PDA

View Full Version : Twenty Four Euros to donate your body to medical science in Tenerife

junetta
16-09-2011, 22:46
A couple of friends of mine have recently signed up to donate their bodies to medical science. It appears that they will be tastefully removed after death and any useful parts recycled and the rest used by students for research.

I´m not sure if this would be my preferred end even though twenty four euros is better than the normal funeral costs. What do you think?

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 22:50
Do they pay you 24 e or does it cost you 24e? Either way, i will be dead so wont need the old body anymore, signed up to donor card so they can help themselves to whatever they like....mind you most of me will be pickled, especially the liver:D

Andy0210
16-09-2011, 22:57
Is it 24€ a kilo?

If so i would happily sign up tomorrow. :)

junetta
16-09-2011, 22:57
You pay the money when you sign up for it.

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 23:16
You pay the money when you sign up for it.
haha, thats a bit of a cheek..they are getting all the bits and bobs...and lets be honest, someone somewhere is making money from you after your dead. No i wouldnt sign up for that on principal. Being serious you are giving someone the gift of life or enhancing their life. I take it this is a private initiative and not the good old NHS

Andy0210
16-09-2011, 23:24
haha, thats a bit of a cheek..they are getting all the bits and bobs...and lets be honest, someone somewhere is making money from you after your dead. No i wouldnt sign up for that on principal. Being serious you are giving someone the gift of life or enhancing their life. I take it this is a private initiative and not the good old NHS

Ssshhhhhhhh, you will put people off, don´t mind them having my bits but not sure about them having my bob ???

junetta
16-09-2011, 23:41
This is Tenerife.........

caroletenerife
17-09-2011, 00:20
Ahhhhh, its in Tenerife...all is becoming clearer. Still a bl**dy cheek though. Encouraging organ donation in the UK is hard enough, where it is seen as a gift to someone after your death, asking people to cough up before they pop the cloggs for the privilage seems a bit of a non starter But good on your friends for being so unselfish

Andy0210
17-09-2011, 00:33
asking people to cough up before they pop the cloggs

I once arranged a blind date with a girl with inflatable shoes, was gutted when she never turned up, found out later she had popped her clogs!!!!

TOTO 99
17-09-2011, 07:53
What a money spinner this is... You're hardly in a position to know if they deliver their side of the bargain. What if the bloke who owns the firm dies before you do? :laugh:

anegib
17-09-2011, 11:42
haha Carole me too