PDA

View Full Version : Question about E111 card

julia44
16-09-2011, 06:35
Hi

My mum and dad are coming to stay for a few weeks, my mum has a heart condition and I have looked at the other threads about the
E111 and they mention hospitals, my question is if my mum has problems could I take her for an appointment at the social doctors in Chio using the card?
Thanks

Goldenmaniac
16-09-2011, 08:32
Yes, the European Health Card can be used at any of the Canarian Health service medical centres network.
You will need the card, and her passport and a copy both and they help you to fill out a form which includes info about her address in the UK. You cannot use the on-line system or telephone for an appointment you will have to physically deal with the receptionist each time your mum needs to see the doctor.
Have a look here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/health.htm#EmergencyMedicalAssistanceWhilstOnHolid ayInTenerife

julia44
16-09-2011, 10:58
Thank you very much for that, hopefully she will not have any problems, thought I would find out just in case as previously they have always stayed in the hotel los gigantes and they could have got the rep to organize anything, first time for me to be in charge. No problem dealing with the receptonist as the lady in Chio is very nice as is the doctor they make allowances for the crazy english woman yabbering on in spanglish/alien.