PDA

View Full Version : Chayofa puppy found again...

astara
15-09-2011, 22:23
I am reposting this to get it noticed -
I found the pup that has been wandering around chayofa by the bins at back of las vistas & elena this evening.
Various people have had this dog & looked for its owner according to the forum, but he still appears to be abandonded!!
He is approx 4-5 months old, lovely natured, sandy coloured, small with a corgi look / cross spaniel maybe-
He is staying with holdaymakers at this moment, but not for long obviously.
Any info gratefully received.
Otherwise we must call police, who tend not to respond in these cases, as i know from experience.
please pm me if you have any info. thanks

Chayofa Tete
16-09-2011, 07:48
Poor wee thing hope someone can help I almost knocked the puppy down a couple of weeks back.

astara
16-09-2011, 09:39
:yum:

Walking the pup this am, a guy who lives on the building site ran after us, saying it was his dog ' bongo'

appentley he takes himself for a walk each eve, but always comes home.
after explaining to him about micro chipping, & flea treatments etc, bongo went home to his daddy.
( who only speaks french, & as it happens one of of our friends staying here is half french).

A happy ending.....:laugh:
Thank god he didnt have to join the 400 other dogs at live arico refuge.
Anybody who would like to help please check out www.livearico.org E3 per month can sponsor a dog ...

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 10:34
well done trish, lets hope he heeds your advice, a young dog like that shouldnt be allowed to roam (well none should, but you know what i mean ) well done again xxx

jewels
16-09-2011, 12:30
Thats great,at least we know he's got an owner.

astara
16-09-2011, 19:16
unfortunately i came accross him again tonight, he chased my van after regonising it !! so i had to stop & put him back through the building site fence. Anybody who sees him - he does live there...

I aim to get him a tag made saying bongo - building site pup'
What else can we do - its not perfect by a long shot but may help !!
guy is supposed to be microchipping on monday at vets !!! i hope !!

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 21:02
The guy obviously thinks its ok to have him roaming, the tag is a good idea..but i asked at the hardware store and they said 8 euro!!!! for an inscribed tag

Cat Woman
16-09-2011, 21:16
The guy obviously thinks its ok to have him roaming, the tag is a good idea..but i asked at the hardware store and they said 8 euro!!!! for an inscribed tag
You can get one of the little brass barrels from the pet shop and put his details inside. They are about 1 to 2 euros.

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 22:12
oh cheers Sharon, might get fasi one, was going to get one from uk, but if they are that cheap will get one here, not that she roams (too lazy) :D

astara
17-09-2011, 03:26
when we were walkijg out tonight to get a cab, little bongo followed us yet again !! I banged on door to site to no avail - & resorted to venga casa Bongo - eventually he went !! not great - and a tad worrying near to road - catch 22 situation - what is best ???

Suej
17-09-2011, 10:51
The puppy belongs to someone Astara so I donīt see what you can do! I hope he lives long enough to become an adult dog!!! on that road the cars donīt seem to care that there is a blind bend there and donīt even stay on their own side of the road itīs like a racetrack. The only alternative I can see is to kidnap Bongo!:(

caroletenerife
29-09-2011, 18:28
The puppy belongs to someone Astara so I donīt see what you can do! I hope he lives long enough to become an adult dog!!! on that road the cars donīt seem to care that there is a blind bend there and donīt even stay on their own side of the road itīs like a racetrack. The only alternative I can see is to kidnap Bongo!:(

Good news on this story, will leave Astara to fill in the details but little 'Bongo' is soon to become a Brit x

Suej
29-09-2011, 18:43
Good news on this story, will leave Astara to fill in the details but little 'Bongo' is soon to become a Brit x

Ooooh! donīt leave us in suspenders!!!!:eyebrows:

caroletenerife
29-09-2011, 20:11
I canny, she will kill me haha

astara
06-10-2011, 23:28
[QUOTE=caroletenerife;102209]I canny, she will kill me haha[/UOTE]

ok i will own up - ileft the guy on building site a note in three languages, said i plucked him from the road, one time nearly under a bus from jungle park - i told him he would be killed or taken to a refuge & without microchip he would not get him back
I returned to same spot a few nights later , to find said pup in road again sat in middle waiting to be killed !!!
Sorry - I kidknapped him - he is with me- & has been vaccinated, raBIES JABS, HEARTWORM TESTED ( & CLEAR )
Has his passport & has a lovely new home waiting for him, courtesy of a lovely friend of my daughters, Hayley ( in January, when the rabies laws change to uk )... So will keep you updated on bongo our chayofa building site pup set for his new life...
He is so gorgeous i want to keep him !! but there is always a new rescue round the corner ...
I rescued another podenco - hunting dog from chayofa two nights ago - starved to death almost, took me two hours - now he is safe in live arico, although our doors are closed due to lack of funds , they would never ever turn away a dog in this state ... SO I KNEW EUGENIO WOULD TAKeIN THIS POORLY PODENCO, OF COURSE, he was in a seperate cage with food & water within minutes.

ITS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO - FOR ALL THOSE DOGS WITH NOBODY ELSE ........

SORRY GOT EMOTIONAL -

Chayofa Tete
07-10-2011, 07:57
[QUOTE=caroletenerife;102209]I canny, she will kill me haha[/UOTE]

ok i will own up - ileft the guy on building site a note in three languages, said i plucked him from the road, one time nearly under a bus from jungle park - i told him he would be killed or taken to a refuge & without microchip he would not get him back
I returned to same spot a few nights later , to find said pup in road again sat in middle waiting to be killed !!!
Sorry - I kidknapped him - he is with me- & has been vaccinated, raBIES JABS, HEARTWORM TESTED ( & CLEAR )
Has his passport & has a lovely new home waiting for him, courtesy of a lovely friend of my daughters, Hayley ( in January, when the rabies laws change to uk )... So will keep you updated on bongo our chayofa building site pup set for his new life...
He is so gorgeous i want to keep him !! but there is always a new rescue round the corner ...
I rescued another podenco - hunting dog from chayofa two nights ago - starved to death almost, took me two hours - now he is safe in live arico, although our doors are closed due to lack of funds , they would never ever turn away a dog in this state ... SO I KNEW EUGENIO WOULD TAKeIN THIS POORLY PODENCO, OF COURSE, he was in a seperate cage with food & water within minutes.

ITS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO - FOR ALL THOSE DOGS WITH NOBODY ELSE ........

SORRY GOT EMOTIONAL -

Delighted to hear tha Bongo is sorted at last,for sure if you hadn't done this he was going to be run over in fact it is amazing luck that he hasn't as I was close to running over him myself when driving towards our garage,so very well done.

astara
12-10-2011, 14:46
Bongo's tale has developed further..... ( no not tail!!)
After leaving his builder owner a letter in spanish, english, & french, saying he was going to get run over, one of these nights. I came back up to chayofa several evenings later, to find the building site locked up & Bongo wandering the streets as usual!! He ran up to me wagging away, for a cuddle & some t.l.c.
So i made a decision & took him home with me.. Next morning checking there was indeed no micro-chip, I spoke to my comrades at Live Arico.... &
To cut a long story short - He is being fostered by myself before leaving for a new life in U.K. in January. ( with Hayley of the ladies who was on holiday here when we found him, she is raising the money for his flight etc.)
Via Live Arico ( at hospivet) he has been vaccinated, rabies jabbed, microchipped, de-wormed, & deflead, tested clear for heartworm ( filaria). & has his passport to go.
He is an absolute little angel, quick to train, was housetrained in three days, & with such a beuatiful nature. I,m going to struggle to let him go. But there's plenty more out there to save..
So Bongo the Building Site pup starts his new life in manchester on January 4th, after the laws change within u.k.. Dogs only need to wait three weeks to travel so long as they have a passport.
A very happy outcome indeed.....

Added after 4 Hours 35 minutes:

ooops - sorry for repeating myself - I have no net at mo, only check in spasmodically & when i rechecked earlier couldnt see my first post, thought it had not got on here via the cyber cafe....
Still good news deserve another mention hey !! haha
piccys soon...