PDA

View Full Version : Please Read Before Posting For Jobs

slodgedad
06-06-2011, 20:17
If you are looking for work please be as descriptive as you can in the thread title and then describe what you are looking for.

No Email or contact details are permitted, all communication must be done via PM, as a spam avoidance measure.

Please refrain from posting CVs, but basic experience is permitted.

Good luck with your Job Search

wildie2601
13-07-2012, 18:59
I have tried to post 3 times and got the post removed i was advised why the first two times because of contact details and being a company well i have now put it on as a perosnal thing and now its been removed again

Please help i am just trying to pick up some work i am not a registered spanish company just a one man band looking to earn a couple of quid why was the post deleted ??????/

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

below is the post i put whats wrong with it ??

Hi My name is John and I have just moved to tenerife I have 10 years experience In painting and decorating and am quite handy with a tool box so any odd jobs you want doing or apartments painting please get in touch I also have a wonderful girlfriend who wants some work cleaning so we would undertake apartment cleaning together have own transport and would provide materials if needed

lots of love hopefully speak soon

regards

John

admin
13-07-2012, 19:11
I have tried to post 3 times and got the post removed i was advised why the first two times because of contact details and being a company well i have now put it on as a perosnal thing and now its been removed again

Please help i am just trying to pick up some work i am not a registered spanish company just a one man band looking to earn a couple of quid why was the post deleted ??????/Posts are deleted for being commercial advertisements. If you read the forum T&Cs (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?89-Tenerife-Forum-Rules) that you are alerted to read before you even make a post by a pop up message, it says the following :

Advertising :

Commercial advertising is not allowed. Commercial advertising is deemed as an advertisement for a business, product or service.
You may not start a thread advertising anything, commercially or non-commercially. You are welcome to reply with information about your product or service if a specific question is asked that would warrant an on topic reply.
Sending other members advertising material by unsolicited PM is considered as spamming. Members who do this may be banned permanently.

So, as you can see, advertising yourself as a handyman is advertising a service which is, whether you are registered as a business or not, a commercial service.

You can advertise yourself in reply to on topic threads, where people are looking for a handyman, or you can put information in your signature, which will then advertise your services every time you post and contribute to any discussion. You may also start a thread in the Tenerife Businesses section announcing your services ONCE only.

So, there are 3 ways you can advertise yourself for free on this forum, however we have to be strict with the rules for commercial advertising, otherwise we would be awash with adverts and there would be no real content.

The forum hosting and software updates are paid for by its advertisers who pay for banners, so if we allow everyone to advertise for free, they tend to get a little upset ;)

Thanks for understanding. :)

slodgedad
01-04-2013, 21:54
I have bumped this thread because of the re editing of posts once personal details have been removed.

When personal details are included I, or another mod, will remove them and approve the post.

If someone re edits the post then it will be, as has been said numerous times before, removed without question.

Continual abuse of this will constitute an infraction.