PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Bars The Red Lion, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

Jackie
07-09-2011, 18:22
OK I am probably going to be accused of 'sticking up' for this place because my daughter works there but as my daughter works there during the day and you have accused her of 'shoddy service' I am going to jump in. There is one girl working during the day...my daughter NOT two girls so you obviously didn't pay much attention when you did go in. There is also the cook in the kitchen, who is either cooking, washing up or preparing food. She does on the odd occasion when quiet sit outside in the fresh air with a bottle of water but then who can blame her when working in a hot kitchen in this heat all day.

I will challenge you to go there at 9 in the morning until 5 at night when my daughter finishes and see just how hard she has to work. Apart from serving mostly very happy customers and the odd miserable bugger with food and drink all day, she also has to fill the fridges etc deal with and pay for the deliveries of beer,food etc. I normally meet her from work every night as I finish earlier than her and I can assure you she doesn't even stand and talk to me. As soon as a customer walks in she goes to their table and takes their orders and always asks them if everything is alright with their meal etc. What are you suggesting that once all the customers that are in there have been served that the cook and my daughter are not allowed to talk to each other.:confused:

I just find it strange that people have the balls to complain on a forum while sitting behind a computer but fail to voice their complaints face to face with people. If I had a problem with the service/food etc, be it in a restaurant, bar or shop I would let the owner/management or staff know of my concern. At least that way if it is a genuine complaint and not just someone trying to pick holes they have the opportunity to put it right. I think some people try to find problems with any new establishment even when there are none there.

michele
07-09-2011, 19:26
:yum:sounds good to us ...prices not bad for were it is ...def will have a walk down in december...we noticed that area was very quiet..dec/jan this year...we love going to raymonds up from taxi rank . good food and great spanish staff..for my 50th raymond got a hugh cake and every one sang happy birthday and dec gone we were round the pool it was lovely and hot xmas day then went to raymonds on the night brill time ..michele x

robntoni
08-09-2011, 02:06
Jackie, I couldn't care less whether your daugther works there or not. This is a thread about opinions and I posted mine. If you don't like that then I suggest you don't read this thread in case you come across another negative opinion that causes you to become rude an offensive to other posters.

tonypub
08-09-2011, 03:05
Jackie, I couldn't care less whether your daugther works there or not. This is a thread about opinions and I posted mine. If you don't like that then I suggest you don't read this thread in case you come across another negative opinion that causes you to become rude an offensive to other posters.to be fair,jackie does state shes biased:spin:

Jackie
08-09-2011, 07:20
At the end of the day robntoni's post is now personal to me as he/they have insulted my daughter, something that I will not tollerate, so if you found my post rude and offensive as you put it ....tough. She works her **** off in that place and like I said sit there from 9 in the morning until 5 in the evening and see how hard she works along with the rest of the staff there. The owner is not stupid and has in the past got rid of staff that have not met his standard/level of work. Just seems strange to me that my daughter has worked there since it has opened and is the longest serving member of staff so she must be doing something right. It just seems strange that someone that has been in there 'a handful of times' has made such comments.

On a second note I would be interested to know what day/days you went in there as my daughter has had more than her normal one day off out of seven recently as she is also studying. If by any chance you visited on her day off then I will apologise to you but still have the same sentiments regarding voicing your opinions on a forum and not to the people that matter.

robntoni
08-09-2011, 07:32
Get over yourself. If I come across a thread on a public discussion forum that invites opinion, then I'll consider myself able to post my own opinion - without giving a rat's ass if someone's loony mother happens to dislike what I've got to say. I'm done talking to you.

Jackie
08-09-2011, 07:51
Be brave and go and complain face to face to the management then if you feel your comments are justified, but I very much doubt you will, it's less hassle to complain on a forum

candy2411
08-09-2011, 09:00
The poster obviously didn't feel a complaint to the management was warranted, and why should he/they?

this situation happens everywhere, customers don't always complain, what's the point it doesnt't change anything.What does happen is though you pass comment to each other and probably don't go there again. Let's face it there are plenty of other places to try.

Robntoni was making a comment on a public forum which they're entitled to, YOU made it personal. I fully understand you being protective of your daughter, but she's an adult and probably doesn't appreciate your interference.

Jackie
08-09-2011, 19:54
The poster obviously didn't feel a complaint to the management was warranted, and why should he/they?

this situation happens everywhere, customers don't always complain, what's the point it doesnt't change anything.What does happen is though you pass comment to each other and probably don't go there again. Let's face it there are plenty of other places to try.

Robntoni was making a comment on a public forum which they're entitled to, YOU made it personal. I fully understand you being protective of your daughter, but she's an adult and probably doesn't appreciate your interference.

Robntoni made it personal by the comment of 'loony mother', can't see where I insulted him or called him names anywhere??? Sorry Candy I don't care how old my kids are they will always have my protection, and as my daughter is not a member on here she does actually appreciate my 'interference' as you put it for the simple reason as I have said she works her butt off in that place and the comment of 'shoddy service' actually made her very angry.

TOTO 99
08-09-2011, 20:11
Jackie, nobody is getting personal in the way you think they are. I have no argument with anyone on this thread and I honestly don't personally know any of the posters. I got a roasting from the mods because I tried to come to the aid of a review thread for a business which was being seriously and obviously bombarded with bad comments from newbies. I had no choice but accept my roasting even though I didn't agree with it. I was told in no uncertain terms that there had to be a balance of both good and negative. You are now faced with the same dilema. You have to accept that not everyone thinks it's great. If you don't, it will just boil down to a "don't you dare say anything against" thread. You can't possibly think that everyone will love the place surely? Nobody would have mentioned your daughter if you hadn't. There was no malice intended.

Jackie
08-09-2011, 20:36
Jackie, nobody is getting personal in the way you think they are. I have no argument with anyone on this thread and I honestly don't personally know any of the posters. I got a roasting from the mods because I tried to come to the aid of a review thread for a business which was being seriously and obviously bombarded with bad comments from newbies. I had no choice but accept my roasting even though I didn't agree with it. I was told in no uncertain terms that there had to be a balance of both good and negative. You are now faced with the same dilema. You have to accept that not everyone thinks it's great. If you don't, it will just boil down to a "don't you dare say anything against" thread. You can't possibly think that everyone will love the place surely? Nobody would have mentioned your daughter if you hadn't. There was no malice intended.

TOTO I completely understand what you are saying and I am not saying everyone has to like the place. My one grievance with ANY thread regarding a business is the fact that people are too quick to write bad comments on a public forum without saying a word to the owners/management of the places they are writing about. Fair enough if they make a complaint and it is not dealt with in any way then mention it on a forum but stating that the establishment was given a chance to put the problem right in the first place but failed. The reason I mentioned my daughter is because it was obviously her that robntoni was talking about regarding shoddy service, unless as I have said it was on one of her very rare days off. I am sorry but I am not going to sit here and read such comments when I know that it is my daughter being spoken about and the comments are 100% untrue, her daily tips alone prove that, because if I ever received shoddy service anywhere not only would I complain I would not leave a tip. It is all very well people like Candy saying what is the point in customers complaining as it doesn't change anything but how does anyone know it wont change anything if they can't be bothered making the complaint in the first place.

candy2411
08-09-2011, 21:15
Jackie, the reason I said YOU made it personal was the fact you posted that the waitress was your daughter! If you hadn't mentioned that fact then nobody would have been any the wiser.

I work in customer relations and believe me there are lots of 'professional ' complainers out there who like nothing better than to see what they can make out of a situation. It's very sad but true and that's why I've already said on another thread that it would have to be really serious for me to ever complain to staff or management as I would never want the tag I was after a free drink or meal. I would just prefer to take my business elsewhere.

No hard feelings I hope Jackie, I'm sure your daughter thinks you're a 'foxy' mum! If I had a daughter I'd probably be the same as you !

admin
08-09-2011, 22:08
Jackie... Candy is correct. A review thread is just that - for reviews. There will be good ones and bad ones. This is the nature of reviews and you have to allows them and accept them in order to get a cross-sectional view of any establishment.

I know you stated your reply might be biased, but really as soon as you mention that you are defending your daughter as a worker of said establishment and that your point is that you think reviewers should talk to the establishment if they have a problem in the first instance, then your post becomes a different point entirely and therefore off topic. I'm sure the Red Lion or your daughter would not want the previous 2 pages of posts on their review thread for all eternity, so I have moved them to the off topic forum ;)

I applaud you for wanting to stick up for your family, however as you stated yourself, it may have been on your daughter's day off, so you comments may be wholly unwarranted... and the discussion is turning into something more, along the lines of 'why not complain in the establishment' rather than a review, which should infer a new topic.

As said before, reviews are reviews. Anyone is entitled to their opinion, however the overall impression of an establishment will be apparent from the WHOLE thread, just as eBay's reviews show the overall trust rating of a buyer or seller. Please try and keep a reviews thread for reviews. Do not take it personally, and if you have a problem with a review on a personal level, please PM the OP rather than opening up a debate on the open thread that does nothing but drag the review off topic.