PDA

View Full Version : Supermarket plastic bags for trash

henry
13-09-2011, 20:53
i just donīt know how to start this. but a few months ago. i use to buy carrefour bags. for my trash. only a penny per bag. and it fits great for my trash. to fill the bags of my trash waste. and the bag is safe. the sun eat it in a week. i know!! i did the test at home hunging a carrefour plastic bag in my back yard.last month. i see i was getting low on my plastic bags. so i was going to santa cruz anyways.when i was in carrefour i use to get a box of bags 500 bags for 5 euros. that last me for ages!!! when i got the box i was shock.. the cashier said canīt sell you the box. i said no problem i just take it out. she reply no, canīt do that!! i ask her why? she reply we only sell the bags to customer if they shop here. i ask her if 500 people buy stuff do you sell the bags to them. she said yes!! same thing right? but she still said no, odd!!! but no problem i get them at macadona. i walk down the street to get 100 bags from macadona. even they reply no, we will only do it this time sell the bags to me. but i have to shop there.

thatīs very odd!! donīt you think if supermakets sell the same bags to customers why canīt me itīs the same right?

so the only supermaket that sell plastic bags to me with no questions ask is lidi. today i was in lidi in las chafias this morning. i counting 200 bags and also the cashier as well. 6 euros. for the bags this will last me quite a while now.

why canīt other supermaket do the same as lidi. no questions ask? they still sell the bags to customers.

even i went to iceland to pick up some tacos i made for dinner. a cashier ask the guy do you need a bag? he only got 2 bags of walkers chips and a pepsi. he said yeah o.k. he got the bag put his stuff in it. walk out and throw the bag away in the iceland trash. wow!! 5 cents and just throw it away matter of sec...

so you see my point right?? the supermaket still sell bags but yet if someone like me wants bags they said no.. whatīs the point then??

Vortex Wake
13-09-2011, 21:30
Henry, are you related to Annalfredo ?

henry
13-09-2011, 21:38
no sorry, i donīt know who he is???

Loaded
13-09-2011, 21:56
How much are normal bin liners? Is it really that big a deal that you'd go to 3 different supermarkets trying to get their check out bags?

Added after 2 minutes:

Best thread ever btw

henry
13-09-2011, 22:01
bin liners are too big the check out bags fit great!!!

Loaded
13-09-2011, 22:02
The other day I went to lidl and when I was paying for my stuff i said "can I have 10 bags please". The cashier said "no sorry we've run out of bags, some guy came in and bought our entire stock of plastic bags!"

"what did he want them for?" I asked.

"no idea, no questions asked!"

henry
13-09-2011, 22:26
hahahaha ..... bazinga!!!!

MaxineC
13-09-2011, 22:56
Sorry, but I've just pee'd myself.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Henry, you are a breathe of fresh air, completely barking, but a breathe of fresh air all the same... :D

Tom & Sharon
14-09-2011, 00:21
No, it's true!

All this "saving the environment" is a complete load of ********. It's all about extra profit and nothing else.

cainaries
14-09-2011, 00:30
Henry ... Maxine is right ... you are very very entertaining. If you have San Martin supermarkets in Tenerife you should try those. here their bags are still free because they are so paranoid that all their customers are thieves (whereas it is, of course the staff) that they will not let you in with our own bag. Since they have this rule they can hardly charge for the carrier bags.

Andy0210
14-09-2011, 00:34
Ha ha, What environment, Henry is destroying the ozone layer single handedly with his 500 bags a week. :laugh:

The answer you are looking for Henry is the supermarkets subsidise the cost of the carrier bags for CUSTOMERS at 0.01c a bag.

Thats why when you go into the Mercadona or Iceland etc it costs well over a euro for 20 bin liners not 0.20c for 20 bin liners.

Just out of curiousity when Titsa put their bus fare up 0.05c did you think "oh fudge, thats 5 bin liners" ???

MaxineC
14-09-2011, 00:43
Now, now Andy, read Henry's post properly... he tested their environmental qualities by hanging one of the bags in his yard for a week, and the sun ate it...

Now if you could excuse me, I need to go and change my underwear again.... :rofl:

Actually, on a serious note; I think part of the problem you're now experiencing Henry, is that I believe in 2016 (may be 18) it will be illegal in Spain for shops to use/sell plastic carrier bags. Hence many now pushing these re-usuable, fabric bags. I imagine selling you 500 of these goes against the object of the exercise of getting people out of the habit of using plastic bags...

Andy0210
14-09-2011, 01:02
Now, now Andy, read Henry's post properly... he tested their environmental qualities by hanging one of the bags in his yard for a week, and the sun ate it...

Now if you could excuse me, I need to go and change my underwear again.... :rofl:.

Canīt believe you have just got out of hospital and Cots is making you do another shoot at this time of night, has he no feelings ???

Maybe you could model one of Henrys Lidl no questions asked carriers bags??

MaxineC
14-09-2011, 01:05
I'm billed as a classy lady, not a bag lady... :rolleyes:

Andy0210
14-09-2011, 01:11
I'm billed as a classy lady, not a bag lady... :rolleyes:

True and also billed as a natural smoker which could be dangerous with all those plastic bags around! :nono:

MaxineC
14-09-2011, 01:21
True and also billed as a natural smoker which could be dangerous with all those plastic bags around! :nono:

What can I say, I'm smoking hot... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Andy0210
14-09-2011, 01:28
What can I say, I'm smoking hot... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Glad you like that lol, you should date Henry then you could be never be described as "an old bag" they only last 10 days when he has finished with them as he hangs them out to die lol.

granny57
14-09-2011, 10:00
wow :wow: interesting piece mm me myself think it cheaper on liners though.:)

atlantico
14-09-2011, 10:40
HENRY, think yourself lucky you don't live in the UK from next month (Oct), as ALL retail outlets HAVE to charge 5p per bag . . . . those would cost you Ģ25 for 500 !! Black bin liners ARE cheaper !

Vortex Wake
14-09-2011, 10:51
Save the planet Henry - recycle your Redbull cans and save on bin liners ;)

henry
14-09-2011, 20:52
i do also recylce my cans as well. i donīt drink that much red bull a can a day. but mostly dr.pepper cans. and if icelane ever bring back mountain dew i recylce th bottles. even the free newspaper as well. and for andy0210 i donīt use that many bags in a week. 500 bags last me bout 3 months just a little over. i use the bags for trash and recylce.

Saltnpepper
14-09-2011, 21:06
bin liners are too big the check out bags fit great!!! actually Henry, you're right, the check out bags are just the right size - the bin liners are too big as by the time you fill them the bin is stinking in this heat, so you need smaller liners, right?

KirstyJay
14-09-2011, 21:06
Well done to you :)

Not enough people recycle, or take an interest in the environment, TBH. Please do what you can to spread the word more, Henry, in your unique way :)

Saltnpepper
14-09-2011, 21:19
we've recycled all our bottles, cans, cartons, papers & cardboard since we moved here over 7 years ago but you're right KirstyJay, not enough people do it

henry
14-09-2011, 21:22
in guaza the container in 4-5 days allways be full. but i see the trash container have quite a few plastic bottles in it.i am sure that everyone knows a plastic bottle takes approximately 450 years!!

cainaries
14-09-2011, 23:33
in guaza the container in 4-5 days allways be full. but i see the trash container have quite a few plastic bottles in it.i am sure that everyone knows a plastic bottle takes approximately 450 years!!

No, henry, I had no idea .. honestly. What always makes us sigh with frustration is here ... you get glass recycling, paper and cardboard and then the one for cartons, plastics, tins etc. And next to it an ordinary rubbish container and when you open it up it's full of blady washing powder cartons and water bottles. How can people be so lazy!

Flossieinpink
15-09-2011, 23:25
i am sure that everyone knows a plastic bottle takes approximately 450 years!!
Having read this thread and not stopped laughing, I now have the image of Henry hanging a plastic bottle up to evidence how long it lasts. I'm happy to bring you the pound shop specials from UK when I'm next over....so funny...:laugh:

Andy0210
16-09-2011, 00:18

Having read this thread and not stopped laughing, I now have the image of Henry hanging a plastic bottle up to evidence how long it lasts. I'm happy to bring you the pound shop specials from UK when I'm next over....so funny...:laugh:

No he didnīt test it, Maxine told him, it seems she had counted the years personally. :hide:

MaxineC
16-09-2011, 01:00
No he didnīt test it, Maxine told him, it seems she had counted the years personally. :hide:

You have just used up your last life.... Start running Logan, I'm going to kill you!! :box:

Actually, Logans Run would make a good title of a tv series... God I'm funny! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Andy0210
16-09-2011, 01:05
You have just used up your last life.... Start running Logan, I'm going to kill you!! :box:

Actually, Logans Run would make a good title of a tv series... God I'm funny! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Told you on Facewotsit you was revenged! lolol

God I'm funny! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You will need to do a lot more than tell him you are funny to get through those Pearly Gates! lol

MaxineC
16-09-2011, 01:23
Told you on Facewotsit you was revenged! lolol

You will need to do a lot more than tell him you are funny to get through those Pearly Gates! lol

I gave up any hope of getting through those many years ago... But being a bad girl is such good fun! :eyebrows:

henry
16-09-2011, 19:21
maxine didnīt told me it common knowleage. just like a soda can can produe enough electic for 3 hours!! when you go to collage you know this stuff. even i donīt know in the u.k. but in america they use used plastic bottles to make carpert.

cgs
17-09-2011, 04:43
This has given me the best laugh ever :rofl: Very Interesting though I have learned a lot!

caroletenerife
17-09-2011, 09:58
maxine didnīt told me it common knowleage. just like a soda can can produe enough electic for 3 hours!! when you go to collage you know this stuff. even i donīt know in the u.k. but in america they use used plastic bottles to make carpert.
mmmmm..Henry, what did you study at college xx

TOTO 99
17-09-2011, 10:18

Gotta back Henry up here. It's true, they do make carpet from recycled plastic bottles and not just in America. Some firms in the UK are now manufacturing this stuff so next time you're buying a carpet, help the planet......:idea:

Andy0210
17-09-2011, 23:25
Gotta back Henry up here. It's true, they do make carpet from recycled plastic bottles and not just in America. Some firms in the UK are now manufacturing this stuff so next time you're buying a carpet, help the planet......:idea:

That reminds me i saw an arab bloke shaking a carpet rug over his balcony yesterday, he didnīt look happy when i shouted "whats up Abdul, wonīt it start?"