to attract investment (known as the ZEC). That said, the Government here is currently reviewing the rates - which vary between 5% and 13% (depending on the item), and it is thought that IGIC rates will be rising on certain products any day now. If rates do rise as expected, tourists generally will be the first to complain as holidaying here would become even more expensive than it is now.

Travel concessions (which are also in place in Majorca, Ibiza and Menorca) are not paid for by the Canarian Government - they are part of the agreements in place between the Canaries and the mainland under the various treaty's which grant autonomy from the Mainland to the islands, in exactly the same way as all the autonomus regions of Spain operate. They are essentially paid for by the Spanish taxpayer as a whole, as are the airport landing fee subsidies. The grant from the mainland to all its regions has been reduced in the latest Spanish budget - including the removal / reduction of airport fees, which is why airfares for later this year have already risen, and will rise again.

It is nothing to do with votes, I am not aware of any major disagreement between the political parties on the 1995 letting law(s)

If Scotland were ever to gain full autonomy from the UK the necessary treaty's would be formed along similar lines.

Angusjim
22-04-2012, 11:58
This shows you know little about what makes the islands actually work. The VAT rate here is lower than some parts of Europe, agreed to by the EU in order to attract investment (known as the ZEC). That said, the Government here is currently reviewing the rates - which vary between 5% and 13% (depending on the item), and it is thought that IGIC rates will be rising on certain products any day now. If rates do rise as expected, tourists generally will be the first to complain as holidaying here would become even more expensive than it is now.

Travel concessions (which are also in place in Majorca, Ibiza and Menorca) are not paid for by the Canarian Government - they are part of the agreements in place between the Canaries and the mainland under the various treaty's which grant autonomy from the Mainland to the islands, in exactly the same way as all the autonomus regions of Spain operate. They are essentially paid for by the Spanish taxpayer as a whole, as are the airport landing fee subsidies. The grant from the mainland to all its regions has been reduced in the latest Spanish budget - including the removal / reduction of airport fees, which is why airfares for later this year have already risen, and will rise again.

It is nothing to do with votes, I am not aware of any major disagreement between the political parties on the 1995 letting law(s)

If Scotland were ever to gain full autonomy from the UK the necessary treaty's would be formed along similar lines.

In the very unlikely day the SNP get us home rule I will be over in Tenerife beside you within the month :eek:

Muppet
22-04-2012, 13:04
FACTS there is no VAT (IVA )in tenerife
FACTS the spanish goverment pay to HELP their people move around their country
the FACT that a lot of free loading people from northern europe take advantage of this is brought up a lot on the spanish forums
the local tac IGIC is like the old english purchase tax and is a different levels . the normal rule is if its only paid by tourists it normally higher ..standard rate is 5 percent
tenerife is in a EU REP but is a full member of the EU
FACT scotland has had home rule/autonomy since 1998
it is voting for INDEPENDENCE as the KINGDOM OF SCOTLAND and would be treated the same a canada or australia are aport from the fact that it would be the 28th country in the EU
THE UNITED KINGDOM WOULD CEASE TO EXIST as the act of union of 1707 would be scrapped
there would be the KINGDOM OF ENGLAND together with the KINGDOM OF NORTHERN IRELAND
as the act of union of 1808 would be scapped by default as NI is in union with great britain not england...
wales is legally part of england by right of conquest

Thank you THOR for your input - actually you are wrong.

FACT the rates of IGIC were changed yesterday - basic rate is now 7 percent and 5.5 cents extra duty on a litre of petrol, 10 cents on diesel

Added after 4 minutes:

Oh yes - the biggest Freeloaders on the travel concessions are the Spanish themselves, hence the new requirement to produce a Certificado de Empadronamiento to qualify. "Northern Europeans" as you put it, who live here, pay their rates and taxes as house owners are entitled, as Residents, to qualify for travel concessions

Muppet
22-04-2012, 13:33
FACT the cheap travel is paid by MADRID
do you pay tax on your income to MADRID or LONDON ??
´house´´ taxes dont go towards cheap travel but to pay for local services
FACT diesel has to go up more as EU want it to cost more then petrol for health reasons
FACT dont know how you can call spanish taxpayers who take up a legal offer to travel paid out of their own taxes ´´freeloaders´´ .i would call northern europeans who live here and use the cut price travel freeloaders and pay NOTHING towards it ´´freeloaders´´

didnt know the IGIC has gone up - :tongue:

I pay my income tax to the Hacienda
The primary reason for the requirement of the production of a Certificado de Empadronamiento is, in the words of both the Canarian and Spanish Governments, to reduce fraud in the system by Spanish who travel on Residencia's which can be up to 10 years old, obtained through family, friends, or when they used to live here.

A Certificado de Empadronamiento has a shelf life of only 3 months and can only be obtained through registration on the Padron, hence the new requirement.

Sorces from El Dia, Diario de Avisos, La Opinion and virtually every other Spanish newspaper you may care to mention.

Erm ..... FACT

As to your lack of knowledgs of the changes to IGIC rates - Pay attention then -

Were you not banned from the "Old" and "Other" place before??

Byeee xx

TOTO 99
22-04-2012, 14:50
sorry i am now at lunch if you want to talk further please wait till later ...

Lol...Have you come on as substitute for 9Plus? :laugh:

Muppet
22-04-2012, 14:55
Thor

You seem to forget that when you post on this board copies of what you post are emailed, even if you go in afterwards and delete what you originally wrote.

I don't take too kindly to the content of your original post which went.....

Here is the message that has just been posted:
oh i thought you were an english OAP not a spanish one .how many years did you work here in tenerife??

The primary reason for the requirement of the production of a Certificado de Empadronamiento .....

i knew this it dont change my point about who is the freeloaders not yourself as you are a spanish taxpayer like myself and do not have anything from england...

sorry not knowing about the igic change i was working.....

You are not funny, in fact I would suggest arrogant. You do not know my circumstances, nor will you, as I see no point in continuing any dialogue with you on this or any other subject whether or not you are eating your lunch.

I bid you a good afternoon

delderek
22-04-2012, 17:25
I think this guy comes across as very stroppy, but I presume English is not his first language, and this is common among foreigners, but I think his posts are probably mostly well intentioned.

cainaries
22-04-2012, 19:14
I think this guy comes across as very stroppy, but I presume English is not his first language, and this is common among foreigners, but I think his posts are probably mostly well intentioned.

The recent ones are not relevant to this thread though.

9PLUS
22-04-2012, 19:41
Lol...Have you come on as substitute for 9Plus? :laugh:

Blimey what could you mean Chochito 99 ?

tmfkahs
22-04-2012, 19:48
雏菊,雏菊,给我你的答案,这样做,
Coprolalia 我半疯狂对你的爱。
这不会是一个时尚的婚姻 -
我买不起一辆马车,
Georges Gilles
但是你看甜的座位上
建立两个自行车。
:thanx:

แต่ฉันสามารถมีเบาะหลังหรือด้านหน้าหนึ่งความรั กจาก Daisy

kathml
22-04-2012, 19:58
all the best then :goodluck::goodluck::agree::wave::hi::hello::cheer s:

arrogant [ˈærəgənt]
adj
having or showing an exaggerated opinion of one's own importance, merit, ability, etc.; conceited; overbearingly proud

sounds about right - i wondered why i never get asked to parties

ps it was chicken

Just about sums you up

kathml
22-04-2012, 20:39
Remember to spell it properly

BobMac
22-04-2012, 21:05
FACTS there is no VAT (IVA )in tenerife
FACTS the spanish goverment pay to HELP their people move around their country
the FACT that a lot of free loading people from northern europe take advantage of this is brought up a lot on the spanish forums
the local tac IGIC is like the old english purchase tax and is a different levels . the normal rule is if its only paid by tourists it normally higher ..standard rate is 5 percent
tenerife is in a EU REP but is a full member of the EU
FACT scotland has had home rule/autonomy since 1998
it is voting for INDEPENDENCE as the KINGDOM OF SCOTLAND and would be treated the same a canada or australia are aport from the fact that it would be the 28th country in the EU
THE UNITED KINGDOM WOULD CEASE TO EXIST as the act of union of 1707 would be scrapped
there would be the KINGDOM OF ENGLAND together with the KINGDOM OF NORTHERN IRELAND
as the act of union of 1808 would be scapped by default as NI is in union with great britain not england...
wales is legally part of england by right of conquest

Only if it applied to be a member - it couldn't become a member by default just because it was a part of the UK and therefore by default if it did join it would have to agree to join the euro

Leam_Lin
22-04-2012, 21:37
Whats all this got to do with 'THE TENERIFE ILLEGAL LETTINGS' thread.

cainaries
22-04-2012, 22:12
Perhaps he just wants the free advertising?

Leam_Lin
22-04-2012, 22:31
That says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

delderek
28-04-2012, 17:51
Has this guy got some sort of problem with the UK, seems to like to knock it on every level,,,jealous perhaps, and upset that everyone wants to get the BBC. Which is of course the best and most trusted broadcaster in the world.

Harmonicaman
28-04-2012, 17:58
Has this guy got some sort of problem with the UK, seems to like to knock it on every level,,,jealous perhaps, and upset that everyone wants to get the BBC. Which is of course the best and most trusted broadcaster in the world.

He's wasted on here Del, he should get a job with the Bank of England or ECB or something, shouldn't let all that knowledge go to waste...

kathml
28-04-2012, 18:27
the topic is ´´inflation in spain is DOWN ´´ happy to talk around that subject dont want to go off topic

Well as you obviously know nothing about the subject how would you know if you are on topic

By the way refering to your rant about Torquay in some previous post it looked very prosperous when i last saw it

Tom & Sharon
28-04-2012, 18:36
another post where you say nothing about the subject ...can you not try to put a bit ... i lived there for 20 years ... where do you live i would not go to your town in one afternoon and become an expert on the place ....

Are you sure,you're an expert on everything else!! :wink:

Keep it up!!!! :)

delderek
28-04-2012, 18:51
Definitely not an expert on prosperous Tenerife. Maybe on TV systems. Can't wait till December to see if he's right or wrong:confused:

Muppet
28-04-2012, 18:53
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Muppet
28-04-2012, 19:09
´´ inacurate sources such as Wiki. ´´ posted by Muppet

make your mind up either it one or the other - do you want me/you/others to quote wiki or not
your blowing hot /cold yes/no black/whiite ......:ashamed:

Irony clearly also not a strong point in the world of Thor either - along with manners and spelling

Megaloo
28-04-2012, 19:21
Inflation in Spain is DOWN
it is now 1.9%

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/spain/inflation-cpi

the uk rate rose to 3.5%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-1773812

this is the thread PLEASE STICK TO THE TOPIC

This is an extremely good way to get your monies worth from your advertising

Sorry gone off topic, but could not help it.

angus
30-04-2012, 17:38
I've seen a Lady Gaga over hear already. What about an Adele? I would think that might go down OK.

Pardon me, I have to take exception to that comment.
Adele does not go down on anyone. Where do you get your information from.

Simon-M
30-04-2012, 17:46
Pardon me, I have to take exception to that comment.
Adele does not go down on anyone. Where do you get your information from.

oooh Matron :)

kathml
30-04-2012, 17:52
Wow, getting close to half a million, that's huge considering it's the "official" figure.
Add another 20%+ for the real figure and you soon realise that it's no longer sustainable. something has to give.

I'd better stop there and leave it to the resident expert analysts of the forum.
Come on Satellite, where are you? :)

I'm sure he will come up with a logical explanation while blaming the UK and telling us how wonderful Spains economy is

angus
30-04-2012, 18:18
I'm sure he will come up with a logical explanation while blaming the UK and telling us how wonderful Spains economy is

Beer does that to people sometimes. :crylaughing:

Tdm
10-05-2012, 19:31
wheres he live :batman:

Look for a property with high walls, barbed wire fences, lots of CCTV, and Doberman guard dogs in the grounds. :)

tonypub
11-05-2012, 15:49
Looks good-we would have to visit a number of times-Do u know there are many/any artists on the island?-as this my field......
gazplenty artists in my pub with fosters at 2euro a pint:tongue:

TenerifePool
12-05-2012, 09:03
everyone uses water bottles for water heating here - so much cheaper and instant water

¿How does that work?
Always find new technologies interesting.

Muppet
12-05-2012, 11:32
Dear Mr Thor aka SATELLITE

Thanks for dropping in to ruin yet another discussion on this board.

I'm sure I am not alone in thinking that since you have the answers to absolutely every single question ever asked by any forum member this place would run so much more efficiantly without any of us even becoming involved, which is why I am bowing out of this, and every other thread for the time being at least - much to your satisfaction I am sure and you will be able, hopefully, to continue to post your pearls of stupidity without even needing to shout so loudly.

To comment on your most recent posts though before I leave.

im not being picky but you live in a tourist area

Yes you are - I do live in the South yes, but not in a tourist area - not all the south is touristic, like not all the north is "Spanish"

and i live in a spanish village,

Bully for you

everyone uses water bottles for water heating here - so much cheaper and instant water

It must be an absolute nightmare for you cutting all those holes in an 8 litre water bottle just to have a shower, you poor thing, doesn't sound a particularly efficient way to do things though, certainly not instant since presumaby you have to leave the bottles outside to warm up in the sun.

as for telecom - i am sorry but 6mb line and ADSL for €40 is good as sooo many peoople in england cant get 1mb ..

Absolute total complete rubbish. Only 4% of the UK have broadbands speeds of less than 8 Megs, not as you suggest "sooo many peoople in england cant get 1mb"

(source OFCOM 2010 http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/market-data-research/other/telecoms-research/broadband-speeds/speeds-nov-dec-2010/)

As for the costs for broadband/phone services in Tenerife, they are, as I said in my previous post, extortionate in comparison to the rest of Europe. Taking the UK as an example, a standard domestic package of calls, ADSL and line can be got from BT (who are not the cheapest supplier by far) from 10.75 (line inc free evening/weekend calls) plus (upto) 16 mb ADSL (40 GB cap) 18.00 a month. By my reckoning thats 28.75 british pounds for a service/cost Tenerife residents could only dream of obtaining from TeleCONica.

Cost for "Telecoms" in Tenerife is therefore, by definition, extortionate given cost and speed available generally.

Source: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25633

it just seem nothing like where i live ..60c for a cafe . chicken chips salad €3.50
its only 50c for the car wash

Not sure exactly what you are saying here, but there are plenty of non-tourist eating and drinking establishments in the south with "local" pricing which are priced similarly.

i find LIDLS massively cheaper then mercadona and have cut my food bill in half

food cost more then england its 1900 miles from london !!!!!

Well done for halving your shopping bills, very pleased for you. As the previous posts were explaining to Tenerifebot, food shopping can be as expensive or cheap as one chooses to make it he can now decide for himself. However, distance from the UK is totally and completely irrelevant for staples, and in any event Lidl is a German supermarket chain and the Spanish branches also carry a lot of product from Portugal.

Apologies to the Original Poster - I'm not convinced you will learn anything much useful from this thread - shame really.

SATELLITE, don't even bother to respond, you are now on my ignore list

AL JAY
12-05-2012, 14:37
water (H20) ,Butane gas (C4H10 ),Hominidae from planet terra3 (sol3789.34)

then....Washing is one way of cleaning, namely with water and often some kind of soap or detergent. Washing is an essential part of good hygiene and health.

i hope this helps you :goodluck:

Do you live in a cave?

Megaloo
12-05-2012, 14:51
:raspberry::confused::confused:

Added after 2 minutes:

:raspberry::confused::confused:

Sorry Sue meant for the man who lives in the cave.

julia44
13-05-2012, 07:05
boy 50C + thats hot:ashamed: -I have been in 46C in melbourne with fires=oh yes is there a fire threat at all?

The forest fires a few years ago came about 200m from the house very scary but my neighbour and I were evacuated to the coast.
Yesterday afternoon it went to 38 in the shade on the patio and its only May but I have a wood burner which I use roughly November to March crazy

julia44
13-05-2012, 07:22
Just had a look now (7.15am ) 27.1 degrees. I know to keep windows and doors shut and also the curtains, there is only a breeze. I am 800m up the mountain I did notice that everyone was walking their dogs early at about 6am today, also I make savings as the cats dont want to eat as much!

cainaries
13-05-2012, 20:18
work he wasn't thinking of getting a job here was he -- i thought hes a oap ----

Well, I guess he can answer for himself, Satellite, but he says they are teachers (post number 40) and somewhere else (I really can't face re-reading this whole thread) that they were planning 'semi-retirement'. Also, if they have mainly lived in, paid their national insurance in ... Australia ... can they transfer those rights to Spain?

lapalma
13-05-2012, 20:42
Everybody's circumstances and likes and dislikes are different, and those former U.K. residents who choose to move to Tenerife do so for their own reasons, but it does make a big difference if you still need to work when you get here, as apposed to moving here to enjoy a life of retirement in the Sun.
Prior to Emigrating in 2004 my wife and I both needed to work to pay all the bills, and had very little left over at the end of the month to spend on ourselves. Since moving to Tenerife we haven't needed to work, and have been able to live comfortably on (initially) just a single Occupational Pension. The exchange rate has fallen considerably since then, but we now have other sources of Income to offset this and supplement my Occupational Pension (all declared and legal I might add).
The bulk of our expenditure now goes on Food and Leisure, household bills accounting for a lot less than they used to in the U.K., but partly accounting for this is that we moved from a large 4-bedroomed house in Wales to a 1-bedroomed apartment on a Tourist Complex here, as that is all we now need, the majority of our time now being spent out of doors in the sunshine, not sat inside a house with the heating on most of the time to keep warm, watching the rain teaming down outside more often than not.
Like I said at the very beginning of this post, everyone is different, and needs to do their own sums to work out whether it is worthwhile tham moving here.
On a recent trip back to the U.K. (this Easter) I noticed just how expensive everything is there now, and I spent more in a week in Britain (visiting family in the North and the South) than I would in a month here in Tenerife.
Just my twopenny worth for what it's worth. :)

Your post says it all and you are very truthful with what it costs to live in the UK or Tenerife.All the best and enjoy Tenerife.

Tenerifebot
13-05-2012, 21:47
Everybody's circumstances and likes and dislikes are different, and those former U.K. residents who choose to move to Tenerife do so for their own reasons, but it does make a big difference if you still need to work when you get here, as apposed to moving here to enjoy a life of retirement in the Sun.
Prior to Emigrating in 2004 my wife and I both needed to work to pay all the bills, and had very little left over at the end of the month to spend on ourselves. Since moving to Tenerife we haven't needed to work, and have been able to live comfortably on (initially) just a single Occupational Pension. The exchange rate has fallen considerably since then, but we now have other sources of Income to offset this and supplement my Occupational Pension (all declared and legal I might add).
The bulk of our expenditure now goes on Food and Leisure, household bills accounting for a lot less than they used to in the U.K., but partly accounting for this is that we moved from a large 4-bedroomed house in Wales to a 1-bedroomed apartment on a Tourist Complex here, as that is all we now need, the majority of our time now being spent out of doors in the sunshine, not sat inside a house with the heating on most of the time to keep warm, watching the rain teaming down outside more often than not.
Like I said at the very beginning of this post, everyone is different, and needs to do their own sums to work out whether it is worthwhile tham moving here.
On a recent trip back to the U.K. (this Easter) I noticed just how expensive everything is there now, and I spent more in a week in Britain (visiting family in the North and the South) than I would in a month here in Tenerife.
Just my twopenny worth for what it's worth. :)
Spot on...great post, well done:wave:

Megaloo
14-05-2012, 18:44
:mad:

you were saying british would pay more where it is every

:mad::duh:

Muppet
15-05-2012, 23:36
Do you EVER read anything properly?????

Muppet
16-05-2012, 10:11
Wow amazing ..very good-OK walk 5 Km-thats quite distance!
With the shopping I would say there is x4 of us so that would be 80 euro depending-which is £64-If we had to get ashma sprays how much are they to buy? In UK free..

HERES my expenses in the UK per week:
1. gas & elec dual fuel fixed till Sep-Eon direct debit: £37.75
2. Boat license:£10.60
3. House insurance: £3.21
4. car insurance:£10.75 NOT "no claims" as we were away for over 2 years.
5. TV licence: £3.18
6. Broadband and phone virgin media £9.60
7. Council tax : £35.50
8. petrol : £21.76 ave- 140 miles a week
9. water : £9.25
10. Car disc: £1.78
11. shopping: £90 aprox. for 4
TOTAL: £232.24

So far cost of living per week(but this might change):
1. UK £232.24
2. australia: £214-this was with no car!add maybe and in melbourne- on Magnetic might be cheaper?
3. Tenerife: £143 (without health costs at this stage) Still calculating with other posts-this WILL change but so far is a clear winner...unless people can correct with expenses I have missed such as Health care for instance.
:jumping:

Can't help you with your potential costs here unless you break your 143 down.

As other posts....

Rent / Mortgage
Phone / ADSL
Insurances

If you choose to live in the hills like Thor, then you will need a car

Incidentally, and Thor please pay attention - the OP asked where in the islands would not need winter heating - that is why the south-west was mentioned.

And since you feel it necessary to correct my use of the English language, when you say from 900m to 1200 ,seep all the way .. do you mean you steep? and I presume I DONT THING SO do we assume you mean think.

And while we are at it, please explain "try a script for €10"

Megaloo
16-05-2012, 11:11
QUOTE=bumpet;177723]Can't help you with your potential costs here unless you break your 143 down.

143 what height??? what you talking about ???

Rent / Mortgage i dont have any
Phone / ADSL CHEAP - coz i is the king of cutz.....(ADSL+LINE ) €35 -FREE 9xx xxx xxx calls
FREE WEEKEND MOBILES (500 MINS PER MONTH) FREE WEEKDAY MOBILE (50MINS amonth)
Insurances

If you choose to live in the hills like Thor, then you will need a car
the OP asked where in the islands would not need winter heating - that is why the south-west ...
YES BUT IT VERY EXPENSIVE VERY SNOBBY AND A HOLE IN THE GROUND

why would you need a car .... bus stop 5 mins walk away buses every hour into puerto for 90c ...
you see some of us think of these things a 5 MINS walk to a BUS from a house in the country s better then a 30 min walk from outskirts of tourist town ....the fact the bus takes 30 mins to get to same place is not important ...
shop and bar two doors up for fresh bread bananas tomatoes and local wine . ... your the self confessed professser i never saidi could spell .....maybe sack the butler and get a driver to take your wolls woyce out to see the estate workers m´lord

And while we are at it, please explain "try a script for €10"

its slang for prescription -its what doctors and nurses call it -:nurse:
hospital - big building with sick people in it
car - metal box that moves
water - wet stuff from tap

any other ´words you not know

oh my god hes a CYBORG out to get me :spaceship:

ill be back

sorry ...that should be

one will return ...:lol:

Added after 4 minutes:

BUSES BUSES BUSES big green things that drive pass you ....

they are CHEAP VERY CHEAP and run on time

the fact i as a working man have two cars aint nothing to do with this thread ... unless he is going to buy my 220kph supercar then it def dont ...

sorry did you miss my ADSL post here it is again
Phone / ADSL CHEAP - coz i is the king of cutz.....(ADSL+LINE ) €35 -FREE 9xx xxx xxx calls
FREE WEEKEND MOBILES (500 MINS PER MONTH) FREE WEEKDAY MOBILE (50MINS amonth)

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Do you take the bus when you do your stall at the car boot then

Muppet
16-05-2012, 11:56
QUOTE=tuppet;177752 The first part of my post wasnt directed at you Thor, it was directed at the original poster - MAYBE WORK ON YOUR SYNTAX ....

the chances are the family would need a car, if nothing else to do the weekly/monthly shop in Lidl rather than struggle 1km up the hill on the guaga. IF HE CANT AFFORD A CAR THEN HE CANT AFFORD A CAR you dont need one here with the bus service ...

god dont you lot every get out of the house

this is basic living 101 i knew this stuff when i was 10

do what EVERYONE else doses in my village without a car MONTHLY TAXIS from SUPERMARKET
if you get with your neighbour then you can SHARE it door to door....€5

AND if you dont cross the motorway or leave the town its a lot cheaper ....

LOW CRIME NICE WEATHER KIDS CAN WALK

and what lady gaga got to do with it ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abk1jAONjw

TIME OUT im going sunbathing on the lawn in my 75m garden ...stop lafin stu :crylaughing:[/QUOTE]

While you are out there simmering and basking (how did that song go - mad dogs and English men go out in the midday sun), perhaps you could take time to read the instructions on how to use the forum software correctly, in particular how to include quotes properly.

Are your TV systems as badly formatted as your posts?

tonypub
29-06-2012, 15:38
This will not make sense to most on here and is aimed at one person. No one but the person will understand what this is but we hope they do use the forum and get in touch again.

This message is for the person who made a phone call to us this morning with very important information for us. Please call back ASAP. We know where the call came from but at the moment we rather not say to keep you anonymous. We need you help us with what you know. You know its the right thing to do. Please remember there is a reward for the correct information.ahha someones been grassing illegal holiday rentals up to touristico:wink2:

information
29-06-2012, 19:52
ahha someones been grassing illegal holiday rentals up to touristico:wink2:

no laughing matter when a business which has taken years to build is on the verge of being destroyed by one ********. As I said this person needs to contact us again and come forward. The reward is there and will be paid for the right information.

chifleta
29-06-2012, 21:05
ignore me, i'm just "curtain twitching" :wink2::whistle:

christa
29-06-2012, 23:38
Come on guys, less of the jokari. This guy is serious.

Jackie
29-06-2012, 23:49
Take it this is to do with Motorworld going up in flames along with customers cars???

YOUNG GOLFER
29-06-2012, 23:53
No idea what this thread is all about?

Andy0210
30-06-2012, 00:00
No idea what this thread is all about?

Look up...

CIM
30-06-2012, 00:05
Oh dear, I hadn't heard anything about MW. Is going up in flames an analogy??! I do hope so!

Andy0210
30-06-2012, 01:29
Oh dear, I hadn't heard anything about MW. Is going up in flames an analogy??! I do hope so!

No it burnt down in the week its in the canarian weekly

timmylish
30-06-2012, 02:21
A strange accident, to say the least. Real shame about a couple of the cars!

Jackie
30-06-2012, 08:36
A strange accident, to say the least. Real shame about a couple of the cars!

One of those 'couple of cars' was a friends..only went in for leaky rad and ended up in flames :(

CIM
30-06-2012, 10:48
I couldnt find anything about this in the Canarian Weekly - no reports online?
What happened? Whole garage burned down or a couple of cars? Accident or suspicious?

information
30-06-2012, 11:48
Please is it possible to remove all posts that have nothing to do with this matter. It will only cause confussion.

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2012, 22:09
I swear like a trouper on many an occassion, although lately i've decided if I can give up heavy drinking, give up ciggies and lose lots of weight, well I might as well try and stop my potty mouth too.... it's a slower process than weight loss LOL

Pollyee is that you a reformed character ? :laugh:

sorry chifi do you remember pol from the old Tenerife forum?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

" Confused? you will be.... see next weeks thrilling episode of Soap" cue theme music LOL

pps I don't think it's a rude word like a swear word... but like most offensive titles, it does has it's place and here is not it....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the memories off to find the video link

http://youtu.be/YVffO-mNLdE

yessssssssss

chifleta
25-07-2012, 22:29
Pollyee is that you a reformed character ? :laugh:

sorry chifi do you remember pol from the old Tenerife forum?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the memories off to find the video link

http://youtu.be/YVffO-mNLdE

yessssssssss

no, was never on the old forum.... i've not worked for a couple of years so have time for this sort of amusement :) the forum is annoyingly addictive, have I changed food for forum? NAHHH LOL ...

ohhhh the Soap music hahaha omg I feel ancient and i'm only 43

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2012, 22:31
no, was never on the old forum.... i've not worked for a couple of years so have time for this sort of amusement :) the forum is annoyingly addictive, have I changed food for forum? NAHHH LOL ...

ohhhh the Soap music hahaha omg I feel ancient and i'm only 43

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh me 45

chifleta
25-07-2012, 22:43
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh me 45

<<<<<< sniggers behind hand :neener: .... my dad said "when you hit 45 just imagine, you'll be nearer to 50 than 40" hahahaha

kingbaker
25-07-2012, 23:49
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh me 45

Yeah Monkey and Chifleta? You'se are really showing yer ages now¬¬ S'pose when I get to 65, I'l be lying 'bout me
fippin' age tooooo.:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::ti phat:

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2012, 09:38
<<<<<< sniggers behind hand :neener: .... my dad said "when you hit 45 just imagine, you'll be nearer to 50 than 40" hahahaha

you can buy one get one free you !

Yeah Monkey and Chifleta? You'se are really showing yer ages now¬¬ S'pose when I get to 65, I'l be lying 'bout me
fippin' age tooooo.:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::ti phat:

blimey is there anyone younger than 40 on this forum:wink:

sunseeker
26-07-2012, 09:57
blimey is there anyone younger than 40 on this forum:wink:i am. just. ;)

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2012, 10:08
i am. just. ;)

I'm censoring this reply :cheeky:

Sundowner
26-07-2012, 11:17
Here's a bit of music for you to chill too Carpenter.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5xB2m2id0q4

I was going to post the Pogues version until I realised it was uploaded to youtube by someone called
***** Connors...............And being very PC myself chose this instead.

Apollo
09-08-2012, 09:17
Thanks given here at mass on Sunday, in Los Cristianos. And use a capital "G" for God. Gracias.

Only if you use a capital "F" and capital "C" for Father Christmas.

Don't be so damn anal. Someone puts something thoughtful and meaningful up and you get on your soap box about the use of a capital letter......someone needs to get out more.

Oh, and loving the use of Spanglish.

seanocelt
09-08-2012, 11:54
Anal. With a capital "A" then. Thats you that is. And you missed the point.

warmwind
09-08-2012, 14:22
I have no wish to get into any arguments on this forum, but I have just written a post on my blog Tenerifedogs if you would like to read it click on link (http://tenerifedogs.blogspot.com.es/2012/08/cruelty-to-dogs.html)

Brian Lewis
09-08-2012, 17:27
Anal. With a capital "A" then. Thats you that is. And you missed the point.

Please enlighten us to the "missed point"

john b
17-08-2012, 20:11
Could you do better, Carpenter? Are you in the publishing business?

carpenter
17-08-2012, 21:30
Could you do better, Carpenter? Are you in the publishing business?

If I find something a joke then that's my prerogative. I never said I could do better if I thought I could then I would have said so.

You do not have to be in the publishing business to realise that a newspaper that continually fails to go to print isn't a very good one.
Wouldn't you agree John B?

john b
17-08-2012, 21:51
And if I query your credentials and bases for traducing something, that's my prerogagative.

carpenter
17-08-2012, 22:41
And if I query your credentials and bases for traducing something, that's my prerogagative.

Well at least I can spell so maybe I'm more qualified than you :D

john b
17-08-2012, 23:24
No, perhaps just better at the touch screen keyboard on an iPad.

carpenter
18-08-2012, 00:04
well seeing as all you have done is post objectionably to my posts I don't know what I can say next as one thing I am not is a mind reader.
Good life to you John and with the greatest respect please can you at least offer something constructive in your future posts.
I have better things to do with my time.

Sorry if my jokes have offended you, try lightening up a bit..... It's a big world out there

LUCKY
05-09-2012, 22:40
The free smilies HM posted can be found and plenty more on the links in my last post Santi! You can also just do as HM says and Google free smilies! I haven't got time now but will look tomorrow!:wave:

I found a ferret Lucky! no flat cap though!!!3719 i recognise that ferret he ate my flatcap:tiphat:

kingbaker
06-09-2012, 12:26
:crylaughing:
Brilliant !

Isn't there a Fereteria in Goya or summit :crylaughing::crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
06-09-2012, 13:16
:crylaughing:

Isn't there a Fereteria in Goya or summit :crylaughing::crylaughing:

Having a blonde moment ! don't get it !

Malteser Monkey
06-09-2012, 14:43
http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/animaux-insectes/chienchat/caressechat.gif

Please?

Sue J will like that one too

kingbaker
06-09-2012, 20:17
Having a blonde moment ! don't get it !

The radio advert!!!!!! A bit less of the blondist remarks thanks.:lol:

Malteser Monkey
06-09-2012, 21:57
The radio advert!!!!!! A bit less of the blondist remarks thanks.:lol:

what piggin ferretin' fereteria ad ?

kingbaker
06-09-2012, 22:49
what piggin ferretin' fereteria ad ?

I think it's on Coastfm. It used to be on Powerfm. I know it's past your :zzz: time :hello:

cainaries
07-09-2012, 00:24
I like these! We only have Hello Kitty! and the other one is for me and C.

Thanks so much, hun. What is that strange object on the bedside table?

Malteser Monkey
07-09-2012, 09:33
I think it's on Coastfm. It used to be on Powerfm. I know it's past your :zzz: time :hello:

Too right it is - you don't get these good looks through staying up late:laugh:

I'm a OasisFm Kinda girl !:cheeky:

Thanks so much, hun. What is that strange object on the bedside table?

Something you no longer require - an alarm clock:laugh:

cainaries
07-09-2012, 09:59
Too right it is - you don't get these good looks through staying up late:laugh:

I'm a OasisFm Kinda girl !:cheeky:

Something you no longer require - an alarm clock:laugh:

Well, you're right in a way. But a hungry cat demanding his breakfast is even more effective ... at least the alarm clock doesn't fly at my feet with teeth and claws. Now I need another cat smilie.

Malteser Monkey
07-09-2012, 10:10
Well, you're right in a way. But a hungry cat demanding his breakfast is even more effective ... at least the alarm clock doesn't fly at my feet with teeth and claws. Now I need another cat smilie.

SueJ's your girl - oh and good morning dear !

cainaries
07-09-2012, 10:18
SueJ's your girl - oh and good morning dear !

Good morning to you ... where's that coffee smilie?

:newspaper::coffee::coffee:

Malteser Monkey
07-09-2012, 10:27
Good morning to you ... where's that coffee smilie?

:newspaper::coffee::coffee:

no time for coffee, need a working smilie

(KB shut it now!):cheeky:

cainaries
07-09-2012, 10:37
no time for coffee, need a working smilie

(KB shut it now!):cheeky:

:sunburn::dogwalk::bellydancer::dishes:

One of these do?

I'm off to do a boring supermarket shop - no smilie for that either.

Malteser Monkey
07-09-2012, 10:43
:sunburn::dogwalk::bellydancer::dishes:

One of these do?

I'm off to do a boring supermarket shop - no smilie for that either.

If only it were one of those even the washing up one would mean I was at home

I'll come shopping with you

Malteser Monkey
07-09-2012, 11:52
I'm not sure! it doesn't look very friendly does it! :scared::laugh:

Good one !

Afternoon !

Suej
07-09-2012, 12:17
Morning All!:zzz:

cainaries
07-09-2012, 13:41
I'm not sure! it doesn't look very friendly does it! :scared::laugh:

Purrrrfect!

LUCKY
09-09-2012, 23:37
Thanks Kirsty! I think our smileys are sadly lacking!I think we could do with lots more! have a look here folks!!!

http://www.smiley-lol.com/us/

http://www.tiptopglobe.com Thank you so much for the help in finding smileys i went on tip top globe and got a lovely beautiful smiley , i am now in love with a young Filipino , i thought it was a wonderful smiley ,but apparently it was an advert,:tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
10-09-2012, 10:15
I found this one for you Lucky!:cheeky:

You clever wotsit !:c2:

LUCKY
10-09-2012, 11:27
You clever wotsit !:c2: What a clever girl:agree:

Malteser Monkey
10-09-2012, 11:31
What a clever girl:agree:

who would have thought it eh Lucky :D

Suej
10-09-2012, 11:33
who would have thought it eh Lucky :D

I have my uses!:devil2:

Suej
10-09-2012, 12:40
37533752:wave:

I'm sure one of the mods will add it to the smiiles menu!

LUCKY
10-09-2012, 12:58
I'm sure one of the mods will add it to the smiiles menu! They certainly will, i will make sure of that when i make a personal visit to the office on my visit to tenerife later this year, i also will let them present you with the biggest medal you ever will see .

Malteser Monkey
10-09-2012, 13:17
37553754 They certainly will, i will make sure of that when i make a personal visit to the office on my visit to tenerife later this year, i also will let them present you with the biggest medal you ever will see .

NOT a Tenerife forum badge ??!!!!!!:D

cainaries
10-09-2012, 14:20
I found this one for you Lucky!:cheeky:

Love the ferret, Suej. Of course, you know they purr? I quite fancy one as a housepet but OH has ruled that out .. firmly.

Suej
10-09-2012, 14:56
Love the ferret, Suej. Of course, you know they purr? I quite fancy one as a housepet but OH has ruled that out .. firmly.

I think they might smell a bit!:wow:

LUCKY
10-09-2012, 16:11
I think they might smell a bit!:wow: no thats just my flat cap3756

i will never take my cap off again ,not even when i am in the bath, on a friday3757

cainaries
10-09-2012, 16:25
no thats just my flat cap3756

i will never take my cap off again ,not even when i am in the bath, on a friday3757

That's quite some mustache, Lucky!

Suej, better order him up a few more caps if they smell as much as this one!

Malteser Monkey
10-09-2012, 16:27
That's quite some mustache, Lucky!

Suej, better order him up a few more caps if they smell as much as this one!

It's ok as santi washes everyday ! :D

Suej
10-09-2012, 17:15

Next time Lucky's in the bath you distract him wearing just your footy shirt and I'll whip the cap off to go in the wash!:laundry:

kingbaker
10-09-2012, 17:27
Next time Lucky's in the bath you distract him wearing just your footy shirt and I'll whip the cap off to go in the wash!:laundry:

Easy up there Suej, you don't want to fryken 'im:D

Suej
10-09-2012, 17:36
Easy up there Suej, you don't want to fryken 'im:D

Monkey will do that!!! she can chuck the ferret in the bath too!:scared::devil2:

cainaries
10-09-2012, 20:29
Monkey will do that!!! she can chuck the ferret in the bath too!:scared::devil2:

Exactly what OH was afraid of!

LUCKY
10-09-2012, 20:38
Exactly what OH was afraid of! 3771 mi ferrets int baff before missen

37723773 377337733773 SUEJ the ferret i got from you was pregnant and i would like to know whos the daddy, i am overun run wi ferrets now

Santiago
10-09-2012, 21:05

And three times on Saturdays and Sundays!!

:laundry: :washing: :laundry: :washingline: :laundry: :washingline:

Suej
10-09-2012, 22:19
And three times on Saturdays and Sundays!!

:laundry: :washing: :laundry: :washingline: :laundry: :washingline:

Too much information Santi!:wow: go sit on the naughty step right now!:lol:

3771 mi ferrets int baff before missen

37723773 377337733773 SUEJ the ferret i got from you was pregnant and i would like to know whos the daddy, i am overun run wi ferrets now

Awww! how lovely we've had babies!!! let them all snuggle up your trouser legs! Must keep 'em warm Lucky!:wink2:

LUCKY
10-09-2012, 22:31
3771 mi ferrets int baff before missen

i can see i wont be getting any sleep for weeks now, they are teething

Santiago
10-09-2012, 22:40
Too much information Santi!:wow: go sit on the naughty step right now!:lol:

Sorry Suej! How long do I have to stay there?

Suej
11-09-2012, 10:06
i can see i wont be getting any sleep for weeks now, they are teething

Listen! when you get things off the internet you takes ya chances! :cheeky:

kingbaker
14-09-2012, 22:41
i completely agree, i love driving in my high heels, only because i am 5ft 4":eyebrows:

You should sue the council for building the road toooo close to your a**;)

pablo1
14-09-2012, 23:33
Everybody should just smoke a bit of weed and then the world would be a happier place..

karinagal
14-09-2012, 23:51
Everybody should just smoke a bit of weed and then the world would be a happier place..

Pablo!! Missed you hon - where have you been! Welcome back kiddo!

The undisputed queen of de-nial

pablo1
15-09-2012, 00:20
Pablo!! Missed you hon - where have you been! Welcome back kiddo!

Why thank you, i've been a busy boy at work the last 12 months but I suppose the main reason i've not been on is due to the lack of people to fall out with - it seems we've managed to get rid of the majority of members ( in every sense of the word ) who were only on to cause grief so there's not been much reason to post.. :-)

karinagal
15-09-2012, 00:57
Why thank you, i've been a busy boy at work the last 12 months but I suppose the main reason i've not been on is due to the lack of people to fall out with - it seems we've managed to get rid of the majority of members ( in every sense of the word ) who were only on to cause grief so there's not been much reason to post.. :-)

Ah well you're back now, that's what counts! I'm sure we'll cross swords again soon! :D :p :D

ainsie
15-09-2012, 01:27
Never stopped you causing trouble , that is the lack of someone to argue with :)

Dashford
10-10-2012, 12:19
I'm struggling to put posts up on this site or to be honest use the site in general :S I'm looking to move to Tenerife in three weeks and am just looking for some advice :) pleeeeaaassee help :S

Leam_Lin
10-10-2012, 13:04
I'm struggling to put posts up on this site or to be honest use the site in general :S I'm looking to move to Tenerife in three weeks and am just looking for some advice :) pleeeeaaassee help :S

Widen your search, give your age, are you male or female have you dependants, are you looking for work, do you know roughly the area you would like to live in Tenerife, Thats just for a start. You will get some answers if you put on a bit about yourself.

Dashford
10-10-2012, 13:18
Widen your search, give your age, are you male or female have you dependants, are you looking for work, do you know roughly the area you would like to live in Tenerife, Thats just for a start. You will get some answers if you put on a bit about yourself.

Thankyou so much for your response :) I'm 31 looking to go anywhere south, my main industry is hospitality, I'm a chef with bar managing experience. I'm also lookin for cheap cheap cheap accomodation, I don't care if it's a tent in a garden haha thanks again for response you've given me some hope :)

Oh and I'm male with no dependants, just doing it on me tod :S

9PLUS
20-12-2012, 20:49
I like sex

xxx

warbey
20-12-2012, 20:53
I like sex

xxx

PFFffftttt..............:D:flatcap:

9PLUS
20-12-2012, 20:55
PFFffftttt..............:D:flatcap:

I saw that one coming

whoops

warbey
20-12-2012, 21:33
:bootyshake:
I saw that one coming

whoops

I dont believe in that kind of thing......................:D..:wow::wow::wow:

9PLUS
20-12-2012, 21:35
Before marriage?

warbey
20-12-2012, 21:36
Before marriage?

Fake.............. You can't prove You saw it coming, so, back to the Cafe. Wrong Keys..:devil2::devil2:..:flatcap:

9PLUS
20-12-2012, 21:59
But but but i heard you moan, you weren't getting your wallet out were you?

warbey
20-12-2012, 22:01
But but but i heard you moan, you weren't getting your wallet out were you?

There's always next time..!

Malteser Monkey
21-12-2012, 15:19
34, 24, 32 is that too personal:D

Before marriage?

before Fridays...............you saw that coming too....didn't you

Suej
21-12-2012, 18:10

Don't think that's too personal Monkey...if it were true! :lol:

warbey
21-12-2012, 20:45

Are You in Australia Hun.?

before Fridays...............you saw that coming too....didn't you

or did You.?

Malteser Monkey
26-12-2012, 10:53
Don't think that's too personal Monkey...if it were true! :lol:

it is now ! think I've lost half a stone in the last few days :D

Santiago
26-12-2012, 17:39
it is now ! think I've lost half a stone in the last few days :D

Get bigger stones, you won't lose them then!! :dontknow:

warbey
26-12-2012, 19:06
Get bigger stones, you won't lose them then!! :dontknow:

Make a good substitute for a Hot Water Bottle too.

essexeddie
03-01-2013, 18:59
Only tripe cheats snowmobile of candy cow in Trumpton of mill knocker dales

My Spanish is not getting any better.

primrose
03-01-2013, 19:33
Only tripe cheats snowmobile of candy cow in Trumpton of mill knocker dales

My Spanish is not getting any better.

Neither is your English.:duh:

essexeddie
03-01-2013, 20:06
Sense insanity no made as Hercules tea-bagged pink rinse funnel thwarp pin. Natch

primrose
03-01-2013, 20:12
Sense insanity no made as Hercules tea-bagged pink rinse funnel thwarp pin. Natch

Is this really what this forum is about?

essexeddie
03-01-2013, 20:15
Remember laughing:lol:

Ecky Thump
03-01-2013, 20:59
Remember laughing:lol:

There are penty of fun threads and jokes on the forum (also jokers!:p), but at least we try to keep some threads helpful and informative.:tiphat:

essexeddie
03-01-2013, 21:20
Oooooooooooooo :flatcap:

chifleta
03-01-2013, 22:48

i've got a feeling you're writing in the wrong thread....................