PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Tennis US Open semi final Murray v Nadal

candy2411
10-09-2011, 09:01
All tennis fans will no doubt know semi final tonight is Murray v Nadal

just not sure who I'm supporting....think they're both amazing, gonna be a difficult match to watch:cheer:

great respect for both:respect:

timmylish
10-09-2011, 15:29
I,m probably this Forum,s main Murray supporter. Again he,s done well to get here and set a new record by being only the SEVENTH ever, men,s player, to reach all four of the biggie semi finals in the same season/year. Federer is the only other current player to have achieved this. However Andy has still to achieve his ambition to win a "Slam". tbh I don,t think he,ll beat Rafa to-night BUT if he did then I do think he would win the Title on Monday!

candy2411
10-09-2011, 18:19
I'm a big Murray fan and never could understand why a lot of people don't like him.

OK he made a silly remark a few years ago about the England football team, but he was about 18 I think at the time and it was quite a few years ago.

Whenever I see him being interviewed these days he seems so down to earth and extremely modest given his talent and achievements to date.

He's been ranked 3rd or 4th in the world at his sport for quite a time now, I think at one point he was actually 2nd and this is quite amazing, and yet there are some people who don't rate him for one reason or another. The logic escapes me!

Should be a great match tonight and may the best man win. Both sportsmen , Andy M and Rafa are stars of their sport and wonderful role models for young fans, which is more than can be said of the English football team.I can't even remember what it was Murray said that offended people so best forgotten I say

timmylish
11-09-2011, 02:10
Well that,s it again, for another year. He is fourth in the World ahead of many, many talented individuals but, for the moment his problem is that there are three guys in the world better than him. No disgrace in that.