PDA

View Full Version : When the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

cainaries
08-09-2011, 20:32
Today .. in the same post ... OH received a tax refund and a tax demand. I suggested he sent the refund to the office sending the demand but he prefers to cash in the refund and wait and see what happens to the tax demand. We understand none of it.

Any other examples of joined up government?

timmylish
09-09-2011, 00:44
Having a similar problem with the UK tax people. I have not undertaken any form of work or been in employment in the UK for a number of years but have received a demand from the Self employed gang for last year and the PAYE gang for this year! I,ve sent them both the same letter and copies of their respective demands in July. Guess what. No answer, as yet!

cainaries
09-09-2011, 08:49
Having a similar problem with the UK tax people. I have not undertaken any form of work or been in employment in the UK for a number of years but have received a demand from the Self employed gang for last year and the PAYE gang for this year! I,ve sent them both the same letter and copies of their respective demands in July. Guess what. No answer, as yet!

OH has had a lot of problems with them but he didn't fill in the form you're supposed to fill in when you leave the country. I was Miss Goody-Two-Shoes and did it all properly and they haven't hounded me much.

timmylish
09-09-2011, 14:03
OH has had a lot of problems with them but he didn't fill in the form you're supposed to fill in when you leave the country. I was Miss Goody-Two-Shoes and did it all properly and they haven't hounded me much.

Aye, but I left the UK 23 years ago!

cainaries
09-09-2011, 15:49
Aye, but I left the UK 23 years ago!
I'm not sure I should ask any more, timmylish. Even longer saga than OH's by the sound of it.