PDA

View Full Version : I have lost my passport and don't know what to do in Tenerife!

lynne67
15-09-2011, 12:28
hi ive lost my passport, help i do not know what to do, advice needed thanks

Tom
15-09-2011, 12:40
British Consul: Maria Leng

British Vice consul: Helen Díaz de Arcaya Keating

Plaza Weyler, 8, 1º
38003 Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Tel: 902 109 356
Tel: (+34) 91 334 2194 (alternative number)

Fax: (+34) 922 289 903

E-mail: Tenerife.Consulate@fco.gov.uk

Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 08.30 to 13.30, excluding public holidays.

Andy0210
15-09-2011, 14:18
Where do you think you lost it, do you know the general area? You should go to the National Police station and make a denuncia to say you have lost it, it may have been handed in. Also the Local Police station at Los Cristianos have loads of lost passports handed in there, it is behind the Cultural Centre. If it doesn´t turn up you will have to go to the British Consulate in Santa Cruz to get an emergency one to travel back to the UK, you will need to take two passport pictures and any ID you still have with you and it costs just over 100€

Added after 8 minutes:

This website is for Malaga but the procedures are more or less the same so it should be helpful.

http://www.manilvalife.com/info/passport.htm

MaxineC
15-09-2011, 15:48
They have a new system at the National Police station now (I know this as Geoff lost/had stolen his wallet, with everything in :rolleyes: ) You need to phone a central helpline first, from them you are issued a number and you then take that to the police station...
I've got a hospital appointment shortly, but if you remind me in a few hours, I'll dig the number out for you ;)

Andy0210
15-09-2011, 16:09
They have a new system at the National Police station now (I know this as Geoff lost/had stolen his wallet, with everything in :rolleyes: ) You need to phone a central helpline first, from them you are issued a number and you then take that to the police station...
I've got a hospital appointment shortly, but if you remind me in a few hours, I'll dig the number out for you ;)

That would be this number! 902 102 112

Gfplux
15-09-2011, 19:44
I always travel with a photo copy of my passport which I keep separately from my actual passport. This is in the belief that will help me get a replacement more quickly and also to report it's loss with additional information.
Am I wasting my time or is a sensible thing to do.
I don't want to find out the hard way.

TOTO 99
15-09-2011, 20:17
I always travel with a photo copy of my passport which I keep separately from my actual passport. This is in the belief that will help me get a replacement more quickly and also to report it's loss with additional information.

No you're not alone. I take a copy in my luggage, and if that isn't enough, It's also downloaded onto my phone. Better safe than sorry.. Oh yeah, I emailed the pictures to myself as well, just in case the phone gets nicked..

Pink shoes
15-09-2011, 20:27

ME too! I copy passports, EU cards and put separate to originals.
I also put a postcard size card with name and address in all suitcases in case they get lost in flight.

Lynne, I hope you manage to find your passport.

HarryH
20-09-2011, 00:24

However, you need to be aware that not all airlines will now let you travel with a National Police exit visa. The cheapo airlines are the main ones who have withdrawn this facility.

stephaniepage
20-09-2011, 14:14
Hi are you living here, and need your full passport replaced or do you need emergency travel passport.

My son recently lost his passport. he did need to go to the police station and report it lost but it was quite quick and all you need is the report number.

Follow this link http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/when-things-go-wrong/passport-lost-or-stolen

From here you can download all forms necessary and follow all instructions. This is very comprehensive. My son did everything and had a replacement passport delivered back to him here in tenerife within 7 days. This was only done last month.

I wish you well and hope you get this resolved.