PDA

View Full Version : Honey I'm home...

MaxineC
12-09-2011, 18:57
At last, I'm finally home... several litres of blood less, minus some spinal fluid, slight radiation from all the scans (I glow in the dark now :D) and more needle marks than your average junkie... ;)

Lots of horrid tests, but I was a brave girl, and was kept in a little longer than expected after they found I had (totally unrelated) an infection... beats an infraction :rofl:

We think we may have found the route of the problem, but won't be certain until I've been on various different meds for a month or so. Nearly got readmitted after having a heart attack in the pharmacy when they told me the cost of my prescription... On 7 different drugs, one of them costing 95€ :eek: :cry:

Anyway, back home with my very excited pooches and feeling blessed and relieved that nothing 'terrible' came up on the tests.

Many thanks for all the well wishes, cheered me up no end and made a very difficult time bearable. I felt really rather loved ;)

Thanks again xx

fonica
12-09-2011, 19:00
At last, I'm finally home... several litres of blood less, minus some spinal fluid, slight radiation from all the scans (I glow in the dark now :D) and more needle marks than your average junkie... ;)

Lots of horrid tests, but I was a brave girl, and was kept in a little longer than expected after they found I had (totally unrelated) an infection... beats an infraction :rofl:

We think we may have found the route of the problem, but won't be certain until I've been on various different meds for a month or so. Nearly got readmitted after having a heart attack in the pharmacy when they told me the cost of my prescription... On 7 different drugs, one of them costing 95€ :eek: :cry:

Anyway, back home with my very excited pooches and feeling blessed and relieved that nothing 'terrible' came up on the tests.

Many thanks for all the well wishes, cheered me up no end and made a very difficult time bearable. I felt really rather loved ;)

Thanks again xxThe island almost came to a standstill.Did we miss you????? Oh yeah

TOTO 99
12-09-2011, 19:02
That's good news Max, a great relief for you and yours.

You'll probably get run over next week..:D x

MaxineC
12-09-2011, 19:08
That's good news Max, a great relief for you and yours.

You'll probably get run over next week..:D x

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for that cheery thought ;)

YOUNG GOLFER
12-09-2011, 19:08
Welcome back dear take it easy easy on the Brandy.

MaxineC
12-09-2011, 19:15
Welcome back dear take it easy easy on the Brandy.

Too late, already on it... :D

ps: Only joking ;)

9PLUS
12-09-2011, 19:16
Thanks for the Warning...........................Dear

x

MaxineC
12-09-2011, 19:24
Thanks for the Warning...........................Dear

x

Pffft... Coming from the man who burst out of his shorts when he first met me! Don't be embarrassed, you're not the first man who couldn't contain his excitement upon seeing me.... :whistle:

AL JAY
12-09-2011, 19:27
Welcome home Max :littleangel::bolt::D

Leam_Lin
12-09-2011, 19:29
Glad your back Maxine, after all those tablets hope you will be a lot better.

9PLUS
12-09-2011, 19:29
Pffft... Coming from the man who burst out of his shorts when he first met me! Don't be embarrassed, you're not the first man who couldn't contain his excitement upon seeing me.... :whistle:

Do you think i was embarrassed?

MaxineC
12-09-2011, 19:33
Glad your back Maxine, after all those tablets hope you will be a lot better.

I'm going to hire myself out as a human castanet.... reckon there's a gap in the market! :D

Do you think i was embarrassed?

You were, you got all flustered and went red... :rofl:

Ecky Thump
12-09-2011, 19:34
Now that you are home, just remember....

Work pays off in the future
Laziness pays off now!;)

Glad to hear that your home, now just relax and sit back with a few drinks.

dede
12-09-2011, 21:16
Good to see you back Max... onwards and upwards for you now xx

Santiago
12-09-2011, 21:49
Lovely that you're back Maxie - we did miss you as there was no one to insult - or to insult us. Enjoy the brandy, you've earned it!! :wine:

MaxineC
12-09-2011, 22:18
Lovely that you're back Maxie - we did miss you as there was no one to insult - or to insult us. Enjoy the brandy, you've earned it!! :wine:

Well I'm back now, you miserable git... insults and all! :D

lesbroz
12-09-2011, 22:30
Glad to have you back. Hope the tablets do the trick.

MaxineC
12-09-2011, 22:37
Glad to have you back. Hope the tablets do the trick.

You and me both, I shudder to think what else they may do to me if the headaches continue, the lumber puncture was bad enough! :eek: ;)

Santiago
12-09-2011, 22:40
You and me both, I shudder to think what else they may do to me if the headaches continue, the lumber puncture was bad enough! :eek: ;)

Oh, do you puncture your lumber out in Tenerife? Over here we use a chain saw - perhaps I will bring one out when I come and it will get rid of all your woes!

dokgolf
12-09-2011, 22:54
Glad its good news! Welcome home!

MaxineC
12-09-2011, 22:56
Oh, do you puncture your lumber out in Tenerife? Over here we use a chain saw - perhaps I will bring one out when I come and it will get rid of all your woes!

Well if all these tablets don't work I shall take you up on that offer.... ;)

cainaries
12-09-2011, 23:19
Hi Maxine .. so glad to see you back on here. I think Suej hid a bottle of good brandy for you in the Dungeon ... but whether or not it's still there is another matter.

glostergirl
12-09-2011, 23:40
hi maxine glad to see u back hope those expensive pills work for you. julie xx

Medman
13-09-2011, 00:48
Welcome back Max. Just in time too; Santiago has been trying to steal your title "Queen of Mean". Glad you're out of hospital, that saves me coming to visit you this week and saves money on grapes too.

Hope you get back to full health soon. Awra best hen. ////// :D

caroletenerife
13-09-2011, 01:23
happy your feeling better Max, hope everything is onward and upward from now on x

MaxineC
13-09-2011, 12:08
It was soooo good sleeping in my own bed again, I slept for 11 hours straight! Heavenly ;)

Still in the habit of leaving my left arm sticking out though! I had the IV in that arm, so used to have it sticking out so they could change my drip during the night without disturbing me... :D

Best bit though, a nice cup (or 6) of PG Tips this morning, and 2 potty pooches waiting outside my bedroom door for me...

How I love my home and everything in it! :D

Sundowner
13-09-2011, 12:48
Welcome back Maxine, glad to hear you are on the mend :)

Here is a little something to put a smile on your face.......http://sorisomail.com/email/53346/um-babysitter-com-nervos-de-aco.html

Enjoy.

MaxineC
13-09-2011, 12:57
Hahaha, brilliant.... Poor guy! :D

Suej
13-09-2011, 13:07
Glad to hear the good news that the tests donīt show up anything ominous! I think you really ought to cheer the guys up and put a pic of yourself on the other thread!:devil2:

MaxineC
13-09-2011, 13:27
Glad to hear the good news that the tests donīt show up anything ominous! I think you really ought to cheer the guys up and put a pic of yourself on the other thread!:devil2:

It may get me banned... I'll try and find a suitable one! ;)

Malteser Monkey
13-09-2011, 13:28
Blimey what's on page 2 of this thread ? My work security is blocking it saying it's offensive - has someone been using bad language ?

If you are going to quote what it is can you beeep out some of the letter or it'll block me again ta

MaxineC
13-09-2011, 13:42
Blimey what's on page 2 of this thread ? My work security is blocking it saying it's offensive - has someone been using bad language ?

If you are going to quote what it is can you beeep out some of the letter or it'll block me again ta

Nothing from what I can see... I called somebody a miserable g$t, but can't imagine that is classed as a swear word... ???

You'll have to wait until you get home ;)

TOTO 99
13-09-2011, 13:42

Post 16 has the word G......IT

I wonder if it was that? Seems a bit feeble.

Malteser Monkey
13-09-2011, 13:52
Post 16 has the word G......IT

I wonder if it was that? Seems a bit feeble.

Yes we've had worse ! hmmm Will look at home Max - tho OH may protect me against any offensive :crylaughing:

Goforgold
14-09-2011, 13:58
Great to have you back Max - enjoying your posts!! :)