PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Restaurante Biblioteca, La Camella, Tenerife

Moki Dog
13-09-2011, 15:27
This past Saturday night, my partner and I visited El Restaurante Cafe Biblioteca located in La Camella. We had not been there before and went on the recommendation of a friend.

They offer a variety of Iranian and regional cuisine. There are menus in multiple languages and they were able to answer questions about the menu in English. The menu offers a wide selection of dishes, teas, and drinks that would be suitable for everything from a light lunch, to afternoon tea, to a full multi-course evening dinner (they also do take-away). They also have pre-set multi-course menus to help streamline the selection process if you don't want to sort through the main a-la-carte menu.

We started with the appetizer plate for two. It contains seven different appetizers, all of which were very tasty and seasoned to be fragrant but not overly spicy. We had ordered a salad and a main course and were advised that it would be too much food. I am glad that we listened to the recommendation to skip the salad course! The main course was a filet of lamb in a bed of fragrant rice with a side serving of a traditional Iranian sauce. The lamb was some of the most tender and juicy lamb I have had in a very long time.

A range of desserts were offered, but after the appetizers and main course, we only had room left for a tea.

The interior is decorated very smartly, in a library theme. The seating was comfortable and the tables spaced far enough apart that you didn't feel like you were sharing a meal and conversation with the table next to you.

The pricing is moderate, but for a night out for a good meal, the restaurant is on my "must return" list now.

They have a website at www.cafebiblioteca.es.

Has anyone else visited Restaurante Cafe Biblioteca?

Suej
13-09-2011, 17:12
Friends of mine have been there twice and were not particularly impressed I think Habibi is their favoured choice. I still would like to try Biblioteca as itīs so near to where I live!:yum:

Greg
13-09-2011, 19:10
I used to eat there quite often until one day the Iranian owner started ranting about British and American people being the scum of the earth and responsible for all the wars started on the planet. He then went on to try and justify and condone suicide bombers in the "War against the west." I was pretty gobsmacked tbh. We left without paying the bill and I've never been back. Afterwards I wondered if there had been any added ingredients added to our food over the preceding months! No wonder the place is always empty :twak:

Moki Dog
13-09-2011, 20:55
Wow Greg, thank you for your post - definitely didn't know about that!

I'll have to reconsider putting them on my "return visit" list!

Suej
13-09-2011, 21:58
I used to eat there quite often until one day the Iranian owner started ranting about British and American people being the scum of the earth and responsible for all the wars started on the planet. He then went on to try and justify and condone suicide bombers in the "War against the west." I was pretty gobsmacked tbh. We left without paying the bill and I've never been back. Afterwards I wondered if there had been any added ingredients added to our food over the preceding months! No wonder the place is always empty :twak:

Think they might be off my list too! eek2::wow: I still think itīs great that on here we can get all different opinions!

Chayofa Tete
14-09-2011, 08:03
I was very impressed with the restaurant and we were treated in a very friendly manner by the owner and staff a couple of weeks back so can only say good things about it,on the downside it was fairly quiet but on a Wednesday night maybe not surprising in La Camella.