PDA

View Full Version : I need help getting resident's discount buying a plane ticket in Tenerife

Ioana Budeanu
14-09-2011, 07:01
I have a NIE from 1 july 2009 and now I want to use this recidency to buy a plane ticket from Madrid to Tenerife with RyanAir. Unfortunately, I can't do that and I don't know why.

I bought before cheaper plane tickets and now - if I try Vueling Company - my NIE works!

For Ryanair, I tried to put "Local Council Residency Certificate", NIE and Municipality to which you belong - Tenerife, Adeje (I live in Ocean View, Adeje). But they not accept my NIE.

Do you know why? Can you help me, pls, pls, pls?? It is possible that my residence to expire or something???

Chayofa Tete
14-09-2011, 07:56
I dont know if this will work but I seem to remember somebody saying if you drop the prefix letter I think it will be anX it will then work,I hope this helps

Ioana Budeanu
14-09-2011, 08:07
Thank You very much, but I tried everything and... nope, it doesn't work:(( Maybe is somebody else who knows.

cressrt
14-09-2011, 08:21
OK, if you do not have the old style Residency Photo ID Cardyou need to have the green residency certificate, not just an NIE certificate. Select the Local Council Residency certificate and put the NIE number in without the X but including the last letter. You will need to show the certificate , if asked, at the check in desk.
I have just tried this on the Ryan air site and it works.

Ioana Budeanu
14-09-2011, 08:25
Yep, I have the green residency certificate and NIE is Y0646894 - X. I will write something like 0646894 - X this? Thank you:)

Added after 4 minutes:

It's not working:(, Thx anyway.

cressrt
14-09-2011, 08:37
write 0646894X, no spaces or dash.

calrie
14-09-2011, 08:44
Hi,

Your number does work.
Choose residency card and put your number in like this;
y0646894x

cressrt
14-09-2011, 08:53
Knowing the reputation of Ryanair I would not opt for the Residency Card if you have the certificate, your number does work with that option by dropping the Y and no spaces or dashes.

Ioana Budeanu
14-09-2011, 12:52
Hei, thank you very much for your answers. With this form: 0646894X doesn't work! But with recidency card and this form y0646894x it workssss! Thank you, calrie! I hope that will work with Ryan and i'll not having problems.

bonitatime
14-09-2011, 13:31
Ryan air seems to have good and bad days with NIE numbers
I have had problems entering them and the next day it has been fine

Ioana Budeanu
14-09-2011, 13:36
Yep, very strange...

timmylish
14-09-2011, 14:01
Although you don,t ask can I mention one small thing. If you are flying to Madrid with say Air Moldova, make sure that you have plenty of time for your c/over. Mrs. T. has twice sat thru' the night because of late landings from both Kishinev and Bucharest. The last one she actually got to the boarding gate before the flight took off but Ryanair would not let her on. So, to aviod this in January she is going via London Gatwick and staying in an hotel overnight with no hassles. 12 pounds (we shall see) for a room at the airport!

Ioana Budeanu
14-09-2011, 18:11
Thank you all for your answers:) I chose Vueling:)) Thx again!

nicki
15-09-2011, 08:04
if i was you i would go to SAC in Los Christianos, and go get a travelform which proves that you are a resident and comes stamped wit aproval. Some airlines require this as wel.

the_kat
15-09-2011, 10:40
How do you get the green residency card? and does presenting this give you discount to the likes od Siam Park?

AndyG
06-06-2016, 18:25
I am looking to travel from Tenerife to Madrid in May 2017. I have a green resident certificate. My Empadronamiento certificate is out of date and my travel document from the Empadronamiento is out of date.

Has anyone flown with Iberia express and obtained the resident discount recently, please? What documents did you need to produce at the airport, please? I rang Iberia express telephone helpline and they said I just need the green resident card so does anyone know if this is correct, please?

junglejim
07-06-2016, 06:50
I am looking to travel from Tenerife to Madrid in May 2017. I have a green resident certificate. My Empadronamiento certificate is out of date and my travel document from the Empadronamiento is out of date.

Has anyone flown with Iberia express and obtained the resident discount recently, please? What documents did you need to produce at the airport, please? I rang Iberia express telephone helpline and they said I just need the green resident card so does anyone know if this is correct, please?
If you are registered on the Padron then Iberia should be able to confirm electronically , that is supposed to be the new system although I have never used it personally . The Registro Card (green) should have your passport and NIE details which they should use to trace you in the system .

AndyG
07-06-2016, 07:01
Thanks! I know that is supposed to be how it is done but have heard that some people have had problems with the electronic confirmation. I will book the flights and see how I get on! I might just get an up to date certificate from the Empadronamiento just before I travel. If they confirm me electronically, I will know for next time hopefully!

junglejim
07-06-2016, 08:25
http://www.grancanariaguru.com/tag/gran-canaria-residents-discount/

cressrt
07-06-2016, 08:35
Not sure where you live, but we live within Granadilla de Abona and can access and print all our documents when you need a copy, always take a current one whenever we travel, never been asked but not worth the risk!