PDA

View Full Version : Where would you live, in Tenerife, if you had a choice?

tracey_in_tenerife
15-09-2011, 20:29
i am writing this for my mother/father in law
They have just recently moved out here and are renting somewhere for 3 months until they have an idea of where they want to long term let
My father in law has a car, but my mother in law would rather bus or walk it, if you know what i mean :whistle:
They dont speak spanish YET but are willing to learn.

So where is there for them to go look around which is mixed population, good bus route and not full of crime , oh and MUST HAVE shops :D

henry
15-09-2011, 20:46
well i allways like los cristanos, and santa cruz they allways have shops there and you pick up spanish here and there.

YOUNG GOLFER
15-09-2011, 21:08
A big fan of Adeje me shops bus route lot's going on a few ex pats around and a good chance of picking up a little Spanish along the way.
Good thing is they have a car and are here for 3 months so i guess they can drive around a get a feel for different areas.

anto3
15-09-2011, 21:13
I have lived in most of the area in the south. After 5 years i found los cris the best. I have friends that live out the road from los cris and spend there time either getting in the car to drive or taking a taxi if they go out for the night. I love los cris because it has everything. If you do not drive here like me and anything happen to your partner you have to think how you are going to get to hospital or get around yourself. When i lived in the golf i felt alone because there is no village and then in silenco it was too quiet. In los cris it is full of life and always something going on. You can walk out your door and walk for miles on the beach and alway bump into somebody you know and have a chat. Just my opinion

Jimandsi
15-09-2011, 21:27
So where is there for them to go look around which is mixed population, good bus route and not full of crime , oh and MUST HAVE shops :D

Oh dear - that will narrow their search down considerably !

Jackie
15-09-2011, 21:48
Where I live in El Roque the larger town of San Miguel is five minutes away. It has plenty of bars/shops/ restaurants and has mixed nationalities. There are Canarian, British, Swiss, Italian etc. and the 416 bus runs from Granadilla right through to Adeje, so getting anywhere is not a problem. I have lived up here for over four years now without a car and don't have a problem using the buses, and contrary to Jimbos comment I can honestly say that there has never been any break in or similar that I have heard of. Personally I think most break ins happen in the coastal/tourist areas as they know there is likely to be money about. They will be up here shortly so they can have a drive round and see for themselves ;)

lozzie1821
15-09-2011, 22:00
I live in parque de la reina.... 10mins from airport (if that) and 10mins from Las Americas (straight down motorway)..
ive been here nearly 8 years and ive seen a complete change for the better...

When i 1st moved here i had no transport it wasnt that great, i felt stuck in the middle of nowhere and constantly bored if i wasnt with friends -there was 1 shop, 1 english bar and a backery!! nothing exciting for a kid.
BUT over the years theyve now made a school, cultral centre, spanish bars, more shops AND a correos (not open yet but soon to be) Its a great area to live, hardly if not any crime... only the local gossips who may cause a prob or 2 within people.... but what area doesnt have a couple of people like them?

sleepy
15-09-2011, 22:01
I'd opt for Las Galletas if it were me.Lovely little laid back town that has everything going for it.

tracey_in_tenerife
16-09-2011, 14:48
Thanks Guys for your advice, ive been to all, but think they need to find their feet themselves and go and have a mooch

bonitatime
16-09-2011, 15:18
I am with Young Golfer Adeje is a great place to live. There is more going on than a lot of towns as we pay more rates but can see where the moeny is being spent. After Adeje going west the bus service is not as good. The only difficulty with Adeje is it is built on a hill which as you get older will possibly be a factor. I would reccomend they have a look around and then rent where they think they will like before they think about buying if that is their thought.
Our retirement plan is either Los Cristianos as it is flat or Santa Cruz but Santa Cruz is not so ideal for non-Spanish speakers

Suej
16-09-2011, 16:02
i am writing this for my mother/father in law
They have just recently moved out here and are renting somewhere for 3 months until they have an idea of where they want to long term let
My father in law has a car, but my mother in law would rather bus or walk it, if you know what i mean :whistle:
They dont speak spanish YET but are willing to learn.

What one person loves another would hate! it really is best for them to hire a car and have a good look round all the Towns, villages donīt sound like a good option if they like easy walking to shops. Good luck I hope they find something they love as they will love the Island Iīm sure!:)