PDA

View Full Version : Football Do you still get excited about watching England national football games?

CIM
06-06-2011, 22:08
I have to say, I saw enough in the World Cup of them to last me a lifetime. What a lot of rot! Even before the torunament started I had just about had enough of these overpaid underachievers. Cant wait until Lampard, Gerard et al all hang up their international boots and we start picking a young, ambitious team, hungry for it, excited to be picked and proud to play and give their all for their country. IŽd rather see them die trying than whimper out for no good reason.

I tuned in to the second half the other day and switched off after Daren Bent missed a sitter.

I find the Premiership to be infinitely more entertaining than England playing at International level, England for the past couple of tournaments simply epitomise failure and dispassion.

Where does the national team go from here?

slodgedad
06-06-2011, 22:31
Premier League football is far better than watching the national team because most of the players are not English.

Just check out the Spanish international team and you'll find that the squad only includes about 3 players that actually play outside Spain.

I don't know how successful Spain have been of late..:idea::surrender:

caroletenerife
06-06-2011, 22:49
ive never got excited watching England....but then im Scottish :D

CIM
06-06-2011, 22:50
You all get excited when you think we re going to bloody lose though!

jase.2
06-06-2011, 23:05

Unless you have money on them to win like I did on Saturday grrrr

caroletenerife
06-06-2011, 23:17
yeh, as a nation we have been practically hyperactive recently ;)

theedge92
07-06-2011, 09:50
I have to say, I saw enough in the World Cup of them to last me a lifetime. What a lot of rot! Even before the torunament started I had just about had enough of these overpaid underachievers. Cant wait until Lampard, Gerard et al all hang up their international boots and we start picking a young, ambitious team, hungry for it, excited to be picked and proud to play and give their all for their country. IŽd rather see them die trying than whimper out for no good reason.

I tuned in to the second half the other day and switched off after Daren Bent missed a sitter.

I find the Premiership to be infinitely more entertaining than England playing at International level, England for the past couple of tournaments simply epitomise failure and dispassion.

Where does the national team go from here?

Can i just say your comment about Gerrard is wrong. Gerrard is if not the only player in that team who will work hard 100% and drive the team to success. He is the only rightful captain in the squad. Thats the problem with the England squad, theres no leadership. Yes hes getting on abit but hes still a vital member of the squad for another 2 years or so. I agree the team needs stripping completely and needs replacing with youth and talent, not just the world beaters of the prem who obviously cant play together. Look at the likes of Wilshere and Young, there the type of players England should have in the team on a regular basis. But i do believe Gerrard is the only player who deserves to be first name on the team sheet.

P.S. That was not a bias opinion
P.S. Your absolutely right about Lampard :crylaughing:

Angusjim
07-06-2011, 16:26

Guilty as charged:pray::mexicanwave: what about the goalie changed days used to be the Scottish goalies who made all the HOWLERS, the second attempted save was especially brilliant :lol::lol:

marbro8
07-06-2011, 22:33
i get really excited about watching england, until i watch em!!!!!!!!!

Guilty as charged:pray::mexicanwave: what about the goalie changed days used to be the Scottish goalies who made all the HOWLERS, the second attempted save was especially brilliant :lol::lol:enjoy it while you can because we will reign again within the next 100000000000000 years:doh: