PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum 'Off Topic' Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 10:29
I know there's nothing to put in her yet, but preparation is the key..:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Harmonicaman
31-05-2011, 17:50
this two forum situation got me so confused, am i going up the stairs or down the stairs? am i getting in the shower or getting out of the shower?
If you're dry you're going in...if you're wet, you're coming out...:)

CIM
31-05-2011, 17:58
this two forum situation got me so confused, am i going up the stairs or down the stairs? am i getting in the shower or getting out of the shower?

Just try not to **** in the shower!

reggie
31-05-2011, 22:19
Never mind changing thread titles, Just started a thread about 60's, and my first post has disappeared.
Are the gremlins at work again lol?? :eyebrows::doh:

Wasnt van morrison was it

caroll72
31-05-2011, 22:22
Wasnt van morrison was it

Who?? :whistle:

with cheese
01-06-2011, 22:42
You can get a Headbutt at Veronicas.

reggie
01-06-2011, 22:43
Rob a wheely bin,

with cheese
01-06-2011, 22:45
Rob a wheely bin,

What nick all the contents?

reggie
02-06-2011, 11:40
you can probably get one at Leroy Merlin next to IKEA in the north of the island, possibly even las Chafiras

See my post has vanished, Is it cos i is me ?

Leam_Lin
02-06-2011, 12:28
Ryans bar is in Pueblo Canario PDLA on the road that leads up to the Bouganville hotel, its looks like a really nice bar, 2 mins past the Ibrox bar!!!

Sorry Al Jay, is he not a Liverpool supporter...........

AL JAY
02-06-2011, 12:38
Sorry Al Jay, is he not a Liverpool supporter...........

Im not sure Lin,i noticed it last week as i was on my way up to the Star bar and i would have called in for a drink but i was on my way to meet someone,It looks really clean with its White and chrome facade.

Leam_Lin
02-06-2011, 12:44
Im not sure Lin,i noticed it last week as i was on my way up to the Star bar and i would have called in for a drink but i was on my way to meet someone,It looks really clean with its White and chrome facade.

Definately a Liverpool supporter, he has a Gerard footy shirt on most days.

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 17:53
You can buy water at hiperdinos ...."BUTT" it might be cheaper at Mercadonnas

SORRY!

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 19:05
1) have a little patience ;) :)

TAKE THAT.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................:hit:

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 19:08
the old buggas dont like change:whistle:

Depends ,what colour it is:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Pooch and Mutt
02-06-2011, 20:30
Churros ... easier to buy, but not as tasty :hungry:

Traditional breakfast dish served with melted chocolate and coffee.

Ingredients
1 1/3 Cups of flour
1 Cup of water
1/4 tsp. salt
1 large egg
vegetable oil for frying
sugar

Directions
In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil with the salt - and gradually pour it into a bowl containing the flour.
Stir with a wooden spoon to make a smooth dough.
Beat in the egg - and keep stirring until smooth.
Put the dough into a pastry bag - or a large plastic freezer bag, with a corner snipped off.
Add vegetable oil to a skillet and pipe the dough in the hot oil in the shape of a spiral - take care not to overheat the oil.
Fry until a golden brown.
Lift out the spiral with a fork, and drain on paper towels.
Cut into desired lengths, and sprinkle with sugar.

mike , i am on the verge of divorce through no fault of my own and i am looking for a like minded partner to replace the "old one", you definitely sound like the type of guy i could spend the rest of my life with.
do you wear boxer shorts or speedo types?
xxx

Susief
02-06-2011, 20:55
mike , i am on the verge of divorce through no fault of my own and i am looking for a like minded partner to replace the "old one", you definitely sound like the type of guy i could spend the rest of my life with.
do you wear boxer shorts or speedo types?
xxx

Lol that made me chuckle! mike is a one man's man!
Trying not to think of you Mike in speedos (or budgie smugglers) lol

reggie
02-06-2011, 22:03
OH dear, i heard it had been shut down, you havnt payed yet have you ?

slodgedad
02-06-2011, 22:05
OH dear, i heard it had been shut down, you havnt payed yet have you ?

Is this another wind up, Reg?

GKS
02-06-2011, 22:32
Who is Zarion? Can you let me have his address and phone number please?

sundownersvince
02-06-2011, 22:44
We've got a water dispensing machine by the swimming pool, only 10c a litre, BUTT you have to bring your own bottle.

reggie
02-06-2011, 22:52
Business opening there for somebody, Butts are us . com, green, brown, black, top entry, side entry, Tap, no tap, lid, no lid, blimey just think, Just need a name now, Butt erflies, uterly butt erly, quick, get a paten on it,

reggie
02-06-2011, 22:57
If your dead, what do's it matter ?

Vortex Wake
02-06-2011, 23:01
If your dead, what do's it matter ?

You can afford a bigger coffin .

sundownersvince
02-06-2011, 23:01
The biggest ones called What-a-butt.

with cheese
03-06-2011, 14:00
I had a beautiful jasmine that covered the entire wall then almost overnight it turned brown and died - I told OH to cut it back and leave in the hope new shoots would appear but men being men he dug it out - think he is planning on replacing with one of these :whistle:

http://www.inloughborough.com/newsimages//2008/04/images/cannabis-plant.jpg
Did you find OH going out the garden regulary after a couple of beers. lol

with cheese
03-06-2011, 14:02
Kirsty's School.

reggie
03-06-2011, 14:12
Miss Miss he's taking the p--s, :stupid:

onelegnofeet
03-06-2011, 14:16
did you find oh going out the garden regulary after a couple of beers. Lol

roll up! Roll up .!!!!!!........................................... ..:banana::banana::banana:

tracey_in_tenerife
03-06-2011, 14:16
Are you two bored?? , go start your own thread !!!:cheers:

onelegnofeet
03-06-2011, 14:26
Kirsty's School.

Miss Miss he's taking the p--s, :stupid:

"You boys ,Headmistress's Study now !!!TUT TUT

reggie
03-06-2011, 15:14
"You boys ,Headmistress's Study now !!!TUT TUT

Please may i have the cane on buttocks please, also could you wear your mortar board, Thank you

with cheese
03-06-2011, 15:38
Does she do Bricklaying too

reggie
03-06-2011, 15:51
Does she do Bricklaying too

Wait until SHE gets out of school, your for it, crickey weve been rumbled,

with cheese
03-06-2011, 16:02
Opps see dungeon...................

onelegnofeet
03-06-2011, 19:44
You two ,school gates 4 o'clock .................if i'm not there start without me:hit::stars:

Leam_Lin
03-06-2011, 23:54
Off topic, I see you are in Rutland, my daughter & family have taken their motor home to Rutland water.

Sylla
04-06-2011, 00:03
Great ! hope the lovely weather holds for them ....we are only 5mins away from the water ....:sailing:

Vortex Wake
04-06-2011, 23:58
Spam-o-matic not workey ?

;)

slodgedad
05-06-2011, 00:01

;)

Yeah he workey fine. Me approve cos linky not dodgy

Vortex Wake
05-06-2011, 00:06

Threads like this posted on multiple forum can influence searches , or be part of a dos attack - hence my post.

Yahoo or Google ? But why the active links ?

slodgedad
05-06-2011, 00:12
Threads like this posted on multiple forum can influence searches , or be part of a dos attack - hence my post.

It doesn't break any Forum rules so I approved it.

Whether or not it may or may not have an influence is beside the point.

Anyway, this is all off topic so when you've read it I'll shift it.

slodgedad
05-06-2011, 00:24

;)

It doesn't break any Forum rules so I approved it.

Whether or not it may or may not have an influence is beside the point.

Anyway, this is all off topic so when you've read it I'll shift it.

Took your advice, after your edit and removed the links,,

Zara
06-06-2011, 10:06
Can we have a cheeky smiley and a cheeky mood please

Also why does it state that I only have 3 friends when I have more

And also can we have our gender's back please

Thanks

Cos only 3 will admit to being your friend :hole:

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2011, 10:48
Cos only 3 will admit to being your friend :hole:

Oi ! wotchit you ! I have a delete button !

with cheese
06-06-2011, 10:51
Oi ! wotchit you ! I have a delete button !

Morning Monkey, take no notice of queenie, I am your friend so you have 4. Kev

CIM
06-06-2011, 21:07
I am getting very cynical living here....
I actually read it as "looking for a crook and a bad person..."
:crazy:

reggie
08-06-2011, 21:35
Thats one of the strange things why has Germany come to the Aid of the problems here in Tenerife.

One word, frankfurters,

starling
08-06-2011, 21:37
One word, frankfurters,
..... My thoughts too!

Malteser Monkey
14-06-2011, 12:08
If you want to keep Mosquitoes away use Deet.........it works............there is no scientific evidence that B vitamins work, but there is evidence that they don't work. You can google it and make up your own mind, but here is a link which I think explains it well. http://www.lisashea.com/birding/mosquito/thiamine.html

Hair Remover ??? !!!! oh no sorry that's Veet:lol:

primrose
16-06-2011, 20:28
Yet again a post aimed at upsetting people and name calling.
If people want to know anything about Tenerife they ask and get brilliant answers.
Lets all follow what you want then and have a trip advisor forum.
I have not seen you post before on here or the old forum and so far it has just been to start a confrontation and funny that Primrose has always thanked you for doing that.

I would like to make a point that I know a few of you on here that like me are not bored but very active in life and helping others. I know also others of you that don't have such great mobility and enjoy having a bit of fun and also giving back to others that need help.
Me I am not bored I have a very active life and am sitting here tonight looking after my 6 month old granddaughter who is well a kip. I can't do anything but sit here with her so thought I would see if everyone is OK, having fun or need help.
So bored I am not, househusband defoe not, fun loving defoe am.

You are obsessed with who I thank and making comments about it, You turning into a stalker??????

with cheese
16-06-2011, 20:31
No not at all Primrose, just an observation.
In answer to SGB, now it is full of bored old housewifes/househusbands.........................that is referring to anyone that has a laugh on here or posts regulary

primrose
16-06-2011, 20:41
Yet again a post aimed at upsetting people and name calling.
If people want to know anything about Tenerife they ask and get brilliant answers.
Lets all follow what you want then and have a trip advisor forum.
I have not seen you post before on here or the old forum and so far it has just been to start a confrontation and funny that Primrose has always thanked you for doing that.

I would like to make a point that I know a few of you on here that like me are not bored but very active in life and helping others. I know also others of you that don't have such great mobility and enjoy having a bit of fun and also giving back to others that need help.
Me I am not bored I have a very active life and am sitting here tonight looking after my 6 month old granddaughter who is well a kip. I can't do anything but sit here with her so thought I would see if everyone is OK, having fun or need help.
So bored I am not, househusband defoe not, fun loving defoe am.

I will ask again why are you checking up to see who I am thanking.

fonica
17-06-2011, 11:50
I have been on the old forum for quite a while and met some nice people, now it is full of bored old housewifes/househusbands, i thought the idea of this forum was to promote Tenerife and offer advice, now it is just a place where the users just slag each other off WHY, where are all the good posters gone and why have they gone ? ?

If you think this is bad,I've just have a look at THE Tenerife Forum and that makes this look amazing.

Chris P. Bacon
17-06-2011, 16:56
If you think this is bad,I've just have a look at THE Tenerife Forum and that makes this look amazing.

That's bang out of order fonica, I've never seen a slanging match there ???

Goforgold
17-06-2011, 17:16
That's bang out of order fonica, I've never seen a slanging match there ???

Is that a bit of sarcasm there Chris P? :)

Chris P. Bacon
17-06-2011, 17:19
Is that a bit of sarcasm there Chris P? :)

No not one little bit ???

Goforgold
17-06-2011, 17:23
No not one little bit ???

You couldn't have been a member in the Orca days then? :)

Chris P. Bacon
17-06-2011, 17:46
You couldn't have been a member in the Orca days then? :)

It's all about now GFG not in the dark ages :eyebrows:

Chris P. Bacon
17-06-2011, 18:28
Check off topic! is'nt it amazing how they hate the competiition? thought it was healthy :eyebrows:

howard thornton
19-06-2011, 15:23
hello, i was just wondering where the best pubs and clubs are to go for the night life, and to know where all the tottie is lol.

hi block 8. welcome to the forum.you need to contact reggie,he is the babe magnet of the forum,he pulls the tottie.

with cheese
19-06-2011, 15:51
Not all he pulls.
Off the plane, out of the airport do a left.
Thought of the day...........All women are Tottie, just depends on your age and preference.

howard thornton
19-06-2011, 15:58
Not all he pulls.
Off the plane, out of the airport do a left.
Thought of the day...........All women are Tottie, just depends on your age and preference.
i thought he said he was a master baker,i should wear my hearing aid.

with cheese
19-06-2011, 16:04
Dough.....................

howard thornton
19-06-2011, 16:16
Dough..................... do you remember that song, moldy old dough? its the only song i know all the words to. where is reggie?trying to activate his micro soft?

with cheese
19-06-2011, 16:49
He has a Micro Hard.

block8
19-06-2011, 17:01
lol thanks, and yeahh im 18 and defo straight lmao!

reggie
19-06-2011, 17:07
Jealousy will get you nowhere, why dont the pair of you buy my new book, (Its not easy being a babe magnet) by Reginald Dixon and his Organ, Available at WH Smiths Ģ19.95, its an easy read, designed for muppets, Though looking like Steve McQueen helps, Dont know what your going to do Howard, but go out in the dark, i'm sure some thing resembling a female will turn up,

marbro8
19-06-2011, 17:12
lol thanks, and yeahh im 18 and defo straight lmao!are you sure? you may just be confused:eyebrows:

Chris P. Bacon
20-06-2011, 14:52
The car has ill health? :crazy::doh::nurse2::lol:

with cheese
21-06-2011, 21:40
Meaning???????????????????????????????????????

onelegnofeet
21-06-2011, 21:51
WHOOOOOSH ................................over my head ,but i am tired !!!

with cheese
21-06-2011, 21:53
You have had a hard day mate, you rest.

onelegnofeet
21-06-2011, 22:00
Yes blisters on all my fingers too ............BAD FORUM BAD BAD FORUMS

atlantico
22-06-2011, 02:56
100% agree, get there and be on time = no problems, I am a businessman like Mr Oleary and I totaly understand his business....Good luck to him as MANY people use him and he is the biggest carrier in europe!!

Hey, how did you get to change your user name ??? or have the mods done it without informing you ?

bantam65
22-06-2011, 09:42
Hi Folks
What happened to the old site?Tried loading it up and POW!! nothing happened.Nice to be redirected this way though,and by the way Debi,just because I don't have written proof of your OH SO generous offer to buy me a beer any more,doesn't mean it didn't happen,does it?
Can you answer another question for me please, this one about wee beasties,.ie mozzies?At a similar time last year we were on Fuerteventura and Mrs B65 got absolutely slaughtered by the little blighters,to the stage where her legs became quite infected by the onslaught.Is there a similar problem in Tenerife in August and if so what are the best precatutions to take,before arrival and during our stay?

Ta
B65

A.P.&.S.S
22-06-2011, 09:49
Hey, how did you get to change your user name ??? or have the mods done it without informing you ?

They seemed to think it was to long!! So I have agreed to change it, they did it for me but they did inform me! Personaly I thought it was fine and there is no restriction on the amount of letters when you register with the site but Hay, Ho!! I supose it was advertising but so is my signature!! and most other folks. Its only a name.........:lol:

karinagal
22-06-2011, 13:04
I'm similarly overly attractive to the greedy little monsters - possibly due to my rather tasty diabetic blood! Anyway - I take vitamin B1 tablets daily, this doesn't stop them biting but has somehow lessened the effect of the bites. They no longer swell up and are now only usually itchy for the first day, and a good anti-histamine (tablet or cream) will help with that..

debi
22-06-2011, 18:39
Hi Bantam 65:hello:

What took you so long????

The offer of the beer still stands no worries:cheers:

Regarding the mozzies I can honestly say that in all the times I have been in August I have only got bitten a couple of times. They must have gone off me as I remember years ago no matter where I went I used to get eaten alive!

My mum suffers quite a bit with bites and she swears by Jungle Formula (you can get it in Boots) I also carry a little zapper thing with me that my mum gave to me. It doesn't stop the bite but it soothes it to stop the itch - scratch cycle. I think most good chemists would sell them in the Travel Items section.

See you on the 19th:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Angusjim
25-06-2011, 09:08
3 course meal 7-95e.all you can eat chinky buffet 5-95e.indian all u can eat 15e.an inferior pint 1euro.Ģ20 a day all inc. full english 3e.tenerife is cheap if you want it to be.if youd sooner stay in your apartment and have eggy bread it may cost you a few pence more.

Up early today Tony no cocktails last night ? :whistle::lol:

Chivas Regal
25-06-2011, 09:09
Up early today Tony no cocktails last night ? :whistle::lol:

He's just finishing one off before he goes to Bed!

tonypub
25-06-2011, 09:12
Up early today Tony no cocktails last night ? :whistle::lol:no jim,but copius amounts of sambuca:stars:

Added after 2 minutes:

He's just finishing one off before he goes to Bed!that sounds so wrong:eyebrows::whistle::)

Chivas Regal
25-06-2011, 09:17
Well I was gonna say you were just having a slow comfortable screw but thought your filthy minds would get the wrong idea!

Zara
25-06-2011, 18:01
I really dont understand the purpose of this thread, I personally dont think food shopping is dearer here than the UK, having just come back yesterday, but even if it was would it really bother me - with the cost of heating during the 9 or 10 months of UK winter, buying warm clothes and boots, the price of petrol, road tax and council tax. Faffing about to decide which day I put out which dustbin and if I get it wrong being in trouble. I still think I'm on a winner living here and for those who can only see the negatives, nobody is being forced onto the plane and made to enjoy themselves living in the sun. :poke:

Suej
25-06-2011, 18:17
I think thatīs being a bit harsh Zara, by making comparisons is not necessarily being negative, I think we all make comparisons in life whether it be the price of meat to the cost of Dental work.:)

Chris P. Bacon
25-06-2011, 18:21
I think thatīs being a bit harsh Zara, by making comparisons is not necessarily being negative, I think we all make comparisons in life whether it be the price of meat to the cost of Dental work.:)

I can understand someone making a comparison between supermarkets or butchers, hairdressers and the like, but groceries in COUNTRIES? :confused:

Suej
25-06-2011, 18:24
Why not though? theyīre all everyday purchases:hungry:

Zara
25-06-2011, 18:25

I totally agree Suej, it is harsh but we have now had two thread telling us that what we have here is not as good as the UK and when we try to point out our own particular experiences we are accused of being very defensive towards truth so while it is just my opinion, and for what it is worth I think if you are going to look at the picture then look at the whole thing donīt just pick out the bits that suit a particular argument.

Goforgold
25-06-2011, 18:26
Why not though? theyīre all everyday purchases:hungry:

I compare the OH with other men :)

Added after 2 minutes:

I totally agree Suej, it is harsh but we have now had two thread telling us that what we have here is not as good as the UK and when we try to point out our own particular experiences we are accused of being very defensive towards truth so while it is just my opinion, and for what it is worth I think if you are going to look at the picture then look at the whole thing donīt just pick out the bits that suit a particular argument.

I don't see how anyone can compare Tenerife with the UK - two different animals with different things on offer depending on what you want, but as Suej says humans compare everything :) :) it's in our nature. :)

Chris P. Bacon
25-06-2011, 18:31

Added after 2 minutes:

I don't see how anyone can compare Tenerife with the UK - two different animals with different things on offer depending on what you want, but as Suej says humans compare everything :) :) it's in our nature. :)

Soo your OH is a different animal to mine GFG :crazy:

Zara
25-06-2011, 18:32

So go on tell us - what was the outcome - Yeah I know some may have shone more on the surface but you wouldnīt really give up what you have already as you know its true worth.

Suej
25-06-2011, 18:33

If I didnīt look at the big picture I wouldnīt be here after 7 years Zara, but I donīt see any harm in the OPīs post. Prices have shot up here and thatīs a fact, but be assured I wonīt be on any plane out of here anytime soon.:):):) not when I can buy a decent bottle of Vino for under 2€:spin:

Goforgold
25-06-2011, 18:37
So go on tell us - what was the outcome - Yeah I know some may have shone more on the surface but you wouldnīt really give up what you have already as you know its true worth.

Well so far no-one compares - but I still need to keep checking :)

Added after 2 minutes:

Soo your OH is a different animal to mine GFG :crazy:

:eyebrows:

Forgot to say that I like both animals because of their differences :)

with cheese
25-06-2011, 19:15
Are the pound shops dearer than the Euro shops, durr

Added after 9 minutes:

Isn't everything relative.
When in Rome and all that.
Pathetic trying to compare as no comparison needed. Today went to work, bought a tuna baguette (take away) Ģ3.27, you can sit in the sun in a tourist resort and eat same for 3 euro or a village for 2.5.
Went out with wifey, 1 beer, 1 pimms, 1 coffee, breads and olives, 1 fish cob salad and 1 rump steak. 1 cheese and biscuits, 1 eton mess, country pub 70 quid. Last time Tenerife El mago, 2 german beers, 1 tia maria and coke, 2 starters 2 mains and 2 sweets, 1 large remi, espresso's and an Amerretto, under 60 euro.
Thread closed.

with cheese
25-06-2011, 19:29
Uk Petrol (here as other regions vary ) Ģ1.39.9 per lt
Gas only for heating ( and i'm tight ) Ģ1800 over the year
Water rates (shower no bath ,garden watered from water butt,only 2 of us so not loads of washing ,washing up done by hand no machine ) Ģ800 per year
Bread now Ģ1.30 plus,marg/butter goes up each time you go out ours is bertoli and Ģ1.80 per 500g.
Vat20%,
Just some prices that i would deem as essentails ,now eating out you pay for what you get as in Tenerife for us no difference ,where would i sooner be .....Tenerife .My personel opinion like here you have to shop around ,but not all tourists do as it cuts into there holiday time so they use the nearest supermarket /shop usually with in the Hotel which i'm afraid ARE really expensive .We tend to buy local brands in Tenerife ,whilst many tourists skill want stuff they buy back home which as we know is always more expensive ,
All Inclusive (PINS IN MY EYES FIRST )but i do understand why people with children opt for this board option "Mum can i have a pop ?Mum can i have an icecream etc etc " (some even actually say please) which can be costly BUT living in a resort in the UK if you drink on the holiday camps ,you pay far far more than even in places like The Monkey bar etc etc .Been upto a Haven holiday camp today to see some friends who are over a pint of Carling (which looked rank!) Ģ3.75 ,half pt diet coke Ģ2.76,and a Brivic orange Ģ2.75 not even a sea view and P.ssing it down ,yes the good old uk summer holiday Ģ700 pounds to sit in a caravan 24/7 with prayers being said of a dry day tommorrow so you can dry out your SUMMER KAGOOL and Wellies .
For me i do find Tenerife much the same overall to live with the much added bonus of SUNSHINE!!!

Wifeys just stuck her head over my shoulders and said and believe me she will know ,Zaras clothes in Tenerife are quite a bit cheaper she bought a dress last year in Uk Ģ89 in tenerife 45 euros ( not even reduced or a sale ) not the only thing cheaper in there ,came with a case 15kwent back with 25k after ditching all lotions and potions ,iron ,hair dryer !!!my bag toowent up 7k,and all i bought was an oil bottle !!!

How is Primrose Valley, mother in law had a caravan there. Now 600 quid a week for half decent one, you can get an 8 berth villa for just a bit more.

onelegnofeet
25-06-2011, 19:39
Dont know i live in Cleethorpes !!!! THE LAST RESORT as its known locally ,as they took up the branch lines in the 60s .........

Train fares are horrendous some even more than flights to Tenerife so again cheaper hols .............

And unlike here when the tides out ,you get golden sands not mud banks ,blue sea not very dirty grey

dede
25-06-2011, 19:45
I really dont understand the purpose of this thread, I personally dont think food shopping is dearer here than the UK, having just come back yesterday, but even if it was would it really bother me - with the cost of heating during the 9 or 10 months of UK winter, buying warm clothes and boots, the price of petrol, road tax and council tax. Faffing about to decide which day I put out which dustbin and if I get it wrong being in trouble. I still think I'm on a winner living here and for those who can only see the negatives, nobody is being forced onto the plane and made to enjoy themselves living in the sun. :poke:

So next time i put i thread on i will send it to you first for your approval shall I ??? I am entitled to put a thread on here as much as anyone and if you dont like it then dont join in, but dont just get on and say you dont understand the purpose to the thread because thats just your opinion, for your information i think there is a purpose but i could have put money on the posters that dont. Sad really.....

primrose
25-06-2011, 19:56
Well this thread makes very interesting reading the majority of posters who think everybody living in Tenerife are living in Paradise live in the UK,WHY? if it's such a wonderful place to live and and is so cheap why are you not living here like the rest of us, or do you not want to give up the security you get from living in the UK,most only know what it is like to come here as holiday makers, no comparision to living here.

with cheese
25-06-2011, 20:21
Well this thread makes very interesting reading the majority of posters who think everybody living in Tenerife are living in Paradise live in the UK,WHY? if it's such a wonderful place to live and and is so cheap why are you not living here like the rest of us, or do you not want to give up the security you get from living in the UK,most only know what it is like to come here as holiday makers, no comparision to living here.

Common sense really, most of us have committments we can't leave at present. I for one would be there tomorrow if my life allowed, but until next year at the earliest its not possible.

onelegnofeet
25-06-2011, 20:39

Apart from my apparent need for constant health care and the fact that i would not have paid into the better health care of Tenerife then i certainly would be there ......................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also the Winter fuel allowance which some can claim in Tenerife ,sadly here it just gets used up in our bills here to at least try and keep warm

Goforgold
25-06-2011, 20:49

Having lived in Tenerife, I wouldn't go so far as to say it is paradise, but I do like winter warmth and sitting outside eating carne con papa and drinking barraquitos along with the other wonderful coffee over there. If, when we retire, we could afford to do 3 to 4 months winter sun and still have the lovely green fields, trees and peace and quiet where we live now, I would be over the moon. :)

Goforgold
25-06-2011, 21:03
Aldi is very limited to what you get, yes cheap but limited and the veg is crap.
As someone who is going to be a resident for at least 6 months each year, i have asked many friends that live there and done my own research. In the same light If we can't comment on Tenerife prices because we don't live there, you can't comment on UK prices because you don't live here. No contest, thread no point, case dismissed your honour.

Not much point in commenting on anything anywhere :) :)

primrose
25-06-2011, 21:06
Aldi is very limited to what you get, yes cheap but limited and the veg is crap.
As someone who is going to be a resident for at least 6 months each year, i have asked many friends that live there and done my own research. In the same light If we can't comment on Tenerife prices because we don't live there, you can't comment on UK prices because you don't live here. No contest, thread no point, case dismissed your honour.

And you don't think it's limited here, Where do you think I do most of my shopping, on the Internet from England.Just because you don't agree with the OP's thread what gives you the right to say there is no point to the thread .

Goforgold
25-06-2011, 21:07
And you don't think it's limited here, Where do you think I do most of my shopping, on the Internet from England.Just because you don't agree with the OP's thread what gives you the right to say there is no point to the thread .

It's called sarcasm :)

primrose
25-06-2011, 21:08
Not much point in commenting on anything anywhere :) :)

You are so right, couldn't thank you no thanks button.

onelegnofeet
25-06-2011, 21:09
The supermarket near our apartment does a lovely carton of wine for 89 cents......! Might not be fit for the wine connoisseurs but properly chilled its perfect for me! ;)

You can get paint stripper here much cheaper !!!

with cheese
25-06-2011, 21:11
Yes maybe it is sarcasm, I may have agreed in principal but when comments are made to state that people commenting do not even live in Tenerife, followed by UK is defoe cheaper, sarcasm is the only answer.

dede
25-06-2011, 21:16
You can get paint stripper here much cheaper !!!

See this is what i mean, cheaper !!!..:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

onelegnofeet
25-06-2011, 21:21
See this is what i mean, cheaper !!!..:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Yes but STRIPPERS are cheaper in Tenerife .:eyebrows:....................of which wheres MaxC ,hope shes well

Suej
25-06-2011, 21:24
It looks like the thread has gone a little -AWOL!

It started IMO as an innocent thread about food price comparisons and ended up a free for all about UK -v-Tenerife! I love living in Tenerife with all it faults (and there are plenty the same as anywhere in the world) but itīs thanks to the UK that I am here at all:jumping:

Goforgold
25-06-2011, 21:25
Yes but STRIPPERS are cheaper in Tenerife .:eyebrows:....................of which wheres MaxC ,hope shes well

You're on form tonight OL !!! :)

but itīs thanks to the UK that I am here at all:jumping:

Get it right Suej!! :) It's thanks to your mum and dad!!! :)

Chris P. Bacon
25-06-2011, 21:33
Lets compare the price of vodka in Russian to the UK :eyebrows:

with cheese
26-06-2011, 07:09
How much is a ladyboy in Tenerife, only 100 bhat in Thailand.

angiebabe
26-06-2011, 17:08
I swear by oil of citronela, buy it from the chemist before you go and I ask for it in a bottle with a dropper top.
I put a few drops at the end of the bed, bottom of the curtains and on the hem, or and cuffs of my clothes.
Never have any problems with mozzies since.

Sylla
26-06-2011, 18:02
I swear by oil of citronela, buy it from the chemist before you go and I ask for it in a bottle with a dropper top.
I put a few drops at the end of the bed, bottom of the curtains and on the hem, or and cuffs of my clothes.
Never have any problems with mozzies since.

Me too oil of citronela ...and when I had horses it worked for keeping the flies off ! nice smell too !

bantam65
27-06-2011, 07:49
Me too oil of citronela ...and when I had horses it worked for keeping the flies off ! nice smell too !

Now then,you wouldn't be suggesting that my wife resembles a horse would you?::lol:

Sylla
27-06-2011, 09:51
Now then,you wouldn't be suggesting that my wife resembles a horse would you?::lol:

Good G*d ! I hope not LOL ! but only you would know that ...but if she does I hope she is a thoroughbred :eyebrows:

Angusjim
27-06-2011, 13:53
Dede you are putting people off by the negative nature and this thread should be closed because it is certainly going to make people think should we[/B]. Totally correct about currency value, it has changed that ís the uk's doing not tenerife so again if anything is dearer to us it aint to other europeans, be real

If only i had so much influence :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

You better stay off the thread about carrier bags or you will ruin the economy completely:eyebrows:

primrose
27-06-2011, 13:54
Dede you are putting people off by the negative nature and this thread should be closed because it is certainly going to make people think should we[/B]. Totally correct about currency value, it has changed that ís the uk's doing not tenerife so again if anything is dearer to us it aint to other europeans, be real

If only i had so much influence :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

dede for Prime Minister.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

dede
27-06-2011, 13:58
If only i had so much influence :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dede for Prime Minister.:cheer::cheer::cheer:[/QUOTE]

my dogs think ive gone nuts cos theres only me here and i cant stop laughing.:crazy::crazy:

tonypub
27-06-2011, 14:05
[/QUOTE]

dede for Prime Minister.:cheer::cheer::cheer:[/QUOTE]
the last thing the uk needs is another war:gun::gun::whistle::whistle::lol::lol::lol::lol :

with cheese
27-06-2011, 14:16
See yer Nan has turned up, you don't have power, just a pathetic attitude towards reality, if you live in Tenerife why does it matter to you if its cheaper in the UK which it isn't.
You pobviously either don't actually like Tenerife or don't like people visiting because it is usual for you to have a slag off, this doesn't do the businesses of Tenerife any favours.
It I was visiting this Forum to find out some info, I would be put off by your comments and thread.
This by no means makes you powerful but makes you a disloyal person to Tenerife.
But as you are so far inserted that probably doesn't matter, still yer Nan will have some more to say.

dede
27-06-2011, 14:35
See yer Nan has turned up, you don't have power, just a pathetic attitude towards reality, if you live in Tenerife why does it matter to you if its cheaper in the UK which it isn't.
You pobviously either don't actually like Tenerife or don't like people visiting because it is usual for you to have a slag off, this doesn't do the businesses of Tenerife any favours.
It I was visiting this Forum to find out some info, I would be put off by your comments and thread.
This by no means makes you powerful but makes you a disloyal person to Tenerife.
But as you are so far inserted that probably doesn't matter, still yer Nan will have some more to say.

ooooo.... your sooo funny Kev :raspberry2::raspberry2::raspberry2::chillpill::ch illpill:

primrose
27-06-2011, 14:49

Awww Bless with cheese, did you want to be Prime Minister, never mind you can be Minister for Tourism.

with cheese
27-06-2011, 15:12
nah give it to yer sprog i dont need to work in fact minister of transport would be Good coz no soad tax then

primrose
27-06-2011, 15:21
nah give it to yer sprog i dont need to work in fact minister of transport would be Good coz no soad tax then

?????????????????????

bantam65
27-06-2011, 16:14
Good G*d ! I hope not LOL ! but only you would know that ...but if she does I hope she is a thoroughbred :eyebrows:

Neigh,she's a daft old nag.(But if you ever meet her,don't quote me on that,cos I will only deny it!
:devil:

Sylla
27-06-2011, 18:47
Neigh,she's a daft old nag.(But if you ever meet her,don't quote me on that,cos I will only deny it!
:devil:

OOOh! you are awful ! but I THINK I like you !!!!:pray:

pablo1
28-06-2011, 15:58
Yes "is'nt the range" means "less" not "no choice" read your post again please.

I cannot say I have ever seen fruit flies in that shop (are we talking about the same shop here?) :eyebrows:

What a condescending, but unsurprising post.

dede
28-06-2011, 16:40
I have no idea what you are on about, my opinion is that it is cheaper to live in the UK, it doesn't matter to me what your opinion is you are entitled to it just the same as I am, but I do object to somebody coming on a thread and telling me to go to Specsavers and if that is the only comment she has to make then it would be better to say nothing,not the most intelligent comment on a thread about the cost of living in Tenerife. As for people selling up and going back to England well yes I do know quite a lot that have gone back because they cannot affort to live here, sad but true.

Primrose they can only resort to insults through lack of intelligence, they just cant think of any other input other than insults.

primrose
28-06-2011, 16:43
Primrose they can only resort to insults through lack of intelligence, they just cant think of any other input other than insults.

Yes you are right been there before and it's same old same old.

with cheese
28-06-2011, 16:50
I have no idea what you are on about, my opinion is that it is cheaper to live in the UK, it doesn't matter to me what your opinion is you are entitled to it just the same as I am, but I do object to somebody coming on a thread and telling me to go to Specsavers and if that is the only comment she has to make then it would be better to say nothing,not the most intelligent comment on a thread about the cost of living in Tenerife. As for people selling up and going back to England well yes I do know quite a lot that have gone back because they cannot affort to live here, sad but true.

Dare say you have made a complaint though and she has had an infraction, that is what you do well.

Added after 2 minutes:

Think you really to need to read yours and Primrose's posts, which are all insulting or moaning, you two need to have a chill tab, Maxine send some round.

sleepy
28-06-2011, 16:55
My excuse is I'm over due my medication... and I had some grumpynut flakes for breakfast! :crazy:

No, we all know the Island isn't Utopia and for all its assets, Tenerife can also be a very frustrating place to live. Like many, I have a little wish list of things that would make the place absolutely perfect, for Me... but not necessarily for others. I knew when I moved here there was no Sainsburys, M&S foodhall, Harvey Nicks (OH delighted about that one!).... and if we did, I'm sure they would be more expensive than the UK versions, because we live on a small island in the middle of the atlantic and everything needs to be imported!!

Air your opinions, you're entitled to, just like we all are. However, when people start comparing 'My Little Utopia' with some cheap & cheerful in Swansea, I'll protect it... :knight: :D

Got some beautiful idyllic sandy beaches in Swansea,I'll have you know :D

MaxineC
28-06-2011, 16:56
Dare say you have made a complaint though and she has had an infraction, that is what you do well.

Added after 2 minutes:

Think you really to need to read yours and Primrose's posts, which are all insulting or moaning, you two need to have a chill tab, Maxine send some round.

Awww, do I have to? You know i hate sharing my drugs.... :crazy:

with cheese
28-06-2011, 16:56
What a condescending, but unsurprising post.

Trust you to back yer Nan and sister

primrose
28-06-2011, 16:58

Added after 2 minutes:

No I didn't complain but sick to death of you having a go at me, yesterday you even called me a *****, give it a rest.

with cheese
28-06-2011, 16:59
I think if you read back it was you thaty had a pop at me I just retaliated

primrose
28-06-2011, 17:02
I think if you read back it was you thaty had a pop at me I just retaliated

Grow up.I have had enough of you.Don't bother replying I will just ignore you you are not worth the effort.

pablo1
28-06-2011, 17:08
Trust you to back yer Nan and sister

I back my own opinion, it just so happens to be similar to dede and primrose in this case.
Don't always try and look for things that aren't there kev, it doesn't become you.
You're obviously a successful and intelligent man, but your hang up on certain posters on here makes it hard to see.

Sundowner
28-06-2011, 17:12
Time to calm down folks........maybe have a cup of tea........English breakfast tea of course or maybe Earl grey.............can you get that in Tenerife???
Bet it is more expensive if you can :whistle:

with cheese
28-06-2011, 17:19
Anti biotics over the counter

MaxineC
28-06-2011, 17:22
Anti biotics over the counter

Random...!! :crazy:

Here, have some of mine :D

with cheese
28-06-2011, 17:24
Actually Pablo, I don't really have as much of a problem with you as you think, just banter. Ido have a hang up with Primrose as everytime I post she has a negative dig and has even PM'd me having a go. I then usually retaliate and she gets all bitchy, but there again not many posters do like Primrose attitude.
There is never anything Positive or informative. Yes I mess about a lot but I do also give some very informative and hopefully helpful posts.
Think you and me should take any comments thrown at each other as banter, ask Maxine if you ain't sure on that one.

Added after 2 minutes:

Random...!! :crazy:

Here, have some of mine :D
Tenerife 2-3 euro, no half hour spent on the phone trying to get an appointment with a quack, another 45 mins in a waiting room full of germs, then 40 mins sat waiting for a chemist to put 10 pills in a bottle.
Just go in and ask, explain what you got, 5 mins later cure started working. Brilliant, worth 5cents on a carrier bag, oops wrong thread.

DJandDeid
28-06-2011, 17:36
Have things settled down a bit then? Thought I was on the .com instead of the .org for a while there..........

reggie
29-06-2011, 22:18
Donkey's these are great form of stress relief, look at Reggie totally stress free, which can't be sex because he has been Celabate for years.
Punchbag, great for stress relief as is join a gym or a class like Zumba.

Celabate ? I'm going to punch you when i see you, Good film Zumba, micheal cain ?

with cheese
29-06-2011, 22:19
Sorry you said you bin celabrate for years. Anyway look forward to that punch, rum is great as a base.

reggie
29-06-2011, 22:28
Sorry you said you bin celabrate for years. Anyway look forward to that punch, rum is great as a base.

Another thread you hijacked, why the mods put up with you , i dont know, Laughter great for getting rid of stress, then a shag.

marbro8
29-06-2011, 22:32
i find alcohol helps a lot hic!! hic!! what was the question again?

MaxineC
30-06-2011, 00:46
Sorry you said you bin celabrate for years.

Isn't he on Americas Most Wanted list... ???

sundownersvince
30-06-2011, 01:46
Me thinks Bressin is Jack Dees housekeeper.

sundownersvince
02-07-2011, 02:17
Sell it on ebay......I'll be watching.......

Andy0210
02-07-2011, 02:31
In Jan i came off my scooter on a bend and the front wheel is now out of alignment with the handlebars, also the LH brake arm needs replacing, i tried the nearest repair shop near Palm Beach but the guy said " sorry no can do itīs a Lanverti which has been discontinued", in my opinion very few parts require replacing, iīm a deisel mechanic but no experience on mopeds, can anyone help.

Lets get this right ???

You are crying on this forum that you didnīt get a job driving famous actors and filmstars around and in the next thread you are asking for advice cos you crashed your Moped ???

I have a class one licence and personally i am ashamed to share one with you! :rolleyes:

At this point no laughing Smiley is enough for me! Incredible! :fryingpan: :lots-jumping: :surrender:

sundownersvince
02-07-2011, 02:38
Go Andy!!!!!!!!!!

Harmonicaman
02-07-2011, 09:19
Lets get this right ???

You are crying on this forum that you didnīt get a job driving famous actors and filmstars around and in the next thread you are asking for advice cos you crashed your Moped ???

I have a class one licence and personally i am ashamed to share one with you! :rolleyes:

At this point no laughing Smiley is enough for me! Incredible! :fryingpan: :lots-jumping: :surrender:
And he doesn't have a sense of humour.:crazy: (See another forum, same thread)...:raspberry2::)

Bob
02-07-2011, 20:47
Lets get this right ???

what are you talking about, i was commenting on the way we were all led up the garden path on the class one job. What has the fact that i have a moped got to do with my class one licence, i also have a mk2 golf a 190 mercedes and a ford transit mini bus. On a personal note i feel sad for you if you have nothing better to do than trawl through the forum all day long slagging people off. Laugh away.

AL JAY
05-07-2011, 13:15
Welcome to the forum Syorks, I can't give you any info on Central station but the pool bar restaurante in Parque Santiago 1 run by Pepe & Sue do fantastic Sunday roasts and also a fantastic full English breakfast inc tea & toast marmalade/jam etc for 3 euro.Also two restaurante's next door to you "Montana" & "El Cedro" are well worth a visit & Sugar & Spice opposite PS2!

Syorks1982
05-07-2011, 14:51
thanks for the reply and recommendations. Will have to sample those places when we're over at the end of the month.

Bob
05-07-2011, 21:13
central station has been deserted most times i walk past. It began life about 8 years ago and was a very expensive build, but unfortunatly it never really took off. Best roast at the mo is shambles bar in Los Cris, large servings and good grub.

Bonnie1964
06-07-2011, 10:30
Jags Bar do a lovely Sunday Roast......its on The Patch very close to PS 2 :)

Syorks1982
06-07-2011, 10:39
thanks for the recommendations guys... any more places please do let me know. Heard Scampis near Compostela beach is a good place to go, anyone have an opinion?

waveydavey
06-07-2011, 14:45
No forget Scampis Syorks, go along towards the sea and go into Surfers bar,the best yet.

Syorks1982
06-07-2011, 15:20
thanks for that Wavey Davey. Where abouts is Surfers?

waveydavey
06-07-2011, 15:50
Look at Scampis and look left and it's about 6 restraunts down,you can't miss it.

reggie
06-07-2011, 19:48
They should print some of the sh-te on here, keeps us lot occupied, might bring in some new members, but i fear the word is out, over modded, too strict, too boring, if your face dont fit, you get binned,

reggie
06-07-2011, 19:54
I'd want blowing for that,

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 19:55
They should print some of the sh-te on here, keeps us lot occupied, might bring in some new members, but i fear the word is out, over modded, too strict, too boring, if your face dont fit, you get binned,

Then why is that obnoxious goon on the 'Gay Bar' thread still around....

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 19:57

that's because you're a dirty old man... :D

YOUNG GOLFER
06-07-2011, 19:58

you crack me up reggie......i hope it was not you i seen offering 50€ in the gay bar.:eyebrows:

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 19:59
you crack me up reggie......i hope it was not you i seen offering 50€ in the gay bar.:eyebrows:

:crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

reggie
06-07-2011, 20:02
Then why is that obnoxious goon on the 'Gay Bar' thread still around....

Exactly, he should be long gone, but it seems if its popular then it stays, loads of things like that has happened, drives some of us mad, its not consistant, Make ya bl--ding mind up,

Malteser Monkey
07-07-2011, 11:15
FIBBER !!!!!!............................................ ............................................lol

just doing my usual off topic and taking the uhummm with cheesey - but that's it ! It'll be moved soon:whistle:

with cheese
07-07-2011, 11:28
OY GAY MONKEY, don't use me an excuse for your griping, anyway your comment on here, did you mean this thread is disgusting or the one about poofs.

reggie
07-07-2011, 20:36
What sort of modelling is she interested in...?

Oh i hope she says, Anything really,

with cheese
07-07-2011, 20:39
Oh i hope she says, Anything really,
So does Maxine.

Mick keep an eye for people asking on here, may take a few months but a bit of a chance.

micknova
07-07-2011, 22:52
So does Maxine.

Mick keep an eye for people asking on here, may take a few months but a bit of a chance.

yeah thats what i thought i have seen people wanting models on here before so no harm in putting the thread up
and maxine not sure what sort are you thinking and ill find out haha

Loaded
08-07-2011, 06:35
What's this google thing you speak of?

Angusjim
08-07-2011, 06:42
Not smug at all, I'm jsut recapping an summarizing the thread, it's not like I put a smiley on the end of it is Jim? Maybe stop being such a prick and read words for what they are.

I will call in when I am next over and give you my reply in person

junglejim
08-07-2011, 07:38
Get in there AJ , smack him with a smokie - heīll never get the the smell off!!
How are you doing ? I see my return has brought some decent weather to Scotland !!

Loaded
08-07-2011, 09:37

Can't wait

londoner
08-07-2011, 09:51

this really is loutish behavior.

junglejim
08-07-2011, 11:04
this really is loutish behavior.

Why?
Surely the original insult was loutish ?

Quote Originally Posted by Loaded View Post
Not smug at all, I'm jsut recapping an summarizing the thread, it's not like I put a smiley on the end of it is Jim? Maybe stop being such a prick and read words for what they are.

londoner
08-07-2011, 11:16
Why?
Surely the original insult was loutish ?

maybe a little immature but not enough to warrant what i think is a physical threat
i dont know loaded but reading through his informative and informed threads i am sure he can take care of himself.
i joined this forum to inform and be informed

Loaded
08-07-2011, 11:27
How do you know how intelligent i am, Tell you what Mr Brainbox count the thanks to the posts,You don't appear to have many

Here's how I know how intelligent you aren't:

1. You seem to think a thanks count somehow quantifies intelligence.

2. You've had 1371 thanks in 1933 posts meaning you get thanked every 1.4 posts. Mine is 124 thanks in 147 posts meaning I get thanked every 1.185 - this means I have a better thanks ratio than you. If you were as intelligent as you claim you'd have worked that out before mentioning it, and then not mentioned it!

3. Although you seem to have mastered the use of the one German word you know, your English needs some work. Firstly you need a question mark at the end of your question and "to many" should be "too many". But then you already knew this.

When you come to see me bring some colouring books and we'll start at the very beginning at a pace you can handle.

CIM
08-07-2011, 18:33
I can assure you that there most definitely WERE "good old days" in Tenerife and I still remember them well. Business people gained respect from their clients by being honest and professional.

And, assuming that's you in your avatar, you weren't even born then :raspberry2:

I didnt realise you were a rose-tinted spectacle wearing pensioner Jimbo! "The good old days" - hahahaha!!!
Enjoy your memories :lol:

Jimandsi
08-07-2011, 18:51
I didnt realise you were a rose-tinted spectacle wearing pensioner Jimbo! "The good old days" - hahahaha!!!
Enjoy your memories :lol:

Retired - YES (don't need to work - already made enough dosh).
Pensioner - NO (not old enough).

Keep trying to live your little dream though - one day you'll wake up. :crylaughing:

CIM
08-07-2011, 21:12
Retired - YES (don't need to work - already made enough dosh).
Pensioner - NO (not old enough).

Keep trying to live your little dream though - one day you'll wake up. :crylaughing:

Pah - youīd love to be in a position to live here, shame you never will. Is that why you are so bitter in so many of your posts? Especially towards those of us who have made it here and continue to prosper?
In fact disregard the above, Iīm too busy "living my dream" to care :raspberry2:

Jimandsi
08-07-2011, 21:40
Pah - youīd love to be in a position to live here, shame you never will. Is that why you are so bitter in so many of your posts? Especially towards those of us who have made it here and continue to prosper?
In fact disregard the above, Iīm too busy "living my dream" to care :raspberry2:

I've thought about it many times over the years but just can't see ANY real advantage (apart from the winter sun) in it.

Can you ???

An Estate Agent "prospering" (as you put it) - yet you spend all of your time on here :crylaughing:

However, I note that you ARE the Tetris and Snakes champion - wow, well done !

CIM
08-07-2011, 21:55
I've thought about it many times over the years but just can't afford it (apart from one week ina cheap crumby apartment during winter).Weathers nicer for a start and the UK is going down the pan in so many ways...

An Estate Agent "prospering" (as you put it) - yet you spend all of your time on here :crylaughing: But I donīt... average of 6 posts a day.... And business has never been better - have you seen how well my website ranks? Do you even know what that means? It doesnīt sound like it!!! :lol:
I know - not what you want to hear, you want everyone who lives here to fail... poor Jimbo, just because you cannot live here you dont want anyone else to make it.
Donīt worry though - I hear Exeters lovely between October and March....

Jimandsi
08-07-2011, 22:01
I've thought about it many times over the years but just can't see ANY real advantage (apart from the winter sun) in it.

Can you ???

Right, that's one advantage agreed then - the weather is definitely better in Tenerife during the winter.

Anything else please ?

CIM
08-07-2011, 22:07
It doesn't get dark at 3 o'clock in the afternoon
No fog
Lots of people here are on holiday or retired so are generally happier
Itīs a lot cheaper to live here - money certainly goes further
The business owners here aren't that switched on and as such are very easy to compete against ( :) )
Itīs a much nicer place to work in general
I can eat out 3 or 4 times a week and it costs the same as eating in
The beach is two minutes from my door
Theres a few for you to be miserable about and try and argue with :)

Now... tell me what you love about Exeter!

Jimandsi
09-07-2011, 17:25
Well I never CIM, what a thoroughly disappointing response to my question !

You surprise me, as I thought you would come up with a much smarter answer.

To briefly recap:-

You made this statement .....

You also made this statement .....

I know - not what you want to hear, you want everyone who lives here to fail... poor Jimbo, just because you cannot live here you dont want anyone else to make it.

I asked this question of you .....

Can you ???

And you respond with this .....

It doesn't get dark at 3 o'clock in the afternoon
No fog
Lots of people here are on holiday or retired so are generally happier
Itīs a lot cheaper to live here - money certainly goes further
The business owners here aren't that switched on and as such are very easy to compete against ( :) )
Itīs a much nicer place to work in general
I can eat out 3 or 4 times a week and it costs the same as eating in
The beach is two minutes from my door

Is that it ?

Is that the best you can do ?

Is that what you tell buyers when they enquire about living their dream on Paradise Island ?

Are they the ONLY advantages you can come up with - if so, I'm definitely staying in Blighty (but I'll still spend 4 months each year abroad on my holidays) !

Come on - have another go.

I'm 62, retired, married, healthy, fairly comfortably off and enjoy the finer pleasures in life. Why on earth should I move to Tenerife ?

Surely a "prospering Estate Agent" like yourself should be able to give me half a dozen good / genuine reasons ?

Shouldn't he ? :raspberry2:

CIM
09-07-2011, 17:28
I also wrote this:

Now... tell me what you love about Exeter!

Which you declined to answer...

Lucy Fer
09-07-2011, 17:30
I'm 62, retired, married, healthy, fairly comfortably off and enjoy the finer pleasures in life. Why on earth should I move to Tenerife ?

Surely a "prospering Estate Agent" like yourself should be able to give me half a dozen good / genuine reasons ?

Shouldn't he ? :raspberry2:

Sounds like us we are still a bit undecided and really need convincing :)

CIM
09-07-2011, 17:32
Sounds like us we are still a bit undecided and really need convincing :)
Try it for 3 to 6 months first - only way to be sure really.
And donīt read too much into what JimandSi writes - heīs the forum clown... constantly trying to pick fights and whinging about everything. Heīs only happy when someone else is sad!

Jimandsi
09-07-2011, 17:34
I fail to see what the thread title "Tenerife estate agents - are they all totally incompetent?" has got to do with Exeter though.

Are you always this evasive CIM ?

pablo1
09-07-2011, 17:38
I fail to see what the thread title "Tenerife estate agents - are they all totally incompetent?" has got to do with Exeter though.

Are you always this evasive CIM ?

Hello Jim, hope you're well. :-)

CIM
09-07-2011, 17:42
Living in Tenerife is BETTER than living in the UK. For a great many reasons, some of which I listed above. If you disagree, then please tell me what is so good about living in Exeter - thats the relevance of the question I asked - which you donīt seem to be able to answer.
Are you always so evasive?

My guess is for whatever reason you cannot come and live here and because of that you feel the need to criticise the place and the people who can live here, every chance you get.

Your goading is getting a little dull anyways so dont bother answering, itīll just be another barbed comment with yet another toothless dig about my website or business or some other such drivel... yawn...

Jimandsi
09-07-2011, 17:44
Hello Jim, hope you're well. :-)

Hiya.

I thought I had you on my ignore list but it must have reset itself !

You were also a successful businessman in Tenerife pablo1 - tell me please, what went wrong and why did you move back to Blighty ?

pablo1
09-07-2011, 17:56
Hiya.

I thought I had you on my ignore list but it must have reset itself !

You were also a successful businessman in Tenerife pablo1 - tell me please, what went wrong and why did you move back to Blighty ?

My success was mostly down to timing Jim.
I was in business when the area that I had my bar was thriving, even idiots like me could make money...and I did !
The truth is myself and my partner made a decision based on our future, she had just completed her business degree at University and the area where my bar was, that once thrived was slowly dying out, and we believed that setting up business back in the UK was going to be a better bet than what we had in Tenerife.
It turns out we were right. Now we get to go over many times a year whilst having the security of a successful business in blighty.
So not really a case of anything going wrong, just the right time for us to leave.
Hope this helps :-)

willowlily
09-07-2011, 18:17
My success was mostly down to timing Jim.
I was in business when the area that I had my bar was thriving, even idiots like me could make money...and I did !
The truth is myself and my partner made a decision based on our future, she had just completed her business degree at University and the area where my bar was, that once thrived was slowly dying out, and we believed that setting up business back in the UK was going to be a better bet than what we had in Tenerife.
It turns out we were right. Now we get to go over many times a year whilst having the security of a successful business in blighty.
So not really a case of anything going wrong, just the right time for us to leave.
Hope this helps :-)

i understand what you are saying pablo and i also understand where c.i.m is coming
from, we have to weigh up the pros and cons where to live and sometimes that is decided by the work/ income situation.
myself i find it works to keep my properties in bournemouth because the income is very good also i love bournemouth in the summer.
but here is the rub.
in october i hotfoot it over to tenerife where i stay ( apart from the odd business trip back 4 days max ) till april.
i dont know what i would do if i could only choose one place to spend all year

pablo1
09-07-2011, 18:48
i understand what you are saying pablo and i also understand where c.i.m is coming
from, we have to weigh up the pros and cons where to live and sometimes that is decided by the work/ income situation.
myself i find it works to keep my properties in bournemouth because the income is very good also i love bournemouth in the summer.
but here is the rub.
in october i hotfoot it over to tenerife where i stay ( apart from the odd business trip back 4 days max ) till april.
i dont know what i would do if i could only choose one place to spend all year

I'm not in disagreement with Andy ( CIM ) as I believe that Tenerife is a wonderful place to live, and I fully intend on living there again in the future.
I think everybody's circumstances are different, horses for courses and all that.
The truth is, Tenerife was good for me then, and the UK is good for me now. :-)

mossy
09-07-2011, 19:16
If Jimandsi is happy in the UK there's no point trying to convince him that somewhere else is better.From the sound of it he's leading a good life.

Jimandsi
09-07-2011, 19:29
If Jimandsi is happy in the UK there's no point trying to convince him that somewhere else is better.From the sound of it he's leading a good life.

Thank you.

Yes, I'm quite happy living in Blighty and with the lifestyle I lead.

However, if the grass is greener over any of those fences, please let me know and I'll go and have a look.

Susief
09-07-2011, 19:30
Andy (CIM) I wouldn't waste my time replying to him! After all this time we all know what he is like and how negative he is about Tenerife (reckons he likes the place!)

I've not had any use for a estate agent here in UK or Tenerife but if i needed one I would contact you or YG!

Jimandsi
09-07-2011, 19:35
Andy (CIM) I wouldn't waste my time replying to him! After all this time we all know what he is like and how negative he is about Tenerife (reckons he likes the place!)

I've not had any use for a estate agent here in UK or Tenerife but if i needed one I would contact you or YG!

Do Estate Agents deal in rusty old caravans then :confused:

Susief
09-07-2011, 19:50

We have 2 properties in the UK and our mobile home in Tenerife is actually plastic and only 4 year old! No rust!

onelegnofeet
09-07-2011, 19:53
Andy (CIM) I wouldn't waste my time replying to him!

We have 2 properties in the UK and our mobile home in Tenerife is actually plastic and only 4 year old! No rust!

SUSIE .................................................. tut tut !!!x

confidential
09-07-2011, 20:07

I have loads, I will bring them out soon and if you want one Sir, let me know.
I hate Estate agent people they are scum as always trying to get us moved on.

tmfkahs
10-07-2011, 20:00
As I mentioned before - the Cape Verde islands are only a couple of hours further south!!

Great news. When will they be doing direct flights from the UK. Not one at the moment, but this crisis in Tenerife will get Ryanair, Monarch et al doing 200 flights a week from all UK airports? Get a life.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/cape-verde/transport/getting-there-away

atlantico
10-07-2011, 20:32
Great news. When will they be doing direct flights from the UK. Not one at the moment, but this crisis in Tenerife will get Ryanair, Monarch et al doing 200 flights a week from all UK airports? Get a life.

I've been twice , direct, from Birmingham !

tmfkahs
10-07-2011, 20:42
I've been twice , direct, from Birmingham !

€65 each way?

Santiago
10-07-2011, 21:53

You can fly direct from Manchester, Heathrow, etc., for the same price as a normal flight with Thomson (for example) to Tenerife. Holidays work out about the same price as tour operator holidays and, if you have never been there before, then a one week holiday on Sal will give you the chance to to have a look around and find our what you really want and where you want it.

Not everyone wants the cheapest flight for their holiday and if a problem does occur it is quite nice to have a booking with a flight operator who will look after you. For example, we were caught up in the Spanish air traffic controllers strike last December and were set up in a very nice hotel for the night and spent the day enjoying ourselves in some luxury courtesy of Thomson. It's not for everyone, I agree, but the difference in price isn't that much especially if you live away from the main large airports!

Loaded
10-07-2011, 23:33
hypocritical i know but this really is OFF TOPIC!!!! lol

sundownersvince
11-07-2011, 01:31
Ok Acco......... and the point is?????

sundownersvince
11-07-2011, 01:35
Nut case..............

sundownersvince
11-07-2011, 01:45
Mucho bog paper.............and the same buyers shop in Iceland.........

Andy0210
11-07-2011, 03:01
Mucho bog paper.............and the same buyers shop in Iceland.........

Shut up Vince you idiot, you have no idea of anyones circumstances that reads that paper, my mum who cares full time for my brain damaged dad reads it and didnīt buy it in Iceland, i dropped it off for her on Sunday on her request, who are you insulting? me for buying it on her request or her for asking for me to buy it ???

willowlily
11-07-2011, 12:54
I have loads, I will bring them out soon and if you want one Sir, let me know.
I hate Estate agent people they are scum as always trying to get us moved on.

you started what i thought was a very amusing thread re; caravan dwelling, gypsy fortune telling but due to abusive posts it was closed.
please do not infect all threads with this attitude.
let us know when you are arriving in tenerife as i for one have the picnic hamper oredered from FORTNUM & MASONS so i can watch the " CABERET" of you versus the tenerife police

WeeJake
11-07-2011, 16:41
Reading this thread was like watching a game of tennis. Not Sure who actually achieved Game, Set & Match though. Tell me, is everyone who is looking to purchase a home in Tenerife looking for Depressed, Reposessed, BMV properties. Or is there maybe, just maybe, a whole different sector out there with money in their pocket looking for Prestige, Individual, Unique Homes that regardless of the price, meets their SPECIFIC criteria. Of course everyone looks for a bargain, I know that, but there are people out there too who just want what they want and are willing to pay for it. Perhaps a different form of marketing structure needs to be investigated before every single owner and potential seller is told to drop their prices to meet the cheapskate market. Tenerife is a Beautiful Island. It has much to Offer and I personally know of a number of Absolutely Gorgeous Drop Dead Properties "outwith" the tourist resorts that could be the idyllic Getaway or Secluded Hideaway for a host of High Profile or "Genuinely Loaded" Clients. Has any agent got any of those type of clients in their portfolio? Has any agent got a marketing structure in place to get those kind of Clients? I think We need to stop selling this island Cheap and send all the cheapskates back to where their coming from. Investors I can understand. They can afford to buy cheap and sit on their purchases till the market improves and either rent or sell on. But not everyone is in that bracket. Tenerife is Better than That. "I Think"

howard thornton
11-07-2011, 22:01
Please see post #39 in this thread ;)are you confidential in disguise?

Jimandsi
11-07-2011, 22:04
Mystic Jimbob! You want a gold star or something?

You watch Susief - I'll bet you some clothes pegs I'm right.

Only me, you and our crystal balls will know why though.

The rest don't understand - bless 'em :crylaughing:

are you confidential in disguise?

No - not me HT.

Where is he/she by the way ?

Susief
11-07-2011, 22:10

No - not me HT.

Where is he/she by the way ?

I only have plastic ones left Jim! Lol.

howard thornton
11-07-2011, 22:13

No - not me HT.

Where is he/she by the way ? banned, like reggie and cheesy.

slodgedad
11-07-2011, 22:15
banned, like reggie and cheesy.

Both back shortly

howard thornton
11-07-2011, 22:19
Both back shortly

thats the second bit of good news i've read tonight.

CIM
12-07-2011, 22:14
What "lot" ?

Are you paranoid or something ?

You should re-read this post: To Jimbo the troll (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?4965-Tenerife-estate-agents-are-they-all-totally-incompetent&p=58326&viewfull=1#post58326)
You are becoming very dull, repetitive with all the "goading." Youīre not funny, youīre not "having a laugh" so give it a rest you sad man.

Jimandsi
13-07-2011, 10:24
You should re-read this post: To Jimbo the troll (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?4965-Tenerife-estate-agents-are-they-all-totally-incompetent&p=58326&viewfull=1#post58326)

I've reread it CIM and even quoted it here .....

I am definitely on a different wavelength - I know what works in this industry - you do not! Nor does "WeeJake"
If you have nothing to offer other than provoking and trolling these threads, then why bother Jim? Have you honestly got nothing better to do?
You obviously dont know the subject at hand - that is plainly obvious and some of the things I have read from you lot are as your little smilie suggests - laughable!
(Cue more trolling and provocation from a very sad and bored Jimandsigh... yawn....)

In my opinion, WeeJake made several very valid posts regarding incompetent Estate Agents which is the subject of the this thread.

She obviously knows what she is talking about regarding selective marketing to a defined customer base and I'm afraid CIM, once again, it has gone clean over your head. :doh:

Forum member Doreen saw the relevance of WeeJake's posts and responded accordingly in post #104.

Can I therefore suggest that you either take your blinkers off or just carry on in your sad little life trying to flog repossessions / property bargains to hard-up holidaymakers.

CIM
13-07-2011, 11:49
Goad goad goad, snidey remark, snidey remark, attention seeking here, attention seeking there, bah blah blah, I have nothing to add to the conversation. I am just here to "wind people up" because I am such a "character" snivel snivel!

Give it a rest Jim you dullard...

OK - Iīll put this silly idea to rest that an agency can simply target the minute multi-million property market in Tenerife, serve it well, disregard everything else and do very nicely for themselves....

Targeting such a tiny niche is something almost all agents here do anyways to some extent, see here for example:
Most expensive villa in Tenerife for sale (http://tenerifeestateagents.net/the-most-expensive-villa-in-tenerife-for-sale-for-a-cool-6000000/)
Concentrating on such a niche to the extent that you neglect the rest of your target market would put any agent out of business very quickly - which is why anyone who has done this, is no longer around.

Sothebys have been mentioned as a yardstick - someone should do something here similar to Sothebys or what is here akin to Sothebys... so lets look at what Sothebys do.

In Spain they have 644 property listings.

The highest priced property is 50,000,000€ - sounds promising for WeeJackīs "theory"
Their lowest priced property in Spain is 200,000€. That seems to be their floor, hardly concentrating on the millionaires then....

Internationally their highest priced property is 82,000,000€ - again, looking good for the "target the rich and only the rich" theory...
Internationally their lowest priced property is 16,000€... Oh dear...

Seems Sothebyīs donīt just target the higher end of the market after all and that all this nonsense about doing such on this thread is exactly that - nonsense!

YOUNG GOLFER
13-07-2011, 11:57
Whats a dullard?

CIM
13-07-2011, 11:58
Whats a dullard?
Here is a link (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?371-Jimandsi)

MrHippo
13-07-2011, 12:03
is "dullard" some technical term estate agents/mortgage brokers use that we, the general public donīt know about?

Tom & Sharon
13-07-2011, 12:03
Here is a link (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?371-Jimandsi):crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::c rylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

YOUNG GOLFER
13-07-2011, 12:17
Whats a dullard?

i found something....

dullard: a person who is not very bright; a person who evokes boredom.

Suej
13-07-2011, 12:35
i found something....

dullard: a person who is not very bright; a person who evokes boredom.

That lets us lot out then!:raspberry: Nice word that YG!

sweano
13-07-2011, 17:21
another thread turned into a slanging match?????

Jimandsi
13-07-2011, 17:25
Yup - CIM certainly has a lot of spare time on his hands !

fonica
13-07-2011, 17:51
I have a Seat Cordoba 2010 car for sale.It is the best one on the island and I want 12,000 € for it. My neighbour has a Seat Cordoba 2010 car for sale, also the best one on the island.She wants 8,000€ for her car. Juan sells cars and for some reason the lazy idiot doesn't want to put my car in his showroom however he has put my neighbours car in there. I can't understand it. He must be incompetent etc.etc.etc.,just like the estate agents around here.

Zara
13-07-2011, 18:31
I have a Seat Cordoba 2010 car for sale.It is the best one on the island and I want 12,000 € for it. My neighbour has a Seat Cordoba 2010 car for sale, also the best one on the island.She wants 8,000€ for her car. Juan sells cars and for some reason the lazy idiot doesn't want to put my car in his showroom however he has put my neighbours car in there. I can't understand it. He must be incompetent etc.etc.etc.,just like the estate agents around here.

But yours has leather seats, alloy wheels, metallic paint, self-parking system, cruise control and IPod/MP3 interface :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Jimandsi
13-07-2011, 19:12

Then tell Juan to shove off and find a car dealer who has respect, professionalism, a decent showroom and a list of people wanting to buy a quality car like yours.

Simples.

Jimandsi
13-07-2011, 19:30
Why do people have a problem with this and how can people possibly disagree with this???!

Could it be that so called "Estate Agents" are known to tell porkie pies, I wonder :crylaughing:

TOTO 99
13-07-2011, 19:42
I have to say the title of the thread is unfair....... i have been a member now on this forum for a while and i don't like being labeled incompetent....maybe a little thought could of gone into the title...and i would like to add as i do pay to advertise my business on here(because i support the forum) i think a person like yourself mike you show a little more respect.

YG are you trying to get me thrown off?.......oh, it's gone dark..where am I?...oh hello reggie, hello cheese...:)

CIM
13-07-2011, 19:55
Yes Tony, JimtheSnide will be ever so pleased with himself and delighted to have objectionable language removed up yet another thread with his snide comments, cutting remarks and all round nastiness - well done JimtheSnide, so good to have you "contributing" to the forum....

Jimandsi
13-07-2011, 19:57
So tell me then YG .....

Why have you waited in excess of 13 days before deciding to complain about a thread title ?

YOUNG GOLFER
13-07-2011, 19:59
So tell me then YG .....

Why have you waited in excess of 13 days before deciding to complain about a thread title ?

this is simple trolling.............you are adding nothing JUST TROLLING.

Zara
13-07-2011, 20:00
Yes Tony, JimtheSnide will be ever so pleased with himself and delighted to have swearing/objectionable language removed from quote up yet another thread with his snide comments, cutting remarks and all round nastiness - well done JimtheSnide, so good to have you "contributing" to the forum....

I can only assume the unacceptable language filter is not working :whistle:

caroletenerife
13-07-2011, 20:08
So tell me then YG .....

Hes been tooooo busy selling luxury villas to the wrong sort and making loads of dosh:lol::lol::lol::lol:

onelegnofeet
14-07-2011, 11:56
Rose456 ,just trying to be helpful ,it says PM (private message ) .The owner/manager doesnt reply or read back normally on the forum .Hope this helps

sundownersvince
14-07-2011, 12:47
Shut up Vince you idiot, you have no idea of anyones circumstances that reads that paper, my mum who cares full time for my brain damaged dad reads it and didnīt buy it in Iceland, i dropped it off for her on Sunday on her request, who are you insulting? me for buying it on her request or her for asking for me to buy it ???

I have not insulted you at all. You, however, have insulted me. Your post was made at 03.01am, I guess that may have had something to do with it? :drinking:

Susief
14-07-2011, 20:02
I have not insulted you at all. You, however, have insulted me. Your post was made at 03.01am, I guess that may have had something to do with it? :drinking:

Wouldn't take it personally the cheap 19c cans would be talking! Keyboard warriors!

Jackie
16-07-2011, 10:48
Rose456 ,just trying to be helpful ,it says PM (private message ) .The owner/manager doesnt reply or read back normally on the forum .Hope this helps

also Jessica why would you be looking for work when you are going back to the UK? unless of course it is to raise funds to take your dog and two cats with you that you are offering free to a good home on the forum???