PDA

View Full Version : Here is an odd one!

dixie4
18-09-2011, 10:08
Upon arrival at the south airport I realised that I had run out of cigarettes (some of us still smoke no lectures please) Wanting a quick smoke before checking in I went into the shop on the concourse to find West at 12 euros for 200.

Later after checking in I was wandering around the 'DutyFree' shop airside I found the very same carton of cigarettes was 21 euros, still cheap by UK standards but nearly twice the price!! Is this Duty free rip off or what?

My father always used to say it is only the profit margin that makes an item expensive.

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 18:17
no. you will find that its cheaper to buy stuff like that out of the airport here cos we don't have the tax that duty free has. silly i know ???

marbro8
25-09-2011, 18:26
Upon arrival at the south airport I realised that I had run out of cigarettes (some of us still smoke no lectures please) Wanting a quick smoke before checking in I went into the shop on the concourse to find West at 12 euros for 200.

Later after checking in I was wandering around the 'DutyFree' shop airside I found the very same carton of cigarettes was 21 euros, still cheap by UK standards but nearly twice the price!! Is this Duty free rip off or what?

My father always used to say it is only the profit margin that makes an item expensive.i am sure i have seen them for 8 euros in resort

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 19:08
Where would be the cheapest place to buy B& H Silver please? I like to bring back some for friends.

marbro8
25-09-2011, 19:27
Where would be the cheapest place to buy B& H Silver please? I like to bring back some for friends.i always buy mine from the asian guy under san telmo, there are about 3 of them one of the other's is in the safari centre i think they are called krishner or the title has got something to do with an indian god? i have brought from both of these in the past and never had a problem, they will be about 22 euros:)

timmylish
26-09-2011, 00:56
Spanish Style, who have shops allover PDLA, normally are the cheapest for fags.

AL JAY
26-09-2011, 03:00
Deffo Spanish Style GFG i think they were 23 euro's in May !!!

Goforgold
26-09-2011, 08:37
Spanish Style, who have shops allover PDLA, normally are the cheapest for fags.

I've not been into PDLA for 20 plus years, but as I'm going to make a special trip to that restaurant I've heard such good reports on and whose webcam I look at most days, Terrazza del Mare, I will look out for one of those shops when I'm there. :)

kellyman
11-10-2011, 17:49
Try Harry´s at San Blas. If you deal with him regularly, he gives you a bit of discount.