PDA

View Full Version : Is it easy to park a car near Parque Santiago 3 in Las Americas?

power_scouse
11-09-2011, 20:54
can someone tell me what its like for parking in las americas? im staying in parque santiago 3. does that have any spaces around it with it being a shopping centre? or can you park on the streets without getting tickets?

candy2411
11-09-2011, 21:03
You can't park on the main road outside of PS3, but we usually find spaces in the streets alongside , and there's quite a large parking area at the end of the road from Villa Cortes along to La Siesta, and its all free !

imablue
11-09-2011, 21:18
the road between Conquistador Hotel and PS 1 "usually" has vacant parking spaces also at the rear of PS1....depends on the day and time i suppose.....
as a footnote ..parking in Tenerife is very hazardous what with loading times during working days...and there is always the doubt.. "will i be Grua,d if i park here?" ...be very careful...
Grua is a tow-truck that takes the illegally parked cars to a compound.. very expensive ...double check you park legally ...

Greg
11-09-2011, 23:22
it's almost impossible during the day to park anywhere near Santiago 3. There are a few underground car parks that charge 12€ a day. With the advantage of your car being nice and cool when you come back to it:)

EileenD
11-09-2011, 23:31
In my experience it's usually quite busy in that immediate area, but if you are willing to walk a bit you should find a free space somewhere near. As Greg says the underground car parks always have spaces and have the benefit of a nice cool car!

Andy0210
11-09-2011, 23:59
can someone tell me what its like for parking in las americas? im staying in parque santiago 3. does that have any spaces around it with it being a shopping centre? or can you park on the streets without getting tickets?

it's almost impossible during the day to park anywhere near Santiago 3. There are a few underground car parks that charge 12€ a day. With the advantage of your car being nice and cool when you come back to it:)

12€ a day, two weeks thats almost 170€ for two weeks car parking :wow:

Think it might be time to start renting my dads disabled parking badge out for 75€ a week! :idea:

(joke by the way before anyone starts giving me agro)

seal420
12-09-2011, 09:22
It's possible to buy a 7-day (24 hour) car park pass in some of the underground car parks. I had reason to purchase one a couple of years ago and was around €28. They don't seem to advertise it, just have to enquire at the desk

power_scouse
12-09-2011, 11:01
thanks everone, im not going untill 3rd of december so will it still be busy on the streets in that area then? im only hireing a car to save money but if i have to pay for parking theres no point. might aswell just get taxis everywhere.

anto3
12-09-2011, 11:20
If you are coming from los cris side. pass san telmo come along that road and just when you come to the end before you take the turn for sara there is loads of parking along that road free.Use it all the time