PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Farmers markets in South Tenerife?

eggletonjo
10-09-2011, 09:53
Hi, does anyone know where and when the farmers markets take place in the South of the island,
thanks

lancslass
10-09-2011, 11:04
hi there are 2 farmers market at present that i know of

las chafiras (opposite coca cola depot) on saturdays & sundays only till 2pm i think but the stalls pack away earlier some times.

adeje opposite makros not far from mercadona & macdonalds saturday & sundays again same times as the other.

i think they are opening one soon in valle san lorenzo hope this has helped.

KirstyJay
10-09-2011, 11:19
There's one in Guia de Isora plaza every saturday until about 2pm. :)

Saltnpepper
10-09-2011, 13:51
There's also one just off the TF-1 at the San Isidro/El Médano junction on Saturday mornings, prob Sundays as well but don't know for sure. At the big new roundabout as you come off the motorway, turn down towards El Médano & turn left & go behind the petrol station, literally 50m down the road.

Suej
10-09-2011, 13:54
There's also one just off the TF-1 at the San Isidro/El Médano junction on Saturday mornings, prob Sundays as well but don't know for sure. At the big new roundabout as you come off the motorway, turn down towards El Médano & turn left & go behind the petrol station, literally 50m down the road.

This is an excellent market the produce is brilliant!:)

Saltnpepper
10-09-2011, 14:01
Called in at Las Chafiras farmers market today & one stall had RED bananas for sale which I'd never seen before! They also had yellow calabacin which are also different ... today & tomorrow (10th & 11th Sept) there are also some stalls set up in the car park with end of season stock from some of the shops in San Miguel. Grab a bargain! Great play area for the kids as well to keep them happy while the parents are shopping ...

obs
10-09-2011, 15:16
hi there are 2 farmers market at present that i know of

las chafiras (opposite coca cola depot) on saturdays & sundays only till 2pm i think but the stalls pack away earlier some times.

adeje opposite makros not far from mercadona & macdonalds saturday & sundays again same times as the other.

i think they are opening one soon in valle san lorenzo hope this has helped.

Already got one in Valle, down the hill at the side of Pilar supermacado, on the left, Saturdays and Sundays till about 1, 1:30 .

The new market is being built now, behind the petrol station in Valle. I will let you all know when it opens. :)

Saltnpepper
10-09-2011, 16:40
Didn't know that obs, thanks for the info