PDA

View Full Version : Vacancy Female staff wanted in a family bar in Las Americas, Tenerife

ali marshall
11-09-2011, 13:04
Hi, am posting this on behalf a good friend. He is looking for female member of staff to work in his family bar. The bar is situated in Pueblo Canario in Las Americas.

The hours will be 10.30 am to 6pm, 3 to 4 days a week.
Experience in bar and kitchen work is essential, as the bar does a small snack menu.
References also a advantage.

There is one vacany and he would like someone who is bubbly with an outgoing personality and good customer skills.

For a contact number to arrange a interview please pm me

Indigo
11-09-2011, 13:31
PM Sent :)

ors_i
15-09-2011, 12:24
hi,
pm sent

ali marshall
15-09-2011, 17:29
hi,
pm sent

Hi i have not received a pm from you and my inbox was not full,please try again.

warbey
15-09-2011, 20:32
I have no wish to cause offence to Ali or anyone Else, however,
Unless there is very good reason for the vacancy to be specified as Female or Male for that matter
this Post could cause some questions to be asked.
Maybe not yet in Tenerife though.?

ali marshall
15-09-2011, 21:10
Why does it have to be questioned,his bar his choice,i saw waiters job advertised the other day,i did not think,oh need to question why its for waiter not waitress.Would of it been better to me of put staff wanted and mislead people.Shame everything need to be looked into so much on here,if i could work for him i would as he a great bloke and theres nothing behind his decsion.

Jackie
15-09-2011, 21:15
Warbs it is a well known fact that many bars will employ youngish female staff to get the punters in. Where my daughter works you will only find the lads behind the bar in the evenings serving and doing the waitresses orders, the floor staff are all female. If that is what works for places and it gets the customers in then that is what they will do. I don't think sex discrimination out here is anywhere like it is in the UK

christa
15-09-2011, 21:31
I think if you are of the opinion you stand a chance as in, are experienced etc., or are prepared to work hard, why not just try and get an interview? sometimes a great personality, no matter what the gender, can be a great asset to any business. Yes I understand the employers preferences, and why not? after all they are paying the wages! A bit of savvy, gumption, forward thinking, what ever it takes, costs nothing when trying to impress a prospective employer. If I was employing, the fact that someone went out of their way to impress me would count for alot!

ors_i
16-09-2011, 11:13
hi,
i'm interested about the job, can you send me the contact number..thank you

warbey
16-09-2011, 19:29
Thanks Jackie and Christa for Your thoughts.

J was asking a question, and emphasised I wasnt being offensive.
With the high proportion of Unemployed in Tenerife I wondered why
it HAD to be a Female when there are Men qualified too

I guess You are right Jackie, along the lines You described

ali marshall
17-09-2011, 10:50
Can people please pm me if they are intrested,as i do not always look at the thread and i will reply faster if i see i have a pm,thankyou.

ali marshall
21-09-2011, 07:40
Bumping thread as vacancy still avalible.

rebecca1
21-09-2011, 14:06
hi my name is rebecca, yes i know im in england at the moment, but hopefully by the end of the month i will be with you all in the sun , i grew up in pubs and spent most of my time as a market trader so im great with the public ,
the reason im moving is due to a break up, and its the first time in my adult life i can actually do something for me,i have been looking for a holiday, staying for 3,4 weeks with intent to find job and home while there, but as its only me the prices are stupidly high, so ive only just found this site so ive now changed my strategy, hoping to get fulfill my mission lol
could you please consider me if i get over to you, asap,

Jackie
21-09-2011, 21:11
I do believe this vacancy has now been filled :)

slodgedad
21-09-2011, 21:37
I do believe this vacancy has now been filled :)

Are you sure?

The OP only bumped it this morning..

ali marshall
22-09-2011, 11:39
Yes sorry was filled in the afternoon,but was out all day so have not had chance to put anthing on.Thanks for people who did apply.

Added after 2 minutes:

hi my name is rebecca, yes i know im in england at the moment, but hopefully by the end of the month i will be with you all in the sun , i grew up in pubs and spent most of my time as a market trader so im great with the public ,
the reason im moving is due to a break up, and its the first time in my adult life i can actually do something for me,i have been looking for a holiday, staying for 3,4 weeks with intent to find job and home while there, but as its only me the prices are stupidly high, so ive only just found this site so ive now changed my strategy, hoping to get fulfill my mission lol
could you please consider me if i get over to you, asap,

Thanks rebbeca but the job has now been filled,and was only for 22 hours a week,which proberly would not of helped much towards rent etc,you would need to consider full time.If i hear of anything i will pm you and good luck with your move.

slodgedad
22-09-2011, 14:59
Yes sorry was filled in the afternoon,but was out all day so have not had chance to put anthing on.Thanks for people who did apply.

Added after 2 minutes:

Thanks rebbeca but the job has now been filled,and was only for 22 hours a week,which proberly would not of helped much towards rent etc,you would need to consider full time.If i hear of anything i will pm you and good luck with your move.

Thread closed