PDA

View Full Version : Editing Post Issue.

orphias
08-09-2011, 23:26
Dear moderators

there is an issue with trying to edit my post in the wanted section, result is no textcomes up to edit.

username orphias

Thanks.

Carol55
09-09-2011, 08:59
Dear moderators

there is an issue with trying to edit my post in the wanted section, result is no textcomes up to edit.

username orphias.
Thanks.

As in the words of the song by the "Enemy"....

Your not all alone you know
Your not all alone at all.

As far as I can remember its a teething problem with the forum's present set up and the powers to be are working on it.:)

KirstyJay
09-09-2011, 14:23
And I think I remember that it has been mentioned before that this is a problem with the CKEditor that was included in the latest upgrade of the forum and Internet Explorer.

If you use internet Explorer, try a different browser. If you don't, then please update this thread with which browser you are using. :)

orphias
09-09-2011, 21:49
Can it be fixed soon! please as we would like to use the forum.

Thanks you.

admin
09-09-2011, 23:19
Can it be fixed soon! please as we would like to use the forum.

Thanks you.Only when VBulletin update the software with a fix, so as you have not answered the question above yours, there's nothing we can do to help.

And I think I remember that it has been mentioned before that this is a problem with the CKEditor that was included in the latest upgrade of the forum and Internet Explorer.

If you use internet Explorer, try a different browser. If you don't, then please update this thread with which browser you are using. :)

Please re-read the post and reply. Thanks :)

Carol55
09-09-2011, 23:28
Only when VBulletin update the software with a fix, so as you have not answered the question above yours, there's nothing we can do to help.

Please re-read the post and reply. Thanks :)

Ecky Thump and I share the same computer, we are using Internet Explorer, when he is logged onto the forum, he can not edit his posts, whereas I can edit mine.:confused:

Added after 3 minutes:

Ecky Thump and I share the same computer, we are using Internet Explorer, when he is logged onto the forum, he can not edit his posts, whereas I can edit mine.:confused:

I withdraw that statement as I have just tried to edit the post, guess what, I cant!
It seems to be a intermittent problem.

orphias
10-09-2011, 22:37
Come on guys were really trying to communicate with others on this forum please!! solve the editing issue

thanks.

admin
10-09-2011, 23:18
Once again, can you please provide the information asked for above. Things like this could have a million causes. Without information, I'm afraid nothing can even be looked at. Thanks :)

COL NIL SATIS
11-09-2011, 23:24
Come on guys were really trying to communicate with others on this forum please!! solve the editing issue

thanks.

You have been asked twice ...What Browser are you using to view the Forum ?

Until you answer that you will receive 0 help

marbro8
05-06-2012, 17:22
there is still an issue with editing posts, my browser is internet explorer

slodgedad
05-06-2012, 17:31

As has been said, on numerous occasions, we, and many other sites, are still having problems with IE.

Personally, I'm always amazed that people still use it as their default browser.

starling
05-06-2012, 20:32
I had similar problems, but they vanished when I switched to Google Chrome....... Might be worth a try if you haven't already?

nigelmercier
05-06-2012, 23:41
You have been asked twice ...What Browser are you using to view the Forum ?

Until you answer that you will receive 0 help

A bit harsh? The OP was not asked to say which browser was in use, unless it wasn't IE. Also, what "the question above yours" mean? There is no question "above", unless the forum settings have been customised, the replies are all below. Finally, admins can surely tell what client is in use, I certainly can on the forum I administer.

I have also experienced editing problems with IE9, I can edit OK, but the text is often duplicated so it looks like I have repeated a phrase.

karinagal
06-06-2012, 00:40
A bit harsh? The OP was not asked to say which browser was in use, unless it wasn't IE. Also, what "the question above yours" mean? There is no question "above", unless the forum settings have been customised, the replies are all below. Finally, admins can surely tell what client is in use, I certainly can on the forum I administer.

I have also experienced editing problems with IE9, I can edit OK, but the text is often duplicated so it looks like I have repeated a phrase.

The OP was advised by Kirsty's post that there was a known problem with IE and suggesting that the OP try a different browser and report back if there was still a problem. The OP then came back asking if it could be fixed soon without saying if they were using IE still or if they had tried another browser.. So in context, Col Nil Satis's comment was not as harsh as it would appear.. The 'question above' referred to was the one that Kirsty had requested that they 'try another browser and get back to us if there's still a problem'.....

The undisputed queen of de-nial