PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear a bikini, Ladies?

Sal
17-09-2011, 21:05
Is there an upper age limit for wearing a bikini or does it depend on one's figure?

When in my late forties I started wearing a one-piece swimsuit thinking I was too old for a bikini. :ashamed:
Then we had a holiday in Crete and my view changed again! I am still wearing a bikini on the beach nowadays.
How about you girls?

ruffus
17-09-2011, 21:21
I still like a bikini, just have to breathe in a lot :D

dede
17-09-2011, 21:27
I dont think age comes into it, its more about shape and you see some sights on the beach when you havnt got your gun:spin::spin::spin:

kingbaker
17-09-2011, 21:33
i dont think age comes into it, its more about shape and you see some sights on the beach when you havnt got your gun:spin::spin::spin:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And no warning notices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sal
17-09-2011, 21:38
I dont think age comes into it, its more about shape and you see some sights on the beach when you havnt got your gun:spin::spin::spin:

Sorry about that! :ashamed:

marbro8
17-09-2011, 21:46
wy wife looks fantastic in her bikini(but she thinks she looks fat:dontknow:) like all women she always thinks she looks worse than she actually does bless her, she is (according to the 15 stone nurse) about 7lbs overweight:dontknow: when she went for her diabetes test the overweight nurse sat there with her holier than though attitude telling my wife how to cut down on this and that, and where to save calories:bowdown: she was very informative and friendly until i piped up and said "looking at you it is easier said than done isn't it nurse" my wife now has to see another nurse:ashamed:

Sal
17-09-2011, 21:50
wy wife looks fantastic in her bikini(but she thinks she looks fat:dontknow:) like all women she always thinks she looks worse than she actually does bless her, she is (according to the 15 stone nurse) about 7lbs overweight:dontknow: when she went for her diabetes test the overweight nurse sat there with her holier than though attitude telling my wife how to cut down on this and that, and where to save calories:bowdown: she was very informative and friendly until i piped up and said "looking at you it is easier said than done isn't it nurse" my wife now has to see another nurse:ashamed:

Well done!

cainaries
17-09-2011, 22:14

Some of them really have a nerve don't they? (The nurses not the bikini wearers). I was listening to a nurse lecture me about my diet connected with high blood pressure when one of her colleagues popped in to collect a file. The colleague must have been about 30 (compared to my 60+) and must have weighed about 15 stone. The nurse giving me the lecture faltered rather after that. Doctor heal thyself, etc.

But, no, no longer wear a bikini, Sal. But I would if I could lose a few kilos. So, yes, I agree, the deciding factor is the figure not the age.

Jackie
17-09-2011, 22:19
Yep I still wear a bikini, think the last time I actually wore a swimsuit was probably during school swimming lessons when a '2 piece' was not allowed.

cainaries
17-09-2011, 22:20
Perhaps you should add this to the 'put a face to the name', Sal, and do a 'put the body to the name' ... and I am DEFFO not putting a picture on here!

Cairo
17-09-2011, 22:24
Yup, I still wear a bikini, I reckon there is always going to be someone who looks worse :)

MaxineC
17-09-2011, 23:56
I think it's a figure thing, age is irrespective... At home I happily sunbathe in the nude (my garden is pretty private ;) ) However, after needing two major ops last year, in public I prefer a one piece. Only I seem to think my scar is unsightly, and I'm sure in time it won't bother me as much, but for now I'll only wear a bikini (or less) in front of very close friends ;)

caroletenerife
18-09-2011, 03:19
I think it's a figure thing, age is irrespective... At home I happily sunbathe in the nude (my garden is pretty private ;) ) However, after needing two major ops last year, in public I prefer a one piece. Only I seem to think my scar is unsightly, and I'm sure in time it won't bother me as much, but for now I'll only wear a bikini (or less) in front of very close friends ;)
Tell everyone it was a shark attack, i did that for someone who had a bad scar on their leg and were paranoid about it. Shark attacks apparently make you a super cool person which in turns equals lots of free drinks:D

bonitatime
18-09-2011, 09:13
I wear a bikini, if I can be dragged to a pool or the beach. But at a water park I would wear a one piece as I like to get off the slides without having shared my parts with the whole park.

Ecky Thump
18-09-2011, 09:15
I wear a bikini, if I can be dragged to a pool or the beach. But at a water park I would wear a one piece as I like to get off the slides without having shared my parts with the whole park.

I think its nice to share!:D

waveydavey
18-09-2011, 10:20
I wear a bikini but my mates tell me I should stay in my trunks,

Suej
18-09-2011, 10:57
Is there an upper age limit for wearing a bikini or does it depend on one's figure?

When in my late forties I started wearing a one-piece swimsuit thinking I was too old for a bikini. :ashamed:
Then we had a holiday in Crete and my view changed again! I am still wearing a bikini on the beach nowadays.
How about you girls?

I like Bikinis but will confess I only wear the bottoms for sunbathing, you see some real sights so who cares! anyway there´s not a huge difference it´s just that the midriff part is covered in a one piece!:wink2:

atlantico
18-09-2011, 14:14
WOW !! A bikini thread !

So us men can answer the question accurately, can each female forum member please upload pics of themselves in bikinis so that we can make an informed decision ?? Please ??

Here's one of me to get the 'balls' rolling :laugh:

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/images/product_images/clo002_leopard_mankini.jpg

MaxineC
18-09-2011, 14:19
Tell everyone it was a shark attack, i did that for someone who had a bad scar on their leg and were paranoid about it. Shark attacks apparently make you a super cool person which in turns equals lots of free drinks:D

Cool, I like that excuse.... poor shark that bit me though possibly needs the help of a cosmetic dentist, as my scars are all over the place ;)

With you on that one. 20 odd years ago, when the Aquapark was the Octopus park & had the huge kamikazee slide, I couldn't understand why I drew so much attention at the bottom of the slide... All became clear when my bikini arrived next to me a minute or two later!! :eek:

Added after 4 minutes:

WOW !! A bikini thread !

So us men can answer the question accurately, can each female forum member please upload pics of themselves in bikinis so that we can make an informed decision ?? Please ??

Here's one of me to get the 'balls' rolling :laugh:

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/images/product_images/clo002_leopard_mankini.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think Kirsty should post one of The Bloke in his mankini :D

Here's me in my swimwear... :whistle:

KirstyJay
18-09-2011, 15:17
I think Kirsty should post one of The Bloke in his mankini :D

Your wish... Etc etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eETM1cdBNk

Sent using Tapatalk

lozzie1821
18-09-2011, 17:48
Ive stopped wearing a bikini due to having children i still carry "abit of baby weight" so until im back to a size im happy with ill not be puttin on bikinis..
I tend to spend ALOT more funny on costumes that you see in music videos etc..
my last 1 was from ann summers haha

warbey
18-09-2011, 19:36
I think its nice to share!:D

Oh Ecky You Devil..

Anyone having a "Brazillian..?

cainaries
18-09-2011, 22:10
At my local beauty salon I discovered something rather less than a Brazilian is called an 'ingles'! The chica administering the agony and I both thought that was quite funny.

Sal
18-09-2011, 22:14
At my local beauty salon I discovered something rather less than a Brazilian is called an 'ingles'! The chica administering the agony and I both thought that was quite funny.

So what does that look like? :crylaughing:

Graceylacey
18-09-2011, 22:16
I have recently hit my 40´s but still wear a bikini and still go topless in my garden or the beach, wont go topless round our community pool :o:ashamed::o:whistle:

cainaries
18-09-2011, 22:22

Bit too much personal information really but a basic bikini wax! Just in case you wanted to ask for one. Though I am slightly worried she was teasing and it was an unusually subtle Spanish joke.

nicki
19-09-2011, 10:33
ofcourse i still wear a bikini, for it doesnt have anything to do with age or shape , for all the rounder ladies out there ; if we were living in the age of painter Rubens and more , then we would hold the beautystandard !!!

get out there wear a bikini and be happy with your life

lozzie1821
19-09-2011, 11:05
my mum is 53 and still wears a bikini, she has a scar that goes across her stomach from when she was 17 BUT her figure is fantastic and she pulls it off well...
Im proud of my mum and the way she looks - she does look fantastic!!

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 11:26

:D hope this works

Suej
19-09-2011, 12:18

:D hope this works

I like the trimmed down version MM! :laugh:

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 12:23
I like the trimmed down version MM! :laugh:

:bootyshake::wow::tongue:

admin
19-09-2011, 14:27
At my local beauty salon I discovered something rather less than a Brazilian is called an 'ingles'! The chica administering the agony and I both thought that was quite funny.That's because 'ingles' is spanish for groin, whereas 'inglés' (notice the tilde on the é) means 'English' ;) :D

Suej
19-09-2011, 14:32
I have recently hit my 40´s but still wear a bikini and still go topless in my garden or the beach, wont go topless round our community pool :o:ashamed::o:whistle:
Ha Ha! I remember a good friend of mine (male) came over and while we were all sunbathing at the beach I quickly took my top off when he wasn´t looking...he looked over after a while and said "Alright there Sue? who´s ya two mates!!!!" never worried me since!:wink2:

cainaries
19-09-2011, 15:36
That's because 'ingles' is spanish for groin, whereas 'inglés' (notice the tilde on the é) means 'English' ;) :D
OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! Sorry for the caps but just wanted to express my :ashamed::laugh::cry:

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 15:59
OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! Sorry for the caps but just wanted to express my :ashamed::laugh::cry:

but it all depends on the pronunciation:D

nurse ratchet
19-09-2011, 18:12

Here you go Sal.....or should this be in the tatoo thread??1415

cainaries
19-09-2011, 18:13
It only depends on the pronunciation when you know the word in the first place! Which I didn't!

It only depends on the pronunciation when you know the word in the first place! Which I didn't!

And now I'm writing double. Sorry.

sunspot
19-09-2011, 18:14

Oh dear, maybe theres a chance i could wear a bikini after all

cainaries
19-09-2011, 18:15

More Brazilian than ingles I'd say.

MaxineC
19-09-2011, 19:13

I thought I'd seen most things.... I was wrong!! :eek: :v3:

Sal
19-09-2011, 20:16

Suddenly my bikini figure looks great! Thanks!

Suej
19-09-2011, 20:57
Of course you could always have one painted on!

A bit droopy though!:whistle:

lozzie1821
21-09-2011, 10:41
to be fair i hate going the beach and seeing fat people in bikinis... i just think it looks disgusting seeing all that flab & when they run i just think oh dear god!!

Those with great figures by all means show it off, be proud of what youve got but theres a reason there are bikinis and costumes made in my opinion x

karinagal
21-09-2011, 11:16
to be fair i hate going the beach and seeing fat people in bikinis... i just think it looks disgusting seeing all that flab & when they run i just think oh dear god!!

Those with great figures by all means show it off, be proud of what youve got but theres a reason there are bikinis and costumes made in my opinion x

Oi! Us fat burds have a right to an all over tan if we so desire.....! Ok it might take longer to achieve as it sometimes means moving things about a bit to ensure the sun can get at them.... You know, things like remembering to elevate the boobs or separate the folds to let the light in...!

To be fair though, I have scars that I don't share with strangers so there is no way I would wear a bikini. That's my personal choice though, I totally support each individuals right to do what suits them as long as it's not hurting someone else....

bonitatime
21-09-2011, 14:40

Perhaps it would be better if all the fat people stayed in their houses and covered themselves with a Burka. I am shocked by your comment. It is a bit weightist isn't it.

trinakt
21-09-2011, 14:56
I have to buy a new bikini.... size 50!!!! But who cares! I refuse to boil in a one piece! If people don´t like the sight of me, they can look the other way!

lozzie1821
21-09-2011, 19:25
Perhaps it would be better if all the fat people stayed in their houses and covered themselves with a Burka. I am shocked by your comment. It is a bit weightist isn't it.

Fat people/big people whatever they want to be called have every right to be on the beach around the pool as much as anyone, Im no size 0 myself and i wear costumes coz of my baby weight when really compared to some i dont need to be so self concious BUT i am & so i wear my costumes that i spend ridiculous amounts of money on because i still want to look good and not be 1 of the people (like me) who look at someone and think they should have covered up.

Santiago
21-09-2011, 22:41
I have to buy a new bikini.... size 50!!!! But who cares! I refuse to boil in a one piece! If people don´t like the sight of me, they can look the other way!

Nothing wrong with being large and wearing a bikini - if you've got the nerve why not? I fully intend to knit myself a new one for this year with daringly short legs and arms and a keyhole space in the middle for the sun to get in - so there!! :knitting:

Santiago
24-09-2011, 14:44
The Bathing Suit (by a middle-age woman ~ unknown)

When I was a child in the 1960s, the bathing suit for the mature figure was boned, trussed and reinforced, not so much sewn as engineered. They were built to hold back and uplift, and they did a good job.

Today's stretch fabrics are designed for the prepubescent girl with a
figure carved from a potato chip. The mature woman has a choice ~ she
can either go up front to the maternity department and try on a floral suit
with a skirt, coming away looking like a hippopotamus that escaped from
Disney's Fantasia, or she can wander around every run-of-the-mill department store trying to make a sensible choice from what amounts to a designer range of fluorescent rubber bands.

What choice did I have? I wandered around, made my sensible choice and
entered the chamber of horrors known as the fitting room. The first
thing I noticed was the extraordinary tensile strength of the stretch
material. The Lycra used in bathing costumes was developed, I believe,
by NASA to launch small rockets from a slingshot, which gives the added
bonus that if you manage to actually lever yourself into one, you would
be protected from shark attacks ~ any shark taking a swipe at your
passing midriff would immediately suffer whiplash.

I fought my way into the bathing suit, but as I twanged the shoulder
strap in place I gasped in horror: my boobs had disappeared! Eventually,
I found one boob cowering under my left armpit. It took a while to find
the other. At last I located it flattened beside my seventh rib. The problem
is that modern bathing suits have no bra cups. The mature woman is
meant to wear her boobs spread across her chest like a speed bump. I realigned my speed bump and lurched toward the mirror to take a full view assessment.

The bathing suit fitted all right, but unfortunately it only fitted those bits of me willing to stay inside it. The rest of me oozed out rebelliously from top, bottom and sides. I looked like a lump of Playdoh wearing undersized cling wrap. As I tried to work out where all those extra bits had come from, the prepubescent sales girl popped her head through the curtain, 'Oh, there you are,' she said, admiring the bathing suit. I replied that I wasn't so sure and asked what else she had to show me.

I tried on a cream crinkled one that made me look like a lump of masking tape, and a floral two-piece that gave the appearance of an oversized napkin in a serving ring. I struggled into a pair of leopard-skin bathers with ragged frills and came out looking like Tarzan's Jane, pregnant with triplets and having a rough day.

I tried on a black number with a midriff and looked like a jellyfish in
mourning. I tried on a bright pink pair with such a high cut leg I thought I
would have to wax my eyebrows to wear them. Finally, I found a suit that
fitted ...a two-piece affair with a shorts-style bottom and a loose blouse-type top. It was cheap, comfortable, and bulge-friendly, so I bought it. My ridiculous search had a successful outcome, I figured. When I got it home, I found a label that read: 'Material might become transparent in water'.

So, if you happen to be on the beach or near any other body of water this year and I'm there too, I'll be the one in cut-off jeans and a T-shirt. Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain, with or without a bathing suit.

warbey
27-09-2011, 19:22
I dont care what You wear Girls, or Fat or thin, but,,
if Plump dont sit next to Me on the Plane Please....

Sal
27-09-2011, 19:30
Now I'm concerned that since I bought my new bikini I have lost over half a stone. I hope the pants don't fall off me...........maybe I should get some braces! :neener:

Santiago
27-09-2011, 21:14
Now I'm concerned that since I bought my new bikini I have lost over half a stone. I hope the pants don't fall off me...........maybe I should get some braces! :neener:

Get the cameras out in Fuerte! :c2:

sparklegirl
28-09-2011, 14:10

How about you girls?

I dont think it matters what age or size you are as long as your confident and feel good in it then wear that bikini sista :p. As for any one who thinks people of a certain size should not wear a bikini :mad:, who are they to judge its up to the individual to wear what they want, when they want. the way i see it these people who judge are that uptight they dont really know how to relax and have a good time so there not worth knowing in the first place. I myself will wear my sparkly bikini with all wobbly bits on show and not care :neener:

karinagal
28-09-2011, 15:17

I pay for priority boarding and choose an aisle seat - if YOU choose to sit next to ME then hell mend you!!! ;) :p ;)

candy2411
28-09-2011, 17:32

I find that comment quite unbelievable........I can think of a whole number of persons male and female I'd choose not to sit next to

Top of the list has to be the person who drinks too much...always manage to avoid them if I can:nono:

karinagal
28-09-2011, 19:06
I find that comment quite unbelievable........I can think of a whole number of persons male and female I'd choose not to sit next to

Top of the list has to be the person who drinks too much...always manage to avoid them if I can:nono:

Or the one who falls asleep and drools on your shoulder?!!

Sal
28-09-2011, 19:30

Or the one who has terrible BO! :vomit:

I dont think it matters what age or size you are as long as your confident and feel good in it then wear that bikini sista :p. As for any one who thinks people of a certain size should not wear a bikini :mad:, who are they to judge its up to the individual to wear what they want, when they want. the way i see it these people who judge are that uptight they dont really know how to relax and have a good time so there not worth knowing in the first place. I myself will wear my sparkly bikini with all wobbly bits on show and not care :neener:

Well done sparklegirl - with you all the way!

karinagal
28-09-2011, 20:18
The Bathing Suit (by a middle-age woman ~ unknown)

When I was a child in the 1960s, the bathing suit for the mature figure was boned, trussed and reinforced, not so much sewn as engineered. They were built to hold back and uplift, and they did a good job.

Today's stretch fabrics are designed for the prepubescent girl with a
figure carved from a potato chip. The mature woman has a choice ~ she
can either go up front to the maternity department and try on a floral suit
with a skirt, coming away looking like a hippopotamus that escaped from
Disney's Fantasia, or she can wander around every run-of-the-mill department store trying to make a sensible choice from what amounts to a designer range of fluorescent rubber bands.

What choice did I have? I wandered around, made my sensible choice and
entered the chamber of horrors known as the fitting room. The first
thing I noticed was the extraordinary tensile strength of the stretch
material. The Lycra used in bathing costumes was developed, I believe,
by NASA to launch small rockets from a slingshot, which gives the added
bonus that if you manage to actually lever yourself into one, you would
be protected from shark attacks ~ any shark taking a swipe at your
passing midriff would immediately suffer whiplash.

I fought my way into the bathing suit, but as I twanged the shoulder
strap in place I gasped in horror: my boobs had disappeared! Eventually,
I found one boob cowering under my left armpit. It took a while to find
the other. At last I located it flattened beside my seventh rib. The problem
is that modern bathing suits have no bra cups. The mature woman is
meant to wear her boobs spread across her chest like a speed bump. I realigned my speed bump and lurched toward the mirror to take a full view assessment.

The bathing suit fitted all right, but unfortunately it only fitted those bits of me willing to stay inside it. The rest of me oozed out rebelliously from top, bottom and sides. I looked like a lump of Playdoh wearing undersized cling wrap. As I tried to work out where all those extra bits had come from, the prepubescent sales girl popped her head through the curtain, 'Oh, there you are,' she said, admiring the bathing suit. I replied that I wasn't so sure and asked what else she had to show me.

I tried on a cream crinkled one that made me look like a lump of masking tape, and a floral two-piece that gave the appearance of an oversized napkin in a serving ring. I struggled into a pair of leopard-skin bathers with ragged frills and came out looking like Tarzan's Jane, pregnant with triplets and having a rough day.

I tried on a black number with a midriff and looked like a jellyfish in
mourning. I tried on a bright pink pair with such a high cut leg I thought I
would have to wax my eyebrows to wear them. Finally, I found a suit that
fitted ...a two-piece affair with a shorts-style bottom and a loose blouse-type top. It was cheap, comfortable, and bulge-friendly, so I bought it. My ridiculous search had a successful outcome, I figured. When I got it home, I found a label that read: 'Material might become transparent in water'.

So, if you happen to be on the beach or near any other body of water this year and I'm there too, I'll be the one in cut-off jeans and a T-shirt. Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain, with or without a bathing suit.

Had similar problems getting suitable swimwear. Even gave in to buying one of those swimsuits with a skirt thing attached.... what a disaster - the skirt bit sooks up half the pool and then hangs low with the weight of the water! Had another one with 'tummy control'. Not sure what they define as 'control' but by the time I'd managed to get the straps up my belly button had become a third nipple....................!

:p

candy2411
28-09-2011, 20:19

and the ones who are up and down every half hour to use the toilet cos they're drinking too much !!

karinagal
28-09-2011, 20:23
and the ones who are up and down every half hour to use the toilet cos they're drinking too much !!

Yeah and wait until you have a hot drink, food, book etc on your tray before deciding that they need to go!

candy2411
28-09-2011, 20:28
It seems we are way off topic and should maybe start a new thread !!:wink:

Sal
28-09-2011, 20:42
It seems we are way off topic and should maybe start a new thread !!:wink:

Possibly "Who do you not want to be next to in flight"?

kingbaker
28-09-2011, 20:47
Ladies Please!!! Can we have some photos pleeeeasssseeee. I think some with and some without bikinis
would be a good place to start! We can form a judging panel and afterwards we will let you (ladies)
know our decision. We might need a fourth official in order to see from all the different angles:c2::c2:

Sal
28-09-2011, 20:48
Ladies Please!!! Can we have some photos pleeeeasssseeee. I think some with and some without bikinis
would be a good place to start! We can form a judging panel and afterwards we will let you (ladies)
know our decision. We might need a fourth official in order to see from all the different angles:c2::c2:

Not good at uploading photos to forum...................luckily for you - and everyone else! :neener:

karinagal
28-09-2011, 20:50

If you're going to form a circle to see me from all the different angles, you may need another couple of judges....! ;)

kingbaker
29-09-2011, 12:47
COME ON LADIES Photos please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting since yesterday:(

Added after 9 Hours 19 minutes:

WOW you guys have gone to ground not a dickeybird amazing