PDA

View Full Version : Red, White or Pink?

cainaries
17-09-2011, 22:05
Which colour of wine do you prefer? If not a wine drinker, that's fine, but the poll is just to test which colour.

OH drinks red. When we go out to dinner with another couple I tend to find the other H drinks beer and his OH will drink red with my OH. Easy so far. But I like a glass (or two) of white. And then there is this slight sigh all round when I start to order white. It would be so much easier, the other 3 clearly think, if I drank red. Then it would be one or two 'haras' for the beer drinker and two bottles of red between three (on a quiet night). Simples. But I only want 'my white'. So I'm interested to know what percentage of wine drinkers drink red versus white or even pink. Thanks.

ruffus
17-09-2011, 22:10
White for me, I dont like red, and not at room temperature either rolleyes2: I think wine should be chilled, so I prefer white :) and dry as well, not sweet, and a good wine, not the cheap plonk :D

Cairo
17-09-2011, 22:11
I vary - my daily wine is white Cava, if I am out I either go for pink or white. I used to drink red a lot in the UK but find I dont here :)

Sal
17-09-2011, 22:12
I used to drink red wine - far too much too!
I now drink dry white wine, but occasionally have a glass of red.
Rosé wine does nothing for me.

Definitely chilled white wine for me!

Jackie
17-09-2011, 22:16
First choice would be Rose then White. Can't stand Red

cainaries
17-09-2011, 22:19
Interesting early replies, thanks. So do you find that others also drink white or rose when you go out in a group? Also, I used to drink red but switched a few years ago. I wonder if it is the change of climate which influences that change?

Cairo
17-09-2011, 22:26
Interesting early replies, thanks. So do you find that others also drink white or rose when you go out in a group? Also, I used to drink red but switched a few years ago. I wonder if it is the change of climate which influences that change?

For me, I think it is the change in climate that stops me drinking red...unless it is like tonight, in sangria :)

Davie Thistle
17-09-2011, 22:30
:wine:...me likes a nice CHILLED Red!
The 'Boss' likes her Rose - chilled also!

also, climate change dos'nt affect me,
I just put Ice innit!!!

Jackie
17-09-2011, 22:39
Nothing to do with climate change for me either, never ever drunk Red..can't stand it even in Sangria hence why when I do have Sangria it is Champagne Sangria;)

ruffus
17-09-2011, 22:43
Me too Jackie, red is horrible, it has to be white every time :)

Sal
17-09-2011, 22:43
When I drink red wine in Tenerife I can't stand it chilled! Maybe it's because I live in UK, but red wine has to be room temperature for me.

Alivee
17-09-2011, 22:50
It's white wine for me . A nice bottle of Pinot Grigio go's down a treat !

:D

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2011, 22:55
For me red now everytime, like it chilled rather than room temperature (but that's not difficult here hun)

If I'm out on a session tho I have to drink white or else :spin

I made a post and it's gone - see if this one does

Added after 2 minutes:

blinkin ek now it's there

marbro8
17-09-2011, 23:03
red, white, pink, who cares? it's alcohol:D

MaxineC
18-09-2011, 00:54
I love red wine, sadly it no longer loves me... it makes me puke & I get a hangover from hell, though I still won't be beat by it! That's dedication for you :D Have started drinking more rose wine, and having fun trying all the different brands... and have always loved pink champagne.

Never been a fan of white wine, or not for many years, and still trying to find one I enjoy... Research can be tough, but also a huge amount of fun! :D

poker
18-09-2011, 01:06
Red all the time but need to eat to drink. 1/2 glass and need a tapa or can not finish it . With the food then can stand liters :-).

When out ,sertainly now in summertime and a bit hotter drink beer when out.

Just in the real canarian bars and restaurants drink the local red out of the barrels .
Otherise price / qwality I rather dink me red at home and just have a pint if they dont have the local red from the barrel (or 20l glass jar) .

Sent using Tapatalk.

Sundowner
18-09-2011, 11:58
Mostly white, but do like red when eating certain foods.

Santiago
18-09-2011, 23:02
Red for me, but after having umpteen courses of antibiotics earlier in the year, wine tastes very bitter. However, I am persevering with several glasses each evening and, hopefully, it will taste good once again. :cheers2:

christa
19-09-2011, 09:30
Always dry white for me, must be kept cold, often resort to adding ice to the glass when out. Same at home but keep glasses in the freezer! Can't stand red, OH drinks his red cold. When out in company at a restaurant, and no-ones drinking white, I usually try the house wine but if its bad will order a half bottle of white. To be honest there aren't many restaurants we go to that serve bad house wine, (or is it me?) so stick to glasses most of the time. We find when friends are over they prefer to order bottles so we just go with the flow.

BobMac
19-09-2011, 10:24
As long as it's wet, served at the right temperature and is at least 12%. it doesn't matter what colour it is.

Balcony
19-09-2011, 15:35
I'm partial to all colour wines! We do drink white, but here in the UK we quite often have rose during summer month. I like a glass of red now and then. A lot depends on our mood (and location) and what offers are around on any particular wine.

In Tenerife we normally drink Vina Sol, or otherwise ask for recommendations at a restaurant for a local wine.

cheery
19-09-2011, 17:24
A lovely drink Vina Sol, but as I am a slow drinker I drink red. I know I could have smaller glasses and top up more but I like to sit back and relax. Should my circumstances change and I find myself with a lovely patio area looking across to La Gomera, I may invest in a good quality ice bucket and stare wistfully to the horizon.

Chicharrera
19-09-2011, 17:39
Depending on the meal the type of wine..........
But in general and with the great local stuff on the island I tend to go more for tinto!!!

BobMac
19-09-2011, 17:44
I like a glass of red now and then.

I hope you have a glass like mine then - it takes a whole bottle at a time.

lozzie1821
21-09-2011, 10:42
I hate red wine... I can drink rose and white wine all day long :)