PDA

View Full Version : A Tenerife Adventure - Can I get a boat over to Morocco?

Dan
15-09-2011, 20:40
Evening all!

I'm in the very early stages of planning my next adventure and I'm wondering if what I have in mind is at all possible, reasonable and feasible, so I thought I'd put a message on here and hopefully get some advice.

I've got a week booked at a resort in the south of the island and as a keen biker I figured I'd hire a bike for a week and try to explore as many places as possible. Rather than just get a flight home though, I'm toying with the idea of getting a boat or ferry across to Morocco, either the north of the East Sahara or Morocco itself. From there I'd like to backpack up to the capital and fly back to the UK from there.

There's no date set for this trip so far, but I'm thinking of flying out around 28th Jan 2012 so I have a few days of exploring and hopefully get to see a few days of the Carnival before I depart around the 3rd Feb.

Any thoughts or info you might be able to provide would be very gratefully recieved!

Thanks!

jewels
16-09-2011, 00:31
you could book on the thompson winter cruise from Tenerife and get off in Casablanca or Agadir or maybe the armas to Lanzarote and get a boat to Morocco from there.Good Luck sounds amazing

Happy Days
16-09-2011, 11:00
I had looked at taking a boat to Morocco before, and it wasn't too easy or straight forward. The best option I came up with was flying with the local company - Binter. They fly I think Tuesdays and Saturdays from South Tenerife to Gran Canaria - then onto Morocco. Wasn't that expensive either!

Happy travels!

cainaries
16-09-2011, 11:19
I had looked at taking a boat to Morocco before, and it wasn't too easy or straight forward. The best option I came up with was flying with the local company - Binter. They fly I think Tuesdays and Saturdays from South Tenerife to Gran Canaria - then onto Morocco. Wasn't that expensive either!

Happy travels!

Whether or not you can put the bike on the binter, I don't know but I agree that the flight looks a much easier option.

bonitatime
16-09-2011, 15:34
As you are talking about backpacking when you get to Morrocco I would reccomend the flight and then travel when you get there. I am fairly sure there is no ferry

Dan
22-09-2011, 18:37
Hi all,

Thank you so much for your help and responses - and please forgive the delay in my reply!

Well, I'm flying out to Tenerife on the 27th Jan 2012! Still have bike hire to sort and Binter inform me that they're updating their schedules mid Oct so I won't be able to book my ticket over to El Aaiun until then, but the plan at this stage is to spend three days travelling to and exploring El Aaiun, Tan-Tan and Agadir before heading up to Marrakech and flying back from there three day after that. Certainly not a bad way to spend two weeks!

Still much to sort (and pay for...) but I can't wait to get out there now.

Thanks so much for all your help once again!

Regards,
Dan.