PDA

View Full Version : Adeje's latest sports centre 30% finished

bonitatime
08-09-2011, 13:41
http://www.eldia.es/2011-09-08/sur/0-obras-nuevo-complejo-polideportivo-buen-ritmo.htm

Work on the new sports centre being built in the El Galeón area, in Adeje are continuing on time. And the town hall is sure it will be finished “shortly”.
The assistant mayor, Ermitas Moreiras, together with the councillors for sport and building works inspected the area yesterday where they observer on of the four wooden structures being installed. This item weighs 8 metric tonnes and will be part of the future roof of the centre.
The municipal project, for which work started last March, is more than 30% finished. It has an investment value of 9 million Euros.
With this centre we hope for fulfil “the needs of all possible users with a sports offering adequate for all ages and physical conditions”. They have therefore designed an full range of possible activities which can be carried out in the centre “with especial effort being made for activities to be aimed at young children, teens, adults and OAP's”, stated sports staff member, Adolfo Alonso.

KirstyJay
09-09-2011, 15:02
I have been going here in the mornings for my swim this past week. The pool's busy in the afternoons, so I have changed my swim time :D

It's obviously getting a lot of use! As a resident of Guia de Isora, rather than Adeje, it costs me 28€ for 10 swims. I didn't need to matriculate, just show my NIE.

Not as cheap as Guia pool, but it'll do while it's closed :)