PDA

View Full Version : Internet Who's the best internet provider in Tenerife?

popsybear
11-09-2011, 08:44
what in your opinion is the best company for good internet speed. been with direct telecom for a few years but only get about 2mb,so time for a change. ive seen ONO advertised alot. is anyone with this company and are they any good. thanks

eggletonjo
11-09-2011, 09:29
Hi, before you change your internet get direct telecom to check the internet speed available to you, i live in Los Cristianos and have been told that at the moment the fastest internet i can get is 2mb, so it makes no difference who the provider is.

slodgedad
11-09-2011, 10:03
what in your opinion is the best company for good internet speed. been with direct telecom for a few years but only get about 2mb,so time for a change. ive seen ONO advertised alot. is anyone with this company and are they any good. thanks

If that's all you get with DT you're unlikely to get any faster with anyone else as the lines rule your speed as much as anything, which is why adverts say 'Up to' as no one can guarantee a speed.

I'm with Direct Telecom and get 6.

lesbroz
11-09-2011, 16:37
Does anyone know what speed is available in Callao Salvaje?

slodgedad
11-09-2011, 17:09
Does anyone know what speed is available in Callao Salvaje?

Next to nothing..Service in Callao at the moment is dire..

Stoney
11-09-2011, 17:17
Go to a Movistar shop and give them your address tell them you are thinking about getting the internet, they can check with Telefonica about what speed is available at you address.

KirstyJay
11-09-2011, 17:41
Go to a Movistar shop and give them your address tell them you are thinking about getting the internet, they can check with Telefonica about what speed is available at you address.

Or you can check it online...

http://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada%2Brd_coberturas%2Bv_segmento%2BAHOG%2Bv _idioma%2Bes%2Bmenu_izq%2B2%2BambitoAcceso%2Bpub,0 0.html?uri=/no/servlet/no32hojg&v_segmento=AHOG
http://bandaancha.eu/localizar-central-telefonica

Stoney
11-09-2011, 17:52
Hey Kirstie, just tried both those links using my phone number, said we could get 6 mg. I wish that was true we can only get 1 mg had telefonica engineer check the line out as well, we are too far away from the exchange to get that service.

cressrt
11-09-2011, 19:21
I've mentioned them before, WiFi Canarias. They now cover Callao Salvaje, you gat what you pay for, we signed up for 3MB and are very happy with the service. We live in a rural area and cannot get a proper land line, but have a Telefonica Trac line which is a mobile charged at land line rates. We never thought we would be able to get a decent Internet signal but WiFi Canarias came to our help. They will demonstrate to you what you can receive in your house BEFORE you sign up to anything. What have you got to lose!

Stoney
11-09-2011, 19:24
Hey good post, will give them a try what are they charging cheers

KirstyJay
11-09-2011, 19:40
Hey Kirstie, just tried both those links using my phone number, said we could get 6 mg. I wish that was true we can only get 1 mg had telefonica engineer check the line out as well, we are too far away from the exchange to get that service.Sounds like you live next door to me then ;) :D

Stoney
11-09-2011, 19:45
Hi neighbour

sako1
10-11-2011, 12:18
hi there
could anyone tell me who the best internet provider is on the island

i would also like it installed quick without waiting weeks lol

anyone know and prices also

stevem
11-11-2011, 14:12
i would also like it installed quick without waiting weeks lol

Good Luck with that!!! lol

Stoney
11-11-2011, 14:51
You will find that there are two chances of getting anything done in Tenerife quickly, the first is slim and the other is none. Telefonica run all the phone lines in Tenerife and they take anything upto 20 days to instal lines, if all the paperwork is correct and they don't **** it up like normal. Then you have to wait for the internet connection, mine took 6 days after the line was installed. Was told we would get 3 mg and all we get is 1, cost is approx 14 Euro for the line and it depends on what mg you want to pay for. They do 1, 3, 6 and 12 mg packages go onto Movistar website thay show all the packages. Direct Telecon also do internet packages but you will still need a telefonica line, they will do all the ordering for you but it is no quicker. Premier Satellites also offer a package that includes phone, English Tv and internet think its about 40 Euros, not sure how that one works though. If you do use Telefonica make sure you get them to check what mg you can expect at your address, don't just pick the best packages you will end up paying for something you can't receive. If you speak Spanish fluently ring them, they will pass you onto the technical dept who are the only people who will tell you what you will get, not what you can expect. Good luck

Harlequin
23-12-2011, 12:43
Hi Stoney

A realistic view of what to expect I think. Under CMT guidelines it can take up to 20 days to have a line installed and ADSL activated. However, we're seeing some, the majority, go through in just a few days which is good.

As for pricing... well, it all depends on what the customer needs. Our most popular package retails at 47.90€ which may seem high but includes everything and also unlimited UK and Europe wide calls.

Other packages are available, we can even customise a package for specific requirements and I've also asked for a specific package that only we can sell and no other provider offers which should be released soon. in essence it's an 8 Mbit/s ADSL line with no International calls included and the pricing is likely to be extremely competative so watch this space (http://www.tenerifetelecom.com/) for more information...

Cairo
23-12-2011, 15:05
Hey Kirstie, just tried both those links using my phone number, said we could get 6 mg. I wish that was true we can only get 1 mg had telefonica engineer check the line out as well, we are too far away from the exchange to get that service.

Welcome to the 'up to' 1MB club.... I even have dreams of getting 1MB as the best I get it 0.8MB!! Zzzz!

sako1
24-12-2011, 01:07
hi guys i not checked for replys on ere in ages i went down to telefonica and signed up they rung the next day and said they will come and fit it in 20 mins so i was up and runnin in a day

Stoney
24-12-2011, 10:09
Ok Sako1 who are you married too?

sako1
24-12-2011, 14:13
Ok Sako1 who are you married too?

lol not married mate

Stoney
24-12-2011, 14:48
Well if its not that you must work there:)

sako1
24-12-2011, 15:15
lol and heres me thinkin u were gonna propose to me haha

its was same for my mate as well he got it installed in 2 days i think

BoPeep
24-12-2011, 15:26
It took us about 3 weeks to get the line installed then europa took 7 days to deliver our modem and TV box. It took about 15 mins to set up the two boxes and its been great ever since! TV works brilliantly for no cost and internet is consistantly at 6.35 mg.

Europa were brilliant and chased Moviestar for the line installation every other day.

Costs about 48 euros a month for everything.

celine
05-10-2013, 21:02
I know this is an old post (2011 )but wondered if i could get an update for 2013 ...on whos the best/cheapest internet provider for los cristianos..and if they speak english
kindest regards celine:)

mitzi801
05-10-2013, 21:51
yes i would also like to know the cheapest and best package, moving into a studio and have no wifi, so need a good broadband package what i can afford... thanks for any help :wink2:

junglejim
05-10-2013, 22:20
Movistar shops usually speak English their lowest deal comes in around €42 per month .
Plenty of info on the Forum- use search box at top .

http://www.movistar.es/particulares/oferta-combinada/fusion/opciones-tarifas/

mitzi801
05-10-2013, 22:31
oooofffffff someone told me they did a deal at 20 euros p/m?

celine
05-10-2013, 23:21
thankyou very much for the info ,
were out in a few weeks so will call in:thanx:

junglejim
06-10-2013, 10:51
oooofffffff someone told me they did a deal at 20 euros p/m?

Yes, but you have to pay about €14 for the land line plus IGIC Tax -mine works out at €42 per month with free local and national calls .