PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Entertainment Act needed for Christmas Eve

casa calina
15-09-2011, 11:33
We have just taken over the bar on Camping Nauta and are looking for an Act Christmas Eve. Does anyone know of anyone who might be available and roughly how much they charge?
We are looking for someone to entertain all ages, this is our First Christmas and we want to start how we mean to go on.
Thank you for your help
Debbie

KirstyJay
16-09-2011, 20:05
It can be notoriously hard to get hold of acts on Xmas Eve, so I would try and get booking now. Charges range from double to triple the normal fees.

Why not try contacting an agent, such as Paul James Associates or Graham Paul.

http://www.entertainmentintenerife.com/GAR%20entertainments.html
http://www.pauljames-associates.com/

slodgedad
16-09-2011, 20:40
It would also help if you described what you want.

Cabaret, cover, equipment, karaoke, quizzes, dancing ...............?

Chicharrera
16-09-2011, 22:12
It would also help if you described what you want.

Cabaret, cover, equipment, karaoke, quizzes, dancing ...............?Yes Debbie would love to help you an know lots of ppl,but they range from dancers,singers,comedians or magicians,so please let me know an will get back to you as soon as pos' as Xmas eve is a difficult time to book acts if you don't do it like now ok,thanx!!!!

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 23:08
All you need is Santa coming down the chimney, a bailey's and a tin of quality street...perfect x

christa
16-09-2011, 23:44
All you need is Santa coming down the chimney, a bailey's and a tin of quality street...perfect x

haha.... oh yes, but also knowing that most of the prepping was done the day before, so you can relax and take the morning easy! :cheeky:

caroletenerife
17-09-2011, 00:23
haha.... oh yes, but also knowing that most of the prepping was done the day before, so you can relax and take the morning easy! :cheeky:
and watch noel edmonds 'christmas presents' then flick over for'its a wonderful life'

Ian_N
17-09-2011, 00:50
You think that bars pay double or triple time for an act Christmas! must be what you want from Santa lol.
Put a disc in and sing for max an hour oh can i have 100e at least please rip off!
Get a late booking xmas eve hardly brill as most have a drink and sort the kids out dont get ripped on an act yet newbee.
Before everyone jumps on the band wagon believe nurses etc yes pay should be more but entertainers which most are not want more but the bars dont charge more for drinks in general.
Love to have a bad or alright voice and charge what they charge.
signed
Rogue Traders

tonypub
17-09-2011, 03:23
You think that bars pay double or triple time for an act Christmas! must be what you want from Santa lol.
Put a disc in and sing for max an hour oh can i have 100e at least please rip off!
Get a late booking xmas eve hardly brill as most have a drink and sort the kids out dont get ripped on an act yet newbee.
Before everyone jumps on the band wagon believe nurses etc yes pay should be more but entertainers which most are not want more but the bars dont charge more for drinks in general.
Love to have a bad or alright voice and charge what they charge.
signed
Rogue Tradersi think most entertainers stick to there normal schedual for normal money.i know the acts i have all year get paid the same every day they work.there are a few good guys acts who reward loyalty n vice versa.if you want an act for one time only expect to pay big bucks

slodgedad
20-10-2011, 00:56
i think most entertainers stick to there normal schedual for normal money.i know the acts i have all year get paid the same every day they work.there are a few good guys acts who reward loyalty n vice versa.if you want an act for one time only expect to pay big bucks

True, if an act works in a bar regularly and gets paid however quiet the night is cannot expect extra when the bar makes money: Loyalty.

One offs are another thing.