PDA

View Full Version : Hero shopkeeper shot as he sees off gunman

redarrow
06-09-2011, 10:55
I have just heard that Premier behind the Vulcano has been robbed. Dennis the owner has been taken to hospital, but should be OK. He apparently has gun shot wound to his arm.

Keep aware people. I'll probably see if he's OK later.

karinagal
06-09-2011, 10:59
That's shocking.. I don't know him but I will keep him in my prayers for a full and speedy recovery. No-one should have to face that kind of threat or violence..

bonitatime
06-09-2011, 13:13
Thats scary. Hope he is ok and you take care.

redarrow
06-09-2011, 13:51
We phoned Dennis at the hospital. He has been advised to go for treatment in Santa Cruz, but he's hoping they can give him treatment down here.

TenerifeFanatic
06-09-2011, 14:17
We phoned Dennis at the hospital. He has been advised to go for treatment in Santa Cruz, but he's hoping they can give him treatment down here.Poor Dennis!! That is absolutely shocking!! He must have been so shaken up by this terrible incident! You certainly do not know what people are up to and carrying when you pass them in the streets. Please give my best wishes to Dennis, he is a top guy!!:wave:

redarrow
06-09-2011, 18:03
Just called Dennis again. Thankfully there was no significant damage to his arm, and the robber was unsuccessful.

Dennis asked me to thank everybody who has shown concern, and that he'll be back in business as usual on Thursday.

What a trooper!

TIS
06-09-2011, 18:17
Hard to believe this sort of thing happens on a small island with armed police.

Glad to hear Dennis is okay AND the robbers were unsuccesful.

AL JAY
06-09-2011, 18:21
Im so glad to hear Dennis is ok but what a terrible ordeal for him to go through,I wish you well Dennis and just wished the scumbag had been caught!

marbro8
06-09-2011, 18:29
Just called Dennis again. Thankfully there was no significant damage to his arm, and the robber was unsuccessful.

Dennis asked me to thank everybody who has shown concern, and that he'll be back in business as usual on Thursday.

What a trooper!the trouble is bob if they were that desperate to use a gun on a small island with armed police, and they were unsuccessful then they are going to try again, and next time there may be a fatality:(, and i have been in a few exchange places and the security isn't the best in the world, just be vigilant mate and be safe;);)

warbey
06-09-2011, 18:31
Thats Horrible. Armed robbery for a few Thousand at best I should think.
I too hope the Person is caught
Would any available CCTV be allowed on this Thread.?
A split second may help if He has another go...

redarrow
07-09-2011, 16:26
Thats Horrible. Armed robbery for a few Thousand at best I should think.
I too hope the Person is caught
Would any available CCTV be allowed on this Thread.?
A split second may help if He has another go...

Reports in the paper say that the robber used a taxi after changing his clothes in the Safari Centre toilet. Unbeknown to him it was one of the only taxis' in the south of Tenerife to have an onboard camera. Let's hope they close in on him soon.

Canarian Weekly
09-09-2011, 17:10
Money-exchange shops are targeted by masked bandit. A BRAVE 58-year-old British businessman, who faced up to an armed robber in his shop, was shot in the arm in Playa de Las Americas on Tuesday. The frightening incident happened at the money-exchange shop Premier UK Excursions, in Paseo de Las Tosqueras, at the back of the [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/hero-shopkeeper-shot-as-he-sees-off-gunman/)

Jimandsi
09-09-2011, 18:42
I'll bet it's the same person doing all these armed robberies.

Jimandsi
11-09-2011, 21:24
Any update on this ?

warbey
13-09-2011, 19:07
Any developments........ I read something about a Gunman in a Taxi elsewhere

imablue
13-09-2011, 21:04
Any developments........ I read something about a Gunman in a Taxi elsewhere

yeah there are some Bandits around....and
most of them are sitting in the drivers seat .......:D