PDA

View Full Version : Which MP3 player should I get?

nicki
15-09-2011, 08:13
I want to buy a mp3 player, but i've got no idea which one to get , a friend got a zen creative and is over the moon with it, others have ipod's. Anybody on here who is knowledgeable on them.? help:confused:

CMEdinburgh
15-09-2011, 09:40
There are a few good ones, and some average ones. The fact that they are generically called iPods says something though.

I would suggest starting looking at iPods to work out what features you want (Apple has the largest range available, after all). Once you have a model you like, only then look at competitors. If you find a good competitor (not a cheap but a real competitor) you prefer, buy it. If not, then go Apple.

And avoid the "usual suspects" selling the knock-off copies floating round certain shops on Tenerife.

lancslad
15-09-2011, 09:57
if you got a few quid to spare, its gotta be the ipod touch:wow:

Vortex Wake
15-09-2011, 15:52
Most 'average' mobile phones will do MP3 music playback.

If you want a handy music player with FM radio and video camera, then the iPod Nano fifth generation (£80 on eBay) will do - alternately, an old Nokia N95 (£50 on eBay) will actually do the same thing ( Music / FM Radio / Video camera/camcorder).

Remember that cheap, un-branded MP3 players often have poor features/functionality, and poor battery life.

nicki
16-09-2011, 15:30
thank you for the advice

tx , that was my first tought, although not sure

thank you all, i'll come around to making a choice

Goforgold
16-09-2011, 16:26
if you got a few quid to spare, its gotta be the ipod touch:wow:

The OH bought me an Ipod Touch for Christmas - I gave it away to a young friend. I don't think he will buy me anything techie again in a hurry!!

My £40 Samsung and £35 Sansa MP3's are still going strong and the Sansa is used everyday. :)