PDA

View Full Version : Follow my Christmas Turkeys on Facebook

Ed3229
13-09-2011, 17:24
I raise a few Turkeys for Christmas and have a Facebook page about them.
If you would like to follow them you can find them here........https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turkeys-for-Christmas/133279076714084

I also started my own allotment association so if you like allotments follow us on Facebook here....https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wickham-Allotment/117268588861

TOTO 99
13-09-2011, 20:00
murderer.....

Goforgold
13-09-2011, 20:03
A Turkey is for life, not just for Christmas!! :(

atlantico
13-09-2011, 20:04
Well, glad I'm not one of your ill Turkeys !

Got a sick Turkey see how it is tomorrow....If its no better then I will need to pull its neck.

Don't Turkeys look so much better dead, plucked and headless ? ugly so and so's !

Ed3229
13-09-2011, 20:59
murderer.....

I dont murder the birds the nice man with the electric killing thing does it for me.:twak:

Added after 6 minutes:

A Turkey is for life, not just for Christmas!! :(

Some Turkeys live well past Christmas and are kept for Easter and Thanksgiving.
I have a pair for breeding that like all the animals I work with have a good happy free range life.

Goforgold
13-09-2011, 21:12
Some Turkeys live well past Christmas and are kept for Easter and Thanksgiving.
I have a pair for breeding that like all the animals I work with have a good happy free range life.

I know things have to die so we can eat and I'm hypocritical because I will eat something if it doesn't look like the animal/bird running around. I just couldn't eat any animal/bird that I'd seen actually running around.

henry
13-09-2011, 21:21
in america we only eat turkey for thanksgiving. but for x´mas we have ham. you can have turkey for x´mas. but most americans eat ham. like me. i love baked honey sour ham. there a ham place in austin texas. name austin´s hams. and they add the honey sour on your ham. man!! i miss that so much!!!

Ed3229
13-09-2011, 21:21
I know things have to die so we can eat and I'm hypocritical because I will eat something if it doesn't look like the animal/bird running around. I just couldn't eat any animal/bird that I'd seen actually running around.

The wife's the same we have some ducks and a goose out back that will never be table birds they are pets.
My kids all understand that some animals are for food and some are pets.
When they bottle feed the lambs/calves and piglets at work they know in a few months they will be in our shop for sale as sunday dinner.