12-09-2011, 17:08
SUNDAY 18TH
KICK OFF MIDDAY

CD TENERIFE vs CORUXO FC

Coach
Toby Jug - 9.30am
Royal Oak - 9.30am
Los Abrigos - 9.45am

Let´s see if Tenerife can continue their great start to the season against Coruxo FC. This is the club that plays in that stadium just next to the great beach close to Vigo in Galicia. Pic below. It was one of the favourites for an away trip but as the game there falls in February it is a no-go.

http://i55.tinypic.com/fnffv6.jpg

Fred Perry
14-09-2011, 12:57
coach now sold out

Dandy Don
18-09-2011, 13:48
Score, performance and crowd please.

FinnKris
18-09-2011, 13:58
Score (according to the score service I use) 1-0 to Tenerife, goal by Rubén Rosquete in the 56th minute. Away team got red card in 48th minute. No idea about performance & crowd as I couldn't find any live streams even after hunting high n low all over the web.

Dandy Don
18-09-2011, 14:04
I see it finished 1-0.
Another win. :spin:

Match report and crowd please.

Just the one coach going this season FP?

Fred Perry
18-09-2011, 18:10
Another win for the blanquiazules and it is a good habit to be in. Tenerife largely controlled the match and had some good chances in the first half but failed to score. The Coruxo center forward was sent off in the first few minutes of the 2nd half and soon after Tenerife scored their goal through local youngster Rosquette. Most thought the goals would fly in but Coruxo put up a good fight and to be honest they could have sneaked a late equaliser.

Crowd was 10.229 and coach was packed (just 1 coach this season for now anyway).

The fans did get a bit restless in the last 15 minutes or so at the failure of Tenerife to wrpa the game up and stupid fouls were given away. Even a few whistles rung around the Heliodoro despite the score as people thought we should not be holding on against a 10 man side at home. Manager Calderon appeared to be settling for the 1-0 when we should have been pressing for the 2nd/3rd goals and that ofcourse is very risky.

The final whistle blew and relief was the order of the day.

We could stay top depending on CD LUgo, who are currently drawing 0-0 at home with 15 mins left.

Dandy Don
18-09-2011, 19:01
Cheers!

3 points and a 5 figure crowd.
Cant be bad!

bonitatime
18-09-2011, 20:32
The feeling our end was we have been too forgiving in the past and with one man more the team should have finished the game instead of passing the ball from one defender to another. Coruxo equalised in the 93 minute last week.
Still everything finished ok, the changes seemed to be where the team lost their connection and we still have a lot of new players who need time.