PDA

View Full Version : Man robs bank in Tenerife to get food and shelter for the night

KirstyJay
17-09-2011, 22:34
A man robbed a bank in Finca Espaņa, Santa Cruz and then asked the branch employees to call the police to surrender.

The incident occurred yesterday, at 10.45am, when the defendant, a resident of the barrio lagunero, entered the CajaSiete branch on Avenida de Las Palmeras with a knife in his hand and, after getting the money, asked the bank workers to call the police so he could surrender.

Following the call from the manager of the branch, National Police arrived and found the robber sitting on a bench waiting with the money next to him in the avenue awaiting their arrival.

This elderly man, whose wife and children have financial problems, reiterated on several occasions that he was "tired and overwhelmed" and that "I have to support my family." "Take me in, because there will not have problems to get a meal, be neat and sleep well."

The detainee had told family and friends their plight and intention to perform an act like this, but the surprise was great when he took this step.

source (http://www.diariodeavisos.com/2011/09/16/sociedad/sucesos/atraca-una-sucursal-bancaria-para-que-lo-metan-en-la-carcel)

How many more of these stories are going to surface :(

9PLUS
17-09-2011, 23:26
Social Crisis

caroletenerife
18-09-2011, 03:25
The homeless do this in uk in the run up to winter, lets face it, prison is a better place to be than the cold, wet streets

KirstyJay
18-09-2011, 09:55
Social Crisis

Yet the ministers don't take a pay cut... :(

Sent using Tapatalk

tonypub
18-09-2011, 13:12
heartbreaking