PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Information wanted on fishing near Fish-Farms in Tenerife

Sam
06-06-2011, 20:10
I was wondering about the types of fish that are around them fish farms , i know you are not allowed to fish within something like 50 yards of them but i have heard that there are alot of fish like manta ray bream amberjack around there because they also feed of the food that the fish in the fish farms do. So if anyone could help me with bait , rigs , types of fish etc.. i would be very grateful Thanks,
Sam,

tonypub
06-06-2011, 20:15
i find the electro-shock method works fine,but take a big boat for your catch.good luck

Apollo
06-06-2011, 20:20
A friend of mine worked for the fish farms here and took me out in a boat not so long ago.

That day they caught Dorada and Seabass.
All around the actual farms it was swarming with them.

I dont know what about the laws of fishing near them though, there are frequently boats that go out and so I dont know if you would get into trouble. Quite possibly as it is so easy to catch them that surely everyone would be doing it if it was legal???

Hope you get the info you are after :)

howard thornton
06-06-2011, 20:27
I was wondering about the types of fish that are around them fish farms , i know you are not allowed to fish within something like 50 yards of them but i have heard that there are alot of fish like manta ray bream amberjack around there because they also feed of the food that the fish in the fish farms do. So if anyone could help me with bait , rigs , types of fish etc.. i would be very grateful Thanks,
Sam,

i sugest you send a pm to mick da boat,he will know.

divedog
29-06-2011, 11:16
if i was you i would get a good jiging rod 50 lb braid and 4/8 inch jigs or a 3way swivle with a 8 oz lead or hever depends on the tide with a fresh dead bait . and if you have a good fish finder even beter . and the fish farms have yellow boys around you must stay out of the primiter but a good spiner or a big fiy cast to the farm and back wow on a fly rod .good luck